Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 105 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 555951031041051061071151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Oh BTW Chris - I got the local library to order the "Free Range Kids" book. They got it in a couple weeks ago and are holding a copy for ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

re: The RT Thread Part V

Oh BTW Chris - I got the local library to order the "Free Range Kids" book. They got it in a couple weeks ago and are holding a copy for me.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

hey all.

i posted yesterday when i got back in, but it didnt post i guess. wierd.

just wanted to say i am ok. went to the gym for an hour yesterday and got on the treadmill and did 1.5pace and did a mile. my knee was giving me a hard time so i am resting today but im going back tomorrow. felt good afterwards.

then i got kay from school and she had daisys then a library program. then we came home had dinner and she got ready for bed. she was in bed by 9pm, woke up today at 530am, laid with me til 615am, then she watched tv for a while til i got up and got her ready for school. dropped her off, came home, had some cereal, took my med, and fell asleep for a couple hours.

logged in to check out the disney parks blog chat, and didnt really think much of the answers given. nothing new.

kays father is picking her up from school today and meeting me later at the library at 6pm for her program.

tomorrow i have a conference with her teacher, the kids in school til 1130am then the conference at 1pm. got her report card the other day, she had mostly 1s needs improvement and a few 2s doing ok. dont know how well i agree with it, so we will see what teacher has to say.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Winter
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Winter

shush!!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Oh BTW Chris - I got the local library to order the "Free Range Kids" book. They got it in a couple weeks ago and are holding a copy for me.

free range kids??

is that anything like free range chickens?? :p

sorry...i had too...

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    hey all.

i posted yesterday when i got back in, but it didnt post i guess. wierd.

just wanted to say i am ok. went to the gym for an hour yesterday and got on the treadmill and did 1.5pace and did a mile. my knee was giving me a hard time so i am resting today but im going back tomorrow. felt good afterwards.

then i got kay from school and she had daisys then a library program. then we came home had dinner and she got ready for bed. she was in bed by 9pm, woke up today at 530am, laid with me til 615am, then she watched tv for a while til i got up and got her ready for school. dropped her off, came home, had some cereal, took my med, and fell asleep for a couple hours.

logged in to check out the disney parks blog chat, and didnt really think much of the answers given. nothing new.

kays father is picking her up from school today and meeting me later at the library at 6pm for her program.

tomorrow i have a conference with her teacher, the kids in school til 1130am then the conference at 1pm. got her report card the other day, she had mostly 1s needs improvement and a few 2s doing ok. dont know how well i agree with it, so we will see what teacher has to say.
    I have always followed the cardio one day, weights next and repeat.

I was getting Data Base errors and gave up.

I still remember Kindergarten report cards well, never liked them, found them to be ambiguous and arbitrary. If done thoughtfully, the comment section was more informative unless it is not specific.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

shush!!
    Sorry, truth hurts.

I have always followed the cardio one day, weights next and repeat.

I was getting Data Base errors and gave up.

I still remember Kindergarten report cards well, never liked them, found them to be ambiguous and arbitrary. If done thoughtfully, the comment section was more informative unless it is not specific.

well, again she wrote about kay being "tested" so i dont know. she said that kay gives up easily and her writing needs to be neater and that she has a short attention span.

Sorry, truth hurts.
    this is why i need to move to florida!!

now how am I expected to concentrate at work with this looming out there?

Massive and exhaustive post about something new coming up very soon...

Two posts on twitter a few minutes ago.

well, again she wrote about kay being "tested" so i dont know. she said that kay gives up easily and her writing needs to be neater and that she has a short attention span.
    Well lets hope they don't want to put her on drugs. Remember you don't have to give them permission to test her nor are you required to.

Ya, there might be things to work on however she is 5. All little kids mature at different rates. The very reason they invented Kindergarten to acclimate kids to school. Sheesh!

Best answer on the spot rather than debating...."Interesting." "Something to consider."

If they ramble on and you feel on the spot, don't answer at all and just make eye contact or if it is very critical (for knowing a kid 2 months) "I don't even know how to respond to that"

You are there only to hear their very limited opinion at this point they have very little to base finding on after 2 month of school for a 5 year old.

As you can tell...I had 2 very bad experiences with Kindergarten with my kids.

this is why i need to move to florida!!

Snowplows out in Rockford. Slush is forming.

Well lets hope they don't want to put her on drugs. Remember you don't have to give them permission to test her nor are you required to.

Ya, there might be things to work on however she is 5. All little kids mature at different rates. The very reason they invented Kindergarten to acclimate kids to school. Sheesh!

Best answer on the spot rather than debating...."Interesting." "Something to consider."

If they ramble on and you feel on the spot, don't answer at all and just make eye contact or if it is very critical (for knowing a kid 2 months) "I don't even know how to respond to that"

You are there only to hear their very limited opinion at this point they have very little to base finding on after 2 month of school for a 5 year old.

As you can tell...I had 2 very bad experiences with Kindergarten with my kids.

ya 2 months to get used to school is not a lot of time to get used to each child and their learning. i was reading a book the other day and they even said not to expect results greatly until the end of the school year.

like one thing she wrote is kay can count to 29...but the other night we went up to 48!!

i feel like the teacher is kinda picking on her cause kay has a lisp and she keeps saying she cant understand her.

and bout the writing, ive been working with her and she has gotten better. the only thing i dont understand totally is kay learned her letters in preschool and now is having more problems in kindergarten. i wonder if it has anything to do with her having glasses now/. but that was suppsoee to help her right?

guess gotta see what is said.

obviously, if i was going to pick her up from school wouldnt i be out of my room by now and leaving at this time??

stepfather just came and flung open my door and asked. i told him no her dad is.

how bout knocking? ugh...cant stand common courtesy.

Beauty and Beast returning to theaters January 13th. Lets hope that wasn't the announcement.