Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1123 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 123623102310731113112111221123112411251133117312231623 ... LastLast
Results 16,831 to 16,845 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; OK gang... Time to go get some grub at the food-like court and get ready for my TDS closin' gig! Have a Magical, Chris and all...!!!...
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Re: The RT Thread Part V

OK gang...
    Time to go get some grub at the food-like court and get ready for my TDS closin' gig!

Have a Magical, Chris and all...!!!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    OK gang...
    Time to go get some grub at the food-like court and get ready for my TDS closin' gig!

Have a Magical, Chris and all...!!!

Have a good work time.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    [soapbox] While I support same gender marriage, this is America and Chick Fil A has every right to disagree with it. I can't see how boycotting them will do anything to help change their policy[/soapbox]
    At the College Union the Private Companies that have food venues in the food court area pay dearly to lease those spots. At her University about 35,000 total students and add in staff, lots of potential business. Chick has a long term lease. University a large, public, liberal University. The students pretty much have made that venue a ghost area. Will it change their opinion, not likely. Will it make Chick take a heavy loss considering the profit margin that should be in that prime location, likely. Students can't change a mind set of companies but they certainly can hurt them when it comes to their profit margin.

Another good example of boycotting is Bank of America and their policy they tried to implement for debit cards. So many people took their business and went elsewhere. BoA caved, but even in caving it didn't bring back all those customers.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Bummer.
    They're good but tend to be a little expensive, considering I can get .99 cent double cheeseburgers from Wendy's or McD's.
    Wendy's Yesterday, 2 cheeseburgers jr , 2 baked potatoes, 1 bacon cheeseburger jr. and a small frosty. $7.08.

Best bargain and the meat doesn't smell like a shoe.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

And the good news for those who have a car when they visit WDW, Red Robin is opening in Winter Garden.
    Close your eyes, can you just picture Lou sitting there enoying a burger with his son?

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And the good news for those who have a car when they visit WDW, Red Robin is opening in Winter Garden.
    Close your eyes, can you just picture Lou sitting there enoying a burger with his son?

We need a Red Robin here.

We have a Five Guys, but it is under a heavy boycott.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    I don't know how it all works, last time it was her daughter in laws maltese and I think mostly of the pups sold to friends or families from church, but the papers-no idea how that works.
    There are 493 breeds of dogs recognized by kennel clubs throughout the world. The American Kennel Club is the purebred pedigree here. Different breeders do it differently however either the breeder or the new owner submits the paperwork for the new pup that has come into the world. You can follow their lineage much like a family tree for humans for both the mother and the father. So when you submit the mom and dad's pedigree for the pup it continues the documentation (papers) that their heritage remains intact. Now if a buyer of a pup tries to submit a Maltese and a Schnauzer papers for a new pup they are rejected because the bloodline has been compromised for that litter. It can take decades and many generations of pups to introduce a new pedigree. Mixing a toy, gun dog and a terrier would likely not fly. Their breed temperaments are too different as is their hair and bone structure. Each pup could be very different in hair type, size along with temperament.

So if they are offering "papers" to the buyers of the pups, buyer beware. If they try to pass them off as AKC papered pups, I would have to assume that would be considered fraud.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyFromMD View Post
    America's Got Talent was amazing tonight.. There were at least 8 good acts, but only 4 can go thru.. great job by the producers.. looks like my favorite act, Eric & Olivia, aren't going to make it.. producers are getting killed by the judges and fans
    I got to see the Sand art guy live a couple of months ago... it was so great

I got to watch last night episode before tonight sometime
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yes. It is really a new thing here in the states and also not recognized in all states. The students at my DD's University are boycotting the Chick at their Student Union.
    I will not step foot in Chick by us.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Why is Five Guys being boycotted?
    Mckayla

Last night was another late night for me! Got to see Best Coast live... It was so great,not as good as the concert I went to two weeks ago but it was still great
    Mckayla

I love Red Robin. Slurp.

We have Five Guys here too, lots of counter fast food burger places pop'n up all the time. Sonic is just making her way here, my favorite is MeatHeads for counter service.

The boycott fizzled here, never really got off the ground. With the economy as bad as it is everyone seems to have a reason to want a discount and many have just withdrawn offers altogether. Target use to let Girl and Boy Scouts along with the Salvation outside their stores to solicit, then others started boycotting because they were denied. It became overwhelming so Target withdrew permission to all.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I will not step foot in Chick by us.
    To be honest I was not aware of Chick's believe path when they came to No. IL last fall. While it isn't close to my home, I still have not been back. So many other places up that way that like all kinds people, I'll give them my money instead. It is a beautiful thing, Chick has the freedom to say and practice as they wish.
    I get to do the same with my wallet.

Guess that is why I like WDW too, there come one come all.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Last night was another late night for me! Got to see Best Coast live... It was so great,not as good as the concert I went to two weeks ago but it was still great
    Woot! Big night for concerts last night.

Dunkin Donuts is trying out Flavor Radio. It has spiked their coffee sales 18% in short order. My mind drifted to Disney and their "smells" pump'd out. Great marketing.