Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Anyone been to or live in Celebration, FL?? in the Community Center forums; Hi everyone, I've been doing research and looking into houses and places near Walt Disney World and I have stumbled across Celebration. It looks like a wonderful new town that ...
    disneynurse is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Anyone been to or live in Celebration, FL??

Hi everyone,

I've been doing research and looking into houses and places near Walt Disney World and I have stumbled across Celebration. It looks like a wonderful new town that is up and coming. Has anyone visited or better yet lives there and can tell me their experiences? I would love to hear them! And I would also love to hear of what everyone else has heard about Celebration as well, but what could be better than 6 miles from Walt Disney World?

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Anyone been to or live in Celebration, FL??

I've never actually been to Celebration (shame on myself!), but my cousin has been quite a few times to just eat and walk around. It is a very, no pun intended, contemporary looking town. Some nostalgic type restaurants, and just a nice quaint town to walk around in. Of course, this is coming second-hand. However, here's the bit of knowledge I have on it (and if I'm inaccurate on some detail, someone please correct me) :

Do you know how Walt's concept of Epcot was more of an idea where people work and live together, and not at all an amusement park? Experimental Prototype COMMUNITY of Tomorrow. Well that idea was sort of lived out in the development of Celebration. When the town was first developed (I honestly couldn't tell you exactly what year), it was where many of the CMs lived. Though not so much anymore, as it is just more of a residential town, that was the original concept. If you go on Wikipedia, the article there can probably clarify much of that information.

Hope that helps, at least, a bit!
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I've done quite a bit of reading on Celebration and got to visit last December. It's beautiful place! My recent blog post was the start of a series on Celebration, if you'd like to check it out the link is below
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

For me it has become a must to visit everytime i go, they have a lovely market on Sunday morning, brakfast in the diner is lovely, it's just such a cute picturesque place!
    It is my ultimate dream to live there-imagine America in the 50's, with pretty houses, a cinema, it has it's own university etc
    I would recommend going to take a walk around and check out the hotel they have there too:
    Orlando Hotels: Bohemian Hotel Celebration Orlando Walt Disney World Kissimmee Florida FL area hotels resorts boutique rooms luxury suites family vacations romantic getaways packages weddings meetings conferences centers planning near theme parks Int
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Be nice to read some positive reviews on the town. Unfortunately, I have only read books where the education and strict HOA policies were criticized.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i got to visit Celebration back in 2006 when we went on a time share presentation. It was a cute quaint type town, reminded you of the 50s-60s type houses and feel. felt nice and peaceful, small enough where you knew a lot of your neighbors but large enough to still have your own privacy! we had lunch at a great resturant on the "main" street, i cant remember the name but it was really nice. i remember the guide telling us how it was built with the "epcot" perception in mind. it definatly is worth a visit too if you have an extra hour or two.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Something to remember is, Celebration is no longer "owned" by Disney. A lot of folks want to live there because they think it still is.

Mickey Mouse waves goodbye to fairy-tale town as Disney sells Celebration - Americas, World - The Independent
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Well, my DW and I actually lived there in one of the rental condo's that used to be ran by Centergate! For the 4 years that we had lived in FL prior to moving to Celebration, it had been my dream to live there!

Living there truly lived up to everything that I imagined it would be. It was like living in an episode of 'Leave It To Beaver' - white picket fences, friendly neighbors, great shop keepers on Main Street, and I always felt safe! I worked very late and always found myself needing to take the trash out when I got home in the early AM - the trash compactor was located about 2 blocks away and I never thought twice about running into a bad person (raccoons were a completely different story! ). I was actually pulled over in Celebration once before I moved in because the truck I was driving was too 'loud' and the officer wanted to make sure I wasn't disturbing the residences at 10pm on a weekday!

The one big negative for us was that the condo that we were renting had VERY thin walls and the landscapers for the common areas come very early in the morning to avoid the heat of the day. For someone that worked hospitality late into the night, it was pretty bad! I do not know if the homes have this same issue as they wouldn't let me sleep over in the models!

I do know that their HOA regulations are some of the strictest that I have ever heard of. They dictate almost every aspect of your home that can be seen from the road including landscaping, Christmas decorations, where your cars can be parked, the color of your home, and even what color drapes you can have in your home!

The real estate prices tend to be about double any comparable homes in the vicinity - but they are oh so nice! If I could have afforded it, I would have bought instead of renting there!

If you can, and they still offer, visit one of the model homes. My DW and I would spend hours just enjoying the homes and the decorations that they used. They also had a certain scent in them that always reminds me of them when I can find it - alas, I really do not know what it was.

Unfortunately, my time in Celebration was short lived - a mere 4 months. Even after promising that it would not happen in advance, my company 'offered' me a transfer and promotion to Maryland. Leaving there was one of the saddest things I've had to do.

If you get a chance to visit, definitely do so! The nature trails around the lake area are great! There are numerous parks that are perfect to let the kiddos play in. Visiting during the holidays are a must as the decorations that people put up are some of the best that I have ever seen! It also 'snows' on Main Street - they have a block party that is open to the public and Santa even stops by on his train!
    Last edited by disneyfun55; 09-10-2011 at 01:14 AM.

disneynurse is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for the links. I'll read more into it! I'm surprised how strict the HOA is inside of Celebration, no wonder Disney got out of there! I'm really hopeful for Golden Oak. I've been reading and watching YouTube videos of the tours and they are striving really hard to make Golden Oak a really wonderful place. Aside from all the negativity Golden Oak has received because of the price tag, Disney will not let the HOA into the development and will keep ownership of the property. As they should, I mean it's INSIDE of WDW!

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Actually, it was Disney that made the HOA so strict - they didn't want people neglecting their property and ruining the picturesque setting that they had worked to create and the reputation for excellence that Disney is known for. I would imagine that the HOA for Golden Oak would be just as, if not more strict than Celebration.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Be nice to read some positive reviews on the town. Unfortunately, I have only read books where the education and strict HOA policies were criticized.
    On a side note, sticking it to the HOA:
    How Lightning fan outwitted petty HOA over playoff sign - Puck Daddy - NHLBlog - Yahoo! Sports

I remember reading this article right when the NHL playoffs were starting. I was actually laughing while reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfun55 View Post
    Actually, it was Disney that made the HOA so strict - they didn't want people neglecting their property and ruining the picturesque setting that they had worked to create and the reputation for excellence that Disney is known for. I would imagine that the HOA for Golden Oak would be just as, if not more strict than Celebration.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all. This would just seem to be what would happen with the high level that sophistication that Disney holds.

Quote Originally Posted by disneynurse View Post
    Aside from all the negativity Golden Oak has received because of the price tag, Disney will not let the HOA into the development and will keep ownership of the property. As they should, I mean it's INSIDE of WDW!
    I hope that they don't...but, as I mentioned above, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they did.
    Last edited by N.J.boy@N.C.St.; 09-11-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

its like the perfect town to live in for any disney fan , its so small and everything u can possible need is in town like a movie theather, ice cream parlor and during xmas time i hear they make snow with snow machines . when i retire in 50 years or more im going there
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1014 View Post
    its like the perfect town to live in for any disney fan , its so small and everything u can possible need is in town like a movie theather, ice cream parlor and during xmas time i hear they make snow with snow machines . when i retire in 50 years or more im going there
    I'm there with you....
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

its such a great place
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

I always got a Truman Show vibe from the town.
    WDW Radio Android App.