Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Discussions Discuss The politics of WDW accolytes in the Community Center forums; Isn't WDWRadio "your information station"? You can't tell me he's not giving us information. I've listened to Lou since before he went on his own. I look at it as ...
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: The politics of WDW accolytes

Isn't WDWRadio "your information station"? You can't tell me he's not giving us information. I've listened to Lou since before he went on his own. I look at it as he's "plussing" what he has done. His shows have evolved greatly. And never once have I thought he was full of himself. (I'm not suggesting anyone has said that). I've noticed some of these other fan sites get pretty nasty and very argumentative. It's only a matter of time before someone like Lou get's picked on or ridiculed. Lou's doing a great service for those of us who don't get down to WDW as often as we'd like. I stand behind everything he does. And I would bet most of these other podcasters have a lot of respect for him.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

JohnO is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: The politics of WDW accolytes

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    Isn't WDWRadio "your information station"? You can't tell me he's not giving us information. I've listened to Lou since before he went on his own. I look at it as he's "plussing" what he has done. His shows have evolved greatly. And never once have I thought he was full of himself. (I'm not suggesting anyone has said that). I've noticed some of these other fan sites get pretty nasty and very argumentative. It's only a matter of time before someone like Lou get's picked on or ridiculed. Lou's doing a great service for those of us who don't get down to WDW as often as we'd like. I stand behind everything he does. And I would bet most of these other podcasters have a lot of respect for him.
    Well stated. Lou's show and site have evolved because there's a demand for it. The weekly podcast has only gotten better over time, from Lou's delivery, to the quality of guests. I understand why Lou moved the news to wednesday, the show is dated with news and rumours. Its "evergreen" as Lou says without the news. Plus, theres always us Disney geeks who want more.... More of a good thing. I like Lou's show and appreciate the added elements, such as the live shows, wednesdays news, the interactive sites.
    77- Disneyland 89- Disneyland 94- WDW ASSp 95- WDW OKW 98- WDW Hol.Inn MG 99- WDW Off Prop. 06- WDW ASMov 2/8 -2/16 07- WDW Pop 2/4 - 2/14 07- WDW All Star Mus 9/11 - 9/17 08- WDW ASMov 10/27 - 10/30 08- DCL Wonder 10/30 - 11/2 09- WDW AS Mov 9/21 - 9/27 09- DCL Wonder 9/27 - 10/1 10- WDW Off Prop. 4/23- 4/25 10- DCL Magic 7ngt Estrn 10/23-10/30 10- WDW CSR 10/30-11/1 12 - POR 1/8 - 1/15 392 Miles from WDW
    I Survived the 40 Hr Live Show Oct. 1 - 2/2011
    Johnoinsc in 'The Box'

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    How many names does Lou post under?????
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    How many names does Lou post under?????
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

sorry for asking to "out" the other podcaster (s) .

i was just curious since i never really seen or heard any of the other ones being rude about lou.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

You certainly have nothing to apologize for. Curiosity always gets the better of us.

Just take this here thread for example...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I get that. I actually prefer the older episodes when the news was a weekly segment on the show instead of the newscast. I think I would like to see him keep the news apart of the show and use Wednesday as just a night for discussion.
    Although as fast as Disney World news gets around these days he almost needs to host a live broadcast as soon as the news breaks instead of waiting a whole week. It's nice to hear his perspective about things but by the time he gets around to it the topics (Avatar comes to mind) have already been completely dissected.
    And you see, I think your post is constructive criticism.

You are correct. Unless "news" breaks on Wednesday afternoon, the "news" isn't news to most and it has been beat'n to death by the time the news cast airs. The box is just reiterating what has already been spoken during the week. Too me, it is more an outlet for those who genuinely enjoy playing in the box, so it fills that desire.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    When my fiance and best friend asked him for help with the proposal he asked "are you SURE you want ME to be involved?" multiple times because he was so shocked anyone would want him to be part of a proposal. .
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    The Wedding coverage was full of information. Where else can you find more information on the wedding planning and the actual experience but WDWRadio? There has to be a ton of people who are interested in a WDW wedding but dont know a heck of a lot about it. WDW Weddings is just one aspect of thousands of things that go on in WDW and Lou covered it. Why discredit it as pointless. Im sure a lot of people found it useful, whether it encouraged them to do it, or made them shy away from the idea.

Again, one of the things I love about WDWRadio is the tremendous bredth of topics, issues and events covered.

just my two cents...
    This is the beauty of Podcasts. You can either listen or if it doesn't interest you, skip that one.

Me<----As much as I love all Lou's stuff, my wedding and engagement was a very personal part of my life. A tender moment between me and my then fiance. My wedding was large, but I knew everyone that was witnessing my wedding day. There is no way I would have wanted it to parced as it was happening nor viewed by strangers and susequently, almost like an informercial to sell future Disney Weddings. This is not a judgement of Lou, it was a request, not his idea.

I read an interview of Lou's wife within the last month. She seems to be able to separate the "Disney" life from the "personal" life. I giggled when she said you will only find subtle Disney in her home, exception Lou's office. I tend to be like that. I'm a Disney Nut but there are times in my life that Disney doesn't play into it. While I could have seen me now having a Disney Wedding, (I honeymooned at Disneyland) it would have to be a private event.

My two cents.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12