Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss The politics of WDW accolytes in the Community Center forums; I've been listening to another podcast recently, so I visited their website. I noticed they linked to pretty much every other major WD site on the web. Except this one. ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The politics of WDW accolytes

I've been listening to another podcast recently, so I visited their website. I noticed they linked to pretty much every other major WD site on the web.

Except this one.

That, combined with the recent flare-up at Laughing Place concerning Lou (which was pretty ridiculous, IMO) has me wondering what kind of politics have crept up in the WD/W/L realm.

Are there hard feelings there? Competition?

Seems sad, yet human at the same time.

Anybody here privy to the political jostling that may, or may not, be within the enthusiast community?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The politics of WDW accolytes

You are tap danc'n so lightly...

I have no idea the who's or where's you are speaking of...confused.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

ya a lot of the websites/podcasts are pretty ok with the others...

care to share which one it was?
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

it's probably a good idea he does NOT name them publicly here in the open
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Deveney is offline A-Ticket holder

If i MAY be so BOLD to say OUTLOUD............
    I spent 36 hours in THE BOX this past weekend for THE event.

and EVEN with the choppyness on the BEST parts...... I HONESTLY think that Lou has gotten "TOO Big". If you go back to what his podcasts started OUT as.............and THEN go to today............ I would THINK that Lou has GOTTEN TOOO big....

WHEN did we substitue ACTUAL Disney info and history, into Weddings and things of that nature......

WHEN Lou is IN THE box on the LONG Live broadcasts he's GREAT..... but you get ONE Hour of Lou doing WHAT we fell in love with and then 3 hours of fluff?

Lou has Got to BIG for a purist like me............

But Once again that is JUST ME...............

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    it's probably a good idea he does NOT name them publicly here in the open
    Brother, you should really try to relax a little. It's actually quite soothing.

But no, I didn't name names for a reason since I didn't know if hard feelings existed. I figured if people knew the details of this soap opera they'd divuldge a little.

Though, stormtrooperguy's quote here at least has me thinking my assumptions are on the right path.

Though, I maybe should have said "podcasters" in the title.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 10-04-2011 at 06:04 AM.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Brother, you should really try to relax a little. It's actually quite soothing.

But no, I didn't name names for a reason since I didn't know if hard feelings existed. I figured if people knew the details of this soap opera they'd divuldge a little.

Though, stormtrooperguy's quote here at least has me thinking my assumptions are on the right path.

Though, I maybe should have said "podcasters" in the title.
    and that was my point, as you said there may be hard feelings.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Deveney View Post

and EVEN with the choppyness on the BEST parts...... I HONESTLY think that Lou has gotten "TOO Big". If you go back to what his podcasts started OUT as.............and THEN go to today............ I would THINK that Lou has GOTTEN TOOO big....

WHEN did we substitue ACTUAL Disney info and history, into Weddings and things of that nature......

WHEN Lou is IN THE box on the LONG Live broadcasts he's GREAT..... but you get ONE Hour of Lou doing WHAT we fell in love with and then 3 hours of fluff?

Lou has Got to BIG for a purist like me............

But Once again that is JUST ME...............
    Yeah, I miss the jam packed shows of the early days with tons of content just bursting out of each episode, but Lou has done 241 episodes (and counting) now and if the were all 3 hours long with nothing but news, trivia and history then he would've completely run out of content a long time ago. As big as WDW is, it's still just one place.

But as for Lou being too big? I'm not sure that has any merit whatsoever. Of all the people on this forum I haven't run across a single person who said that Lou tried to big-time them when they saw him in person, I really believe a large reason for why Lou is as successful as he is-is because he is a meek person. From day one he let us know he called us all his friends and he has never done anything to prove the contrary. While I do understand what you mean by "fluff" you have to understand that this show has turned more into a community than a simple travel podcast. The fluff you're talking about is that communal aspect of the show. People care about Lou and Beci and the entire WDW team, they want to hang out and be apart of their lives and their Disney experiences.

Admittedly I don't completely get it either, but I'm still new here, I don't have quite the connection to Lou and the rest of the gang. But I'm getting there. Some people may never "get it" and that's fine, you can still enjoy the episodes and the majority of the newscasts. No one's forcing you to tune in to a live event for 36 hours out of it's 40 hours if it doesn't interest you.

Deveney is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Yeah, I miss the jam packed shows of the early days with tons of content just bursting out of each episode, but Lou has done 241 episodes (and counting) now and if the were all 3 hours long with nothing but news, trivia and history then he would've completely run out of content a long time ago. As big as WDW is, it's still just one place.

But as for Lou being too big? I'm not sure that has any merit whatsoever. Of all the people on this forum I haven't run across a single person who said that Lou tried to big-time them when they saw him in person, I really believe a large reason for why Lou is as successful as he is-is because he is a meek person. From day one he let us know he called us all his friends and he has never done anything to prove the contrary. While I do understand what you mean by "fluff" you have to understand that this show has turned more into a community than a simple travel podcast. The fluff you're talking about is that communal aspect of the show. People care about Lou and Beci and the entire WDW team, they want to hang out and be apart of their lives and their Disney experiences.

Admittedly I don't completely get it either, but I'm still new here, I don't have quite the connection to Lou and the rest of the gang. But I'm getting there. Some people may never "get it" and that's fine, you can still enjoy the episodes and the majority of the newscasts. No one's forcing you to tune in to a live event for 36 hours out of it's 40 hours if it doesn't interest you.
    Actually i AGREE with the community aspect of it, and I spent 36 of 40 hours in the box because I LOVE Lou and Beci. I spent the ENTIRE time in the box during D23 because of the community experience. I guess what I meant by "Too big" is that.... It use to be Lou, Beci and The box, now there is an entourage.

I continue to come back BECAUSE Lou is OUR WDW information "guy". I guess I just wish that on the live broadcasts that I would get a little more of Lou, pointing out the cool things about WDW.
    I actually understand the need for "fluff", i just hope that the fluff is proportionate with the cool stuff as well.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I'm the girl who got engaged on the WDW Radio Cruise, and I can honestly say that Lou was nothing but gracious. When my fiance and best friend asked him for help with the proposal he asked "are you SURE you want ME to be involved?" multiple times because he was so shocked anyone would want him to be part of a proposal. My fiance thought the best part of the cruise was just drinking and chatting with Lou in the bars every night and thought he was just such a great guy. Even though there were hundreds of us on the cruise, it was so easy to just hang out with him and talk. Obviously the proposal was a surprise to me, but I love Disney and my fiance and I both love trivia (My proposal happened during a WDW radio trivia contest) and Ive been listening to Lou's podcast for years now so it was perfect for me.

That's just my personal experience with meeting him for the first time and what a great guy I thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    and that was my point, as you said there may be hard feelings.
    Yeah, it's a fair point.

I guess I just find it intriguing that anything like that would happen amongst podcasters/WDW enthusiasts.

The stuff that happened at Laughing Place (which I'm not a member of, and frankly don't care for) was just dumb, IMO. Or better yet, silly.

In hindsight, starting this thread at all wasn't my finest decision either. I just can't imagine why there would be any kind of bad blood. Although, to be fair the host of the other podcast does kind of come across as a jerk at times.

JohnO is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: The politics of WDW accolytes

The Wedding coverage was full of information. Where else can you find more information on the wedding planning and the actual experience but WDWRadio? There has to be a ton of people who are interested in a WDW wedding but dont know a heck of a lot about it. WDW Weddings is just one aspect of thousands of things that go on in WDW and Lou covered it. Why discredit it as pointless. Im sure a lot of people found it useful, whether it encouraged them to do it, or made them shy away from the idea.

Again, one of the things I love about WDWRadio is the tremendous bredth of topics, issues and events covered.

just my two cents...
    77- Disneyland 89- Disneyland 94- WDW ASSp 95- WDW OKW 98- WDW Hol.Inn MG 99- WDW Off Prop. 06- WDW ASMov 2/8 -2/16 07- WDW Pop 2/4 - 2/14 07- WDW All Star Mus 9/11 - 9/17 08- WDW ASMov 10/27 - 10/30 08- DCL Wonder 10/30 - 11/2 09- WDW AS Mov 9/21 - 9/27 09- DCL Wonder 9/27 - 10/1 10- WDW Off Prop. 4/23- 4/25 10- DCL Magic 7ngt Estrn 10/23-10/30 10- WDW CSR 10/30-11/1 12 - POR 1/8 - 1/15 392 Miles from WDW
    I Survived the 40 Hr Live Show Oct. 1 - 2/2011
    Johnoinsc in 'The Box'

Agreed.

Weddings at WDW are huge, and the amount of info concerning them is almost unfathomable.

Not a topic I was interested in having been with my wife for 24 years now, but definitely one of importance, IMO.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I guess I just wish that on the live broadcasts that I would get a little more of Lou, pointing out the cool things about WDW.
    I get that. I actually prefer the older episodes when the news was a weekly segment on the show instead of the newscast. I think I would like to see him keep the news apart of the show and use Wednesday as just a night for discussion.
    Although as fast as Disney World news gets around these days he almost needs to host a live broadcast as soon as the news breaks instead of waiting a whole week. It's nice to hear his perspective about things but by the time he gets around to it the topics (Avatar comes to mind) have already been completely dissected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast