Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss LaughingPlace.com in the Community Center forums; On the forums of the site, I've read a ton of scathing posts criticizing Lou Mongello. Even though I can see where Lou can get a bit annoying at times, ...
    disneyphilip is offline A-Ticket holder

LaughingPlace.com

On the forums of the site, I've read a ton of scathing posts criticizing Lou Mongello. Even though I can see where Lou can get a bit annoying at times, their criticisms have been way too harsh and I'm interested in finding out what he has to say about those critics.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: LaughingPlace.com

I have read those posts myself and it's just people offering their opinions. I'm not saying I'm agreeing with them but when you became a public figure as Lou has, criticism is part of the deal.
    WDW Radio Android App.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Yeah, unfortunately, if you're in the public eye in anyway, big or small, you are always going to come across your fair share of critics. The important thing is that Lou also has a massive fan following - he must be doing something right, or his podcast/magazine/audio guides/books/etc wouldn't be as successful as they are.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Frankly, our Lou is a very well educated gentleman. And he is a gentleman with class. People that lack class toss insults around
    and those with class take the high road and ignore the petty.

I would be very surprised if Lou ever involved himself in that type of banter. He just moves forward.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Never been to LaughingPlace.com... and after reading your post, I don't think I'll be heading over there either. Thanks for the heads up.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

wow i just clicked over there and did a search "lou mongello" and soo many negative posts. wow. i dont think i will be visiting them again. i understand people have opinions, but to not even learn the facts about something (ex-lou's website and tours) ...just wow.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately, if you're in the public eye in anyway, big or small, you are always going to come across your fair share of critics. The important thing is that Lou also has a massive fan following - he must be doing something right, or his podcast/magazine/audio guides/books/etc wouldn't be as successful as they are.
    Agreed!! We LOVE Lou and what he does!!!

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

I was brought up properly and was told if you can't say something nice just don't bother saying anything. However if laughingplace.com did that they wouldnt have any content!

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

simba is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by MissMEY View Post
    I was brought up properly and was told if you can't say something nice just don't bother saying anything. However if laughingplace.com did that they wouldnt have any content!
    That is what makes this site and the whole wdw radio team a step above the rest!
    David Simba Zitzelberger
    Author, Painter, Disney Enthusiast

Author of the fictional Disney novel "Magical Escapades":
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/magicalescapades

Disney College Program Fall 2012--Merchandise

Blog: www.magicalescapades.blogspot.com

2011-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2011-March, Day visit to Wilderness Lodge
    2010-May, Disneyland
    2009-June, Hilton Grand Vacations
    2008-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2007-July, Pop Century
    2004-August, All Star Movies Fantasia
    2002-June, All Star Movies 101 Dalmatians
    1995-July, Dixie Landings

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    That is what makes this site and the whole wdw radio team a step above the rest!

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

Lou is the man !!!!
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

DAR

I'd like some of you to PM me as I don't think the full story has been given. Or I could just say it. Let me know what works.

Forget it I'll say it. While there has been criticism of Lou some of which I don't agree with it does not reflect everyone who posts on the site overall. I post both here and over there as DDMAN26. The posters at LP for the most part are a warm and friendly group, sure there are disagreements. There's a nearly 500 post topic on how the Dwarf Coaster is a downgrade. I've stated in the post that people should take a wait and see approach. A few others have said that they've liked it also. It's been a friendly discussion. There have been other posts about the new thing Disney has been doing in the MK the sleuthing thing? Again for the most part it's been a friendly discussion. And also a post about Kevin Yee who I honestly never heard of before the topic. Well it was in this topic and a few others that Phillip has come in to purposely insult certain posters even telling them to go to a warm place, and no I don't mean central Florida either.

Also like Lou, the owner's of Laughing Place, Doobie and Rebekah Mosley run one of the best Disney sites on the web.

As the late Paul Harvey would say and now you know the rest of the story....good day.
    Last edited by DAR; 09-12-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    WDW Radio Android App.

tmbcole is offline C-Ticket Holder

Honestly, I can't believe that anyone would post such terrible remarks. One of the reasons I like wdwradio.com is because the members do not post negative remarks about WDW or DL or anything Disney. I believe everyone has their own opinion and I'm fine with that, but I don't agree with negative remarks. It really does nothing for you or anyone else . . . so why be negative.

That's my two cents.
    Tina Cole

DAR

Well it turns out the Phillips responses in the one topic have received red administration pen.
    WDW Radio Android App.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by tmbcole View Post
    Honestly, I can't believe that anyone would post such terrible remarks. One of the reasons I like wdwradio.com is because the members do not post negative remarks about WDW or DL or anything Disney. I believe everyone has their own opinion and I'm fine with that, but I don't agree with negative remarks. It really does nothing for you or anyone else . . . so why be negative.

That's my two cents.
    Naw, people post some negative stuff here, as well they should (like the person who recently started a thread about how they don't like mission space). People are allowed to not like certain parts of Disney and to discuss those things and share their opinion. The difference is the lack of personal attacks... and yes, in general it is a lot more positive over here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast