Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1009 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 9509909959999100710081009101010111019105911091509 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,135 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen At this stage, we are most likely not going to challenge it. With less than 3 months until the wedding, I really don't want the added ...
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    At this stage, we are most likely not going to challenge it. With less than 3 months until the wedding, I really don't want the added stress of appealing, and everything else that will come with it. Adelaide doesn't have an US Embassy or Consulate. I'd have to fly to Melbourne or Sydney.

We will definitely be planning a trip to WDW, next year. When we have more time to sort all this business out, with out a time limit. So atm, we are thinking maybe head to Tokyo Disneyland for our honeymoon.

I can't thank everyone enough, for all the support in the last 2 days. It means the world to me
    We're so bummed for you guys.
    But yes, flying to Melbourne or Sydney definitely doesn't sound reasonable at this point.
    No matter where y'all end up for the honeymoon I'm sure it'll be awesome 'cause y'all will be with each other and that's all that really matters.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Happy Father's Day!!
    Thanks Lori...again!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    Happy Father's Day to my hubby and to the other dad"s out there - and warm wishes to all the dad"s that have passed on.
    Thanks Hon!
    ~ you know who

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Gah. After being on the phone with AT&T for almost an hour, getting zero help, and my sister having her credit card over-charged $200+ by them, I FINALLY have a phone on the way. After telling them that I no longer wanted an upgrade from them because of their poor customer service and that I would be switching to a new provider tomorrow, they finally decided to do their jobs, plus waved next months fees and are sending me the new phone overnight. At least something good came out of it.
    Last edited by Thumper10; 06-18-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Now I think I will go make a pot of coffee- Hawaiian coconut, yum.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Those discounts sound familiar. We've got the same ones on resort and dining, plus we've collected enough park passes, the majority from those that weren't gonna' be able to go before there's expired, for all 5 of us to do 6 days each free.
    Wow, that is great Steve. I didn't realize TDS perks were mostly the same as the parks CMs. I assume that means you have HUB access also?
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Those discounts sound familiar. We've got the same ones on resort and dining, plus we've collected enough park passes, the majority from those that weren't gonna' be able to go before there's expired, for all 5 of us to do 6 days each free.
    How excellent is that! Great news. My DH's cousin has been a store manager forever at an IL TDS when she was a real CM, a fake CM when it wasn't owned by Disney and again now while she is a real CM again.
    She has always said they received perks but not as heavily discounted as the CM's in the park. A couple times a year she receives a few passes and saves them up for a trip. When I was going she said they were not going this summer because of the prices of the rooms and dining plan. I'll have to tell DH to update her, she will be thrilled that TDS is matching the discounts of park CM's. Good News!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I miss the days of bedtime coffee. Now a days it is Sleepy Time tea after 6pm.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Hi, Veri. I don't crave Dole Whip, but pretzels? Oh yes especially if they are the soft kind with a decent cheese sauce.
    Now a Citrus Swirl and a pretzel and I am really happy. I am so happy they brought them back. I ate Dole Whips and they were refreshing and one with a splash of rum is nice but given the choice now it will always be a Citrus Swirl.

Gah. After being on the phone with AT&T for almost an hour, getting zero help, and my sister having her credit card over-charged $200+ by them, I FINALLY have a phone on the way. After telling them that I no longer wanted an upgrade from them because of their poor customer service and that I would be switching to a new provider tomorrow, they finally decided to do their jobs, plus waved next months fees and are sending me the new phone overnight. At least something good came out of it.
    Errr. AT&T was great replacing my DD's first phone. It was defective within a few months. Now 6 months into it they were not so nice. She wasn't receiving her text messages in a timely fashion and that was while all the assaults were happening on her campus and the administration communicates with the students via text messages. We actually went into the service office. They spoke to my DD, rightfully, but when they could not make the phone work properly and offered her a refurb only that had the same issue the Momma lost it. The fine art of slightly raising your voice and repeating back what they were saying just loud enough for the connecting sales ATT showroom to hear...she got a different new phone. After a year she signed a new contract with ATT and got an IPhone. This summer she will have to get a new one as the button isn't working right anymore. DS got a brand new IPhone at 23 months and two weeks into his contract because his button didn't work. Made up for his Razor Phone issues of 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Excellent start on that trip report. Most excellent.
    Why thank you! My goal is to see if I can finish day one. The days in between arriving and departing should be easier.

The last day and the voyage home was an experience. I have so much more respect for the people who do not live near an airport and have to travel to one. Growing up I was 10 minutes at best from OHare, spoiled.

I didn't read the Scarlet Letter until 11th grade english, and that was an AP class. And, in my opinion, there are much more exciting reads out there.
    I had many conversations with our curriculum director in the Elementary years about the choices of literature. So many of the Gold and Silver award books are so dang depressing. While they are very detailed and tell the story why are they all so maudlin?

What is wrong with the novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I never saw the need to rush young and impressionable children into what happens in the real world. Ugh.

Hi Lori! Good to see you back. Heard you enjoyed your Mother Daughter mini trip. Sorry your feet are still messing with ya. So your solution is to run a full marathon! Go Lori!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

OMG Hawaiian Coconut is my FAVORITE late night coffee.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I had many conversations with our curriculum director in the Elementary years about the choices of literature. So many of the Gold and Silver award books are so dang depressing. While they are very detailed and tell the story why are they all so maudlin?

What is wrong with the novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I never saw the need to rush young and impressionable children into what happens in the real world. Ugh.
    Well, I was reading ahead for three years, and a lot of really depressing classics are coming up, unless I can find a suitable replacement AND get it approved. I try to stay a year ahead on reading lists, so I can get approvals to replace bad ones.

They read The Hiding Place this year as a lit assignment, in class. But some of the upcoming ones are horrible, depressng, deal with "stuff" and NO, just no.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.