Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1014 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 145149149641004101210131014101510161024106411141514 ... LastLast
Results 15,196 to 15,210 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Trip reports are time consuming. I posted the MK part now, bet the other 3 parks won't take as long....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Trip reports are time consuming. I posted the MK part now, bet the other 3 parks won't take as long.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Howdy gang!

Wonder if anyone can guess where I'm workin' tonight...?
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Trip reports are time consuming. I posted the MK part now, bet the other 3 parks won't take as long.
    Yes they are, but it's a good read!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

It was 10 degree cooler in Orlando today than here. We've been in the high 90's they have been in the 80's.
    Y'all had 97...it only got up to 95 here today...

Things are flippin' flipped...!
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I am reading Designing Disney by John Hench and it is great. Wish he was still around to still add his touches to the parks.

Finished Walt Disney's Disneyland by Marty Sklar last night, it is pretty outdated, but I didn't mind 'cause I think it is cool to read about the things that don't exist anymore. And there were some really cool photos.
    Oooooo...!
    I have the John Hench book...LOVE it!

I have not read the Sklar book but it sounds like one I need to track down, especially since I remember DL from back in the day.
    ~ you know who

Well, I have been playing phone tag with the lady from the Fort Wayne Zoo since yesterday. She finally left me a voicemail and said that she'd just email me instead. But I am very curious to hear what she has to say, because I applied for an unpaid internship and she mentioned two different paid positions, one of them as a zoo instructor (I think it involves doing educational animal programs with children) and one of them as a keeper in the aquatics department (which would be just perfect and awesome). So not sure what that means since she seems to not be talking internships? I still have a lot more info to find out since we have only communicated via voicemail at this point, and I'm sure there are plenty of others out there after the same positions also....so, we will see what she has to say.

Oh, and she mentioned that she was happy to see Disney on my resume, as she happens to be a CP alum as well. My boss that I am working for now also likes to bring up my Disney experience while I am at work. Everyone told me that it would be a great thing to have on a resume....looks like they were right.
    Good luck! Hope ya' get the position ya' want!

And, I've always heard that about Disney on a resume, as well!
    Although, come to think of it, I wouldn't ACTUALLY know...
    The last time I used my resume was when I applied at TDS. Every job I've been hired for since was by word of mouth...!
    ~ you know who

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

They definitely are. I enjoy writing them just to relive the vacation over, but am always glad when I am done.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Great! Now I have to spend 6 weeks in a cam walker!! I need new feet!!
    Yow!
    Hope the footsies get better soon!
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Good luck! Hope ya' get the position ya' want!

And, I've always heard that about Disney on a resume, as well!
    Although, come to think of it, I wouldn't ACTUALLY know...
    The last time I used my resume was when I applied at TDS. Every job I've been hired for since was by word of mouth...!
    Thanks Steve.

I'm just goin' with the flow and not worrying over any of it. Have a job to get me through the summer and confident that things will unfold as they are meant to once autumn hits . I think the most stressful part is filling out the piles of apps and writing tons of different versions of my cover letter. Now that that part is done, I'm just patiently waiting.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    You report has been great so far, I will go read the rest.

after reading between you and steve last night, I wish I had a family member working anything Disney right now. The rates are just really out of reach for those of us who have to pay full price. The travel site on here found me 4 nights hotel, 4 days park passes no meals for just under 1100 at All stars. HUH???
    We would not have been able to afford it, otherwise.
    ~ you know who

It seems so silly that people would wait in that for a Starbucks while on vacation....if it were for some super yummy treat unique to DL....then maybe. But Starbucks is far to common for me to spend that much time waiting for while I'm on vacation.
    Just another reason I'm glad I'm not a coffee drinker, in the first place!
    ~ you know who

It has been close to 100 here since Friday, and it's supposed to last through the week. Makes me wish I could come home and jump in the pool on my lunch break.
    You and Gabe too? Wow!
    I'd have to go back and check, but I don't think we've hit 100 yet this year?
    By this time last year, we'd already had several 100+ degree days.
    ~ you know who

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quick little update... Still have not met up with Sarah. It's kind hard. Yesterday I went to ucf and fall in love with it even more. Mom and dad liked it also. This morning I got my senior pictures taken at Epcot. It was so great. I can't wait to see them. If you are doing everything with Disney Professinal Phofltography request Ty. He is amazing. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    You and Gabe too? Wow!
    I'd have to go back and check, but I don't think we've hit 100 yet this year?
    By this time last year, we'd already had several 100+ degree days.
    Gabe and I are pretty close to each other location-wise, I think, so that's why.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Thanks Steve.

I'm just goin' with the flow and not worrying over any of it. Have a job to get me through the summer and confident that things will unfold as they are meant to once autumn hits . I think the most stressful part is filling out the piles of apps and writing tons of different versions of my cover letter. Now that that part is done, I'm just patiently waiting.
    Yep. Do the best you reasonably can and just roll with it. It'll all work out how it's supposed to for ya'...!
    ~ you know who