Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1099 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 9959999910491089109710981099110011011109114911991599 ... LastLast
Results 16,471 to 16,485 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Kaboooooooooooooooooooooomm Oh, I love a good thunderstorm. Monday ours lasted for hours. And it was that nice rumbling thunder that rolled around the whole area. Hope ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Kaboooooooooooooooooooooomm
    Oh, I love a good thunderstorm. Monday ours lasted for hours. And it was that nice rumbling thunder that rolled around the whole area. Hope you all got a good rain out of it.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Not sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand, I (personally) feel like Disney makes more accommodation than any other park. And they go over and above in a lot of areas that other resorts and parks don't. On the other, if that is what is needed-okay.
    In the middle of those two is the space of the park and the other guests and segways CAN be worse than the motorized chairs or strollers, and add yet another traffic problem in already crowded and narrow paths. So, anyone else have a reason this is a plus or a negative?
    http://www.ktla.com/news/nationworld...,3538675.story
    Last edited by Keasmom; 07-19-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: misspelled a word.

Oy!

"Is Disney the happiest place on earth for everyone?"

The name of the grass roots effort to pressure Disney to release there dolphins to a rehabilitator for eventual return to the wild.

Hmpf. Dogs were once wild as were cats. Should we all release them also?
    Don't you WISH these people would try to help with hunger in communities or something constructive for the Wounded Warriors or abuse survivors? ANYTHING other than going after stuff like this?

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Reading through the threads just now and seein' the Club 33 phone thread reminded me of one funny thing that I will share quickly though...

We were walkin' through the UK pavilion at EPCOT and oldest DD saw the phone booths and wondered if they worked. Immediately the light bulb went on over my head... (thank you Mckayla! ) I remembered I had copied down the phone number to the one from Mckayla's thread and had it in my wallet. Oldest DD said "No way!!!" I said "Yes way!!!" and gave it to her...needless to say, she had a bit of fun for a few minutes!!!
    Very cool, I need that number. I try to find things like that for DD. She is reading Disney books like a fiend. She loves the little "extras".

Howdy gang!

Back to sellin' suits and ties this afternoon/evenin', but at least I'll be outta' here in an hour or so...
    This may be part of why I haven't gotten peaceful about booking. I leave here, go do 5 days of LOTS of super long active days, come back straight to work, exhausted. maybe the tired factor is holding me back.

Just too tired to function well.

Just got rid of my trip ticker 'cause that trip is done...bummer...but it was one heckuva' trip!
    But, I may have a new one up sometime reasonably soon...we've been talkin' for a few months now about plannin' another one for my 50th b-day in October!!!
    See, I thought you all had already booked another one.

Smile Re: The RT Thread Part V

But, at least I've got my TDS job to nurse me through in between trips...that helps BIG TIME!

Also, amongst all the cool things about this trip, bein' there as a CM was definitely up there towards the top!
    OK, I am super jealous of ALL of you having that CM stuff that gets you cool stuff and great prices. But if it netted your family ONE cool experience, that is great.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyFromMD View Post
    I was hoping somebody would ask so that I wouldn't seen like the idiot, but here it goes. Is she just going to watch or is she actually in it.
    I believe, based on a previous post that she is IN the Olympics.

And if Gabe wants to share the event, we can all be extra excited-6 Degrees of Seperation.
    Not the name of city-too personal and such, but the events= maybe.

Okay, have a great morning all. I will come back after I get DD to the MIUL's and get my work day going. Bah, work, again, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

ER!!! Day is starting badly.

Customer came in. he is ON his cell phone. I offered to help him. I was ignored. I offered again. I was ignored. he proceeds to have a long and loud conversation about the activities at the club, the night before, THEN started yelling across the shop about ANYONE helping him.

Oh, Lord, Please let today improve, rapidly.

This guy immediately responded to DH's query about help, all the while ignoring my existence in this sphere.

That is SO irritating.

Like the CVS cashier who was on her cell phone while ringing me up. I asked her for a particular product, and she looked at me and asked "Was i speaking to you? Do NOT interrupt me"

Yes, I called a manager and complained hotly.

I so completely disagree with this dad, but it is his decision. I respect his thought on it, but REALLY, the kid deserves the trip.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/19...est=latestnews

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand, I (personally) feel like Disney makes more accommodation than any other park. And they go over and above in a lot of areas that other resorts and parks don't. On the other, if that is what is needed-okay.
    In the middle of those two is the space of the park and the other guests and segways CAN be worse than the motorized chairs or strollers, and add yet another traffic problem in already crowded and narrow paths. So, anyone else have a reason this is a plus or a negative?
    http://www.ktla.com/news/nationworld...,3538675.story
    I wish Disney would just give in already. I have heard the safety concerns but actually they have the same issues with the electric cart. Disney during multiple suits actually had Segway Tours and a Segway learn to drive in Innoventions. Disney management also uses Segways at Epcot. Since this has come to a head in court Disney is now going to pull their Segway tours. Many of our soldiers are given Segways after having limbs blow off. Disney requires these soldiers to check their Segways and get an Electric Cart. Other major theme parks allow Segways and have not had issues beyond what they have with the Carts.

Disney was a leader in accommodating guests with challenges however in the last couple years have lost a couple key cases in court beyond their fight with Segway. New accommodations are being made for those who visually impaired. While Disney allowed service dogs they did not have reasonable relief areas set up for those animals. They also did not provide kennel areas for dogs on most attractions that the dog could not go on the attraction so it required the guest to hand off their service dog to someone else in their party and ride attraction separate from guest watching dog. Other theme parks have kennel areas for service animals. Disney also lacked Braille map signage. Odd these guests for these other accommodations had to go to court too. I saw this past week the areas Disney has finally created for dog relief areas, just don't understand why this couldn't be done without guests going to court.

Basically I agree with the court that Disney shouldn't fight the progress that has been made to make life easier for those with physical challenges, notably our veterans since they seem to be the ones acquiring the Segways for disabilities at the fastest pace. I think Disney is fighting a battle that they will eventually loose with zoo's and other theme parks already accepting Segways as a device used for guests with disabilities. It is going to be difficult burden of proof that all these other facilities are that much different than Disney properties especially since Disney sold use for tours and for management ease of movement in Epcot. Just think they need to move forward.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    I believe, based on a previous post that she is IN the Olympics.

And if Gabe wants to share the event, we can all be extra excited-6 Degrees of Seperation.
    Not the name of city-too personal and such, but the events= maybe.
    My BFF daughter is Sarah. She left for London this past Monday for London to be in the Olympics in Pairs Rowing (not to be confused with pairs Sculling, something different). Sarah was a basketball whiz through high school and turned down scholarships for basketball in college. She didn't row until college and upon graduating college made the US Rowing team. This year she and her rowing partner unseated the long standing US Rowing teams best pair of rowers to win the Olympic trials in New Jersey. The coach prior was so unhappy with her and her partners decision to challenge the long seated rowing pair at the trials that he left Sarah and partner back in the US as the entire rest of the team went to the World Cup. The two of them received no coaching leading up to the Olympic trials. When Sarah won the trials there wasn't a celebration for her and her partner as they brought their boat into the dock. Sad.

I have known Sarah her entire life, born where I grew up, Mom much longer and can't be more proud of her determination and work ethic.

http://www.row2k.com/news/news.cfm?a...age=2&id=72692

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

My BFF daughter is Sarah. She left for London this past Monday for London to be in the Olympics in Pairs Rowing (not to be confused with pairs Sculling, something different). Sarah was a basketball whiz through high school and turned down scholarships for basketball in college. She didn't row until college and upon graduating college made the US Rowing team. This year she and her rowing partner unseated the long standing US Rowing teams best pair of rowers to win the Olympic trials in New Jersey. The coach prior was so unhappy with her and her partners decision to challenge the long seated rowing pair at the trials that he left Sarah and partner back in the US as the entire rest of the team went to the World Cup. The two of them received no coaching leading up to the Olympic trials. When Sarah won the trials there wasn't a celebration for her and her partner as they brought their boat into the dock. Sad.

I have known Sarah her entire life, born where I grew up, Mom much longer and can't be more proud of her determination and work ethic.

http://www.row2k.com/news/news.cfm?a...age=2&id=72692

That is beyond cool. WAY beyond cool.