Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss LaughingPlace.com in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by tmbcole Honestly, I can't believe that anyone would post such terrible remarks. One of the reasons I like wdwradio.com is because the members do not post negative ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: LaughingPlace.com

Quote Originally Posted by tmbcole View Post
    Honestly, I can't believe that anyone would post such terrible remarks. One of the reasons I like wdwradio.com is because the members do not post negative remarks about WDW or DL or anything Disney. I believe everyone has their own opinion and I'm fine with that, but I don't agree with negative remarks. It really does nothing for you or anyone else . . . so why be negative.

That's my two cents.
    There's a difference between being negative for the sake of being negative and offering constructive criticism. To bring up LP again, there's one poster who is negative for the sake of being negative. However there is another who still loves WDW but in the past couple years he's been disappointed and wants the park to get better. That is constructive criticism and that's what works best.

It works the same for the same for being constantly upbeat and positive, WDW is not perfect sorry guys it's not. I love the place dearly but there could be improvements. I'd like to see a little more money spent on the place possibly adding a new country to Epcot just as a sample.
    WDW Radio Android App.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Giggle. I did circum to my curiosity, shame on me. On the first thread I read this:

SpiSun 11:14a<>

Um ... uh ... how do I say this?

Mr. Mongello should have had a lawyer vet his disclaimer before he put it

Tears of Laughter. Have a lawyer Vet his Disclaimer. Silly, posters. He is a very successful lawyer, his law books that he authored are curriculum in major universities around the country. Silly people. I get the idea of the type of knowledge that these type of posters have. Zip.
    ---

I further read on about their red lines. 7. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: Personal attacks against anyone - other posters, public figures, names in the news - anyone, is not allowed on LaughingPlace.com

That standard seems to have some wiggle room from the various threads I just read.
    Have to say the threads did indeed make me giggle. It is easy to spot envy. At least Lou wasn't the only one they are taking shots at, they seem to have ugly things to say about most of the the top podcasters, authors, photographers and writers. When you take a well respected, retired CM author and grill him, you know Lou has been roasted in the best of company.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    There's a difference between being negative for the sake of being negative and offering constructive criticism. To bring up LP again, there's one poster who is negative for the sake of being negative. However there is another who still loves WDW but in the past couple years he's been disappointed and wants the park to get better. That is constructive criticism and that's what works best.

It works the same for the same for being constantly upbeat and positive, WDW is not perfect sorry guys it's not. I love the place dearly but there could be improvements. I'd like to see a little more money spent on the place possibly adding a new country to Epcot just as a sample.
    Ooohhh I think a new thread coming on about ideas for a new country at Epcot - good plan!

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

DAR

Haunted Gabe did you read my post? DisneyPhillip in the past has wandered into threads over there insulted people even telling to go to h e double hockey sticks.

Again I don't agree with the criticism of Lou but just thought you show should know.
    WDW Radio Android App.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Giggle. I did circum to my curiosity, shame on me. On the first thread I read this:

SpiSun 11:14a<>

Um ... uh ... how do I say this?

Mr. Mongello should have had a lawyer vet his disclaimer before he put it

Tears of Laughter. Have a lawyer Vet his Disclaimer. Silly, posters. He is a very successful lawyer, his law books that he authored are curriculum in major universities around the country. Silly people. I get the idea of the type of knowledge that these type of posters have. Zip.
    ---

I further read on about their red lines. 7. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: Personal attacks against anyone - other posters, public figures, names in the news - anyone, is not allowed on LaughingPlace.com

That standard seems to have some wiggle room from the various threads I just read.
    Have to say the threads did indeed make me giggle. It is easy to spot envy. At least Lou wasn't the only one they are taking shots at, they seem to have ugly things to say about most of the the top podcasters, authors, photographers and writers. When you take a well respected, retired CM author and grill him, you know Lou has been roasted in the best of company.

THESE, are exactly the reasons I stay here. I have ventured over to troll other sites but either the attacks, or the sheer weirdness puts me off. Plus, the mods here are truly swift in eliminating the ickies.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMEY View Post
    Ooohhh I think a new thread coming on about ideas for a new country at Epcot - good plan!
    Sounds great. I don't know who should get a country, but something micronesia/polynesia would be really great.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

DAR

Again the original author of this post has been known to wander in Laughing Place personally attacking other posters. I will repeat again, I believe people are wrong in their criticism of Lou over there but it's part of the deal when you are public figure on the internet. But it's hypocritical of this poster to chastise people for attacking Lou while he's engaged in the same behavior.
    WDW Radio Android App.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Haunted Gabe did you read my post? DisneyPhillip in the past has wandered into threads over there insulted people even telling to go to h e double hockey sticks.

Again I don't agree with the criticism of Lou but just thought you show should know.
    Again the original author of this post has been known to wander in Laughing Place personally attacking other posters. I will repeat again, I believe people are wrong in their criticism of Lou over there but it's part of the deal when you are public figure on the Internet. But it's hypocritical of this poster to chastise people for attacking Lou while he's engaged in the same behavior.
    And you see I don't agree but we all have different standards. It is your right to defend your happy place. As I quoted, it is a theory that that behavior is not tolerated there i.e. #7. It obviously is and repeated violated by the the same posters, so there is a lot of wiggle room. A token few may get as you say red lined but the quick search show how many are allowed to stand.

It is why I tend to stay here with 99.9% of my posts. There is a line in the sand and then you are banned by our moderators. I guess that is why I migrated to a Family Friendly sight. I follow several other sights for their info and newsletters. All that I follow seem to have the same standards of conduct that WDW Radio has. There are so many to choose between and I just choose to pick ones that take the high road. It is all about preference.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

DAR

Gabe, I'm referring to Disney Phillip's actions over on those boards. Telling people to go to h e double hockey sticks isn't how you engage in a conversation. It's hypocritcal and cowardly for him to come to these boards chastise people for their treatment of Lou where over there he's engaged in the same behavior.
    WDW Radio Android App.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12