Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1057 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 5755795710071047105510561057105810591067110711571557 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,855 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by tiggerguy sounds like my Wendy's during the aftermath of Irene, where the customers were getting angry when we were running out of items. It didn't matter we ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    sounds like my Wendy's during the aftermath of Irene, where the customers were getting angry when we were running out of items. It didn't matter we were doing 60% more business than we planned on.

zoo was fun
    It was kinda funny in a sad way. Our fries were not as full as usual, the tomato was a half slice, lettuce was maybe a 2 x 1 inch square and one single small ring of onion. The ketchup and mayo was funny too about a nickle sized drop of each. DH did a count before he left the counter and we were shorted a burger. Said the girl looked like she was going to cry.

Where if this happened any other time I would have been ticked. Nope. Ate my food, in my house with A/C and just felt blessed.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

One of my BIL's new neighbors moved into their new home on Saturday. Making plans to move out on Sunday, a huge tree branch poked through their roof upstairs and was inside their bath.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    why are we not getting that here?
    I guess the upside is the vast, vast majority of the damage is trees, unfortunately one branch can take down a half mile of home and businesses if it falls in the right spot.

These employees are not going to be able to work at restoring long hours, it is just too hot. As the electric company said, a hurricane they can start planning for, these storms, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    i don't want those type of winds but we need the rain. and you were in Wisconsin AND YOU DIDIN"T TELL ME? you think you know A girl. but you know me and you know i'm kiding.
    I was in Racine for a couple of days for a wedding and then we went to Kenosha for lunch and a quick drive through of Carthage College, where my DS originally started his college carrier. That campus is so beautiful on Lake Michigan. The Bride and Groom both graduated from there. So yes, I was a pebble throw away from you!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    It was kinda funny in a sad way. Our fries were not as full as usual, the tomato was a half slice, lettuce was maybe a 2 x 1 inch square and one single small ring of onion. The ketchup and mayo was funny too about a nickle sized drop of each. DH did a count before he left the counter and we were shorted a burger. Said the girl looked like she was going to cry.

Where if this happened any other time I would have been ticked. Nope. Ate my food, in my house with A/C and just felt blessed.

Wow, sounds like they were overwhelmed. Maybe a Waffle House in your area would be good.

Then, they could use the Waffle House equation for storms.
    An actual formula by which they determine how severe it was-what all is Waffle house serving.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

I guess the upside is the vast, vast majority of the damage is trees, unfortunately one branch can take down a half mile of home and businesses if it falls in the right spot.

These employees are not going to be able to work at restoring long hours, it is just too hot. As the electric company said, a hurricane they can start planning for, these storms, not so much.

We have crews on stand-by, on a rotating schedule for out of town outages. They sign up, and the timing rotates, but our crews can roll in 6 hours, to nearly anywhere that requests assistance.

A friend of ours hates the conditions, but loves the cash that outages brings. He can pay his house off in 5 years with three storms a year, just on overtime.

Nephew just got his cert for lineman work, but he cannot get a CDL for 22 months yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    We have crews on stand-by, on a rotating schedule for out of town outages. They sign up, and the timing rotates, but our crews can roll in 6 hours, to nearly anywhere that requests assistance.

A friend of ours hates the conditions, but loves the cash that outages brings. He can pay his house off in 5 years with three storms a year, just on overtime.

We do to however this took out one whole county just over a million people and parts of others. There just isn't that much equipment or manpower. Plus the trees have to be removed before the wires can go back up. Normally these storms come with vast amounts of rain, this time at least they are not dealing with floods and power outages. They will bring in trucks by tonight from other states to help.

Last I heard they've put 180,000 back online and around 95,000 to go.

Nephew just got his cert for lineman work, but he cannot get a CDL for 22 months yet.
    One of my oldest friends, a lineman was electrocuted during one of these type storms, restringing the lines.
    He died on the spot, brought him back to life after he fell 50ft to the ground. Died again during operation, his veins had fused together and then he died a 3rd time on the table as they were trying to create new fingers for him. Not his time 'cause they brought him back again. He is so OCD now, sad and suffers from panic disorder when anything is out of his routine. He had been a meter reader.

Two of my 8 tomato plants is churning out nice red tomatos. Happy Days.

Wow, sounds like they were overwhelmed. Maybe a Waffle House in your area would be good.

Then, they could use the Waffle House equation for storms.
    An actual formula by which they determine how severe it was-what all is Waffle house serving.
    Funny. We do not have a waffle house. A couple towns over they have an IHop however I'm relatively certain they don't have power.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Camping was so much fun. I am so tired but the Monster, Sweet Tea, Cake, Peanut Butter M&Ms and coconut m7ms are keeping me awake
    Sounds like you ate yourself through the weekend, glad you had fun.

I fell asleep with my laptop last night.

Gas was a dollar cheaper in Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I'd order a lot more online, if the shipping was cheaper. Sometimes it is, other times it isn't. I have to really, really want something from the Disney Store to order it. Since my last order, the shipping cost me $85
    I need to order some Little Mermaid, Ariel stuff. My DD's BF at college had her home burn down on Saturday. Everyone was out, Firefighters got the cat out, ugh cat escaped and ran back in. Friend is a big fan of all things Mermaid and they are all gone.

DS friend, 28, had a heart attack on Saturday.

Facebook delivered both sets of news to us driving up to Wisconsin. Sometime I wish we were not so connected.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

wow you know A lot I can tell my mom that i'm doing school on WDW radio forums LOL.