Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1133 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 133633103310831123113111321133113411351143118312331633 ... LastLast
Results 16,981 to 16,995 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Keasmom There are some seriously weird news stories. Weird. http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...mpic-ceremony/ This makes me feel not so good about the Olympics. I do NOT want to see our ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    There are some seriously weird news stories.

Weird.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...mpic-ceremony/

This makes me feel not so good about the Olympics. I do NOT want to see our flag "dipped".
    Another example of sloppy reporting. It was decided that they would not dip it, it was never really considered. What was being discussed was how to use grace and not offend the queen all while not dipping the flag. Fox was quickly corrected by Reuters and yet the story had legs by then.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I seriously do not appreciate the VAST differences in the clothing for the mens team versus womens team.
    Marketing and it works. It just isn't Volleyball, look at what little girls and women wear for tennis vs. men.
    Running, the short little skirts. Heck look even how women bare their legs in a dress or skirt to go to church or a wedding and men are covered in pants or a suit. Mens bathing suits at the beach are long, almost to the knee, what do women wear?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Reckon some kids were not honest about their ability level?

At least your DD was there to help rescue them,
    She doesn't do a lot of guarding any more, she is more or less looks after the guards, when one goes in she runs to cover their zone or assists in medical interventions, checks in camps etc. She is a certified lifeguard trainer the last few years. DS manages the who mother load. Unfortunately while DD was covering for another lifeguard this even she had to go in a save a kid. Tad soggy when she got home. I learned this year to buy her Trek sandals that are waterproof. She has to have closed toe and a back to them so they can run.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    First day of work went well, passed all the tests they had, but all computer from 8am to 4:00pm so not much computer for this girl tonight. Can't wait to watch the Olympics with DH when he gets home from work. Now just resting & getting ready to stretch. Tomorrow brother in law surprise party! So early day prepping platter! Have a good night & good Saturday!
    Yay, glad it went well. I watched and loved the opening. Sarah will row in a few short hours. She drew a very difficult heat. Oy.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    OMG yi jianlian the guy holding the chinese fige was my next door nabour when he was a milwaukee buck wich was when i was 8 years old. i'm not making this up!
    How cool is that!

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    I guess hubby has already told you that we had a FANTASTIC trip to WDW.....everyone loved the new resort Art of Animation. It should be amazing once completed with Lion King and Little Mermaid.
    It has been a crazy week back at work since the trip - the memories that were made on this trip will be hard to beat.....oldest DD had what she called a magical 21st birthday that started with the trolly ride to the castle and the Dapper Dan's then the proposal and it just kept coming from there and ended with dinner at Ohana's with a view of wishes from the King's table.
    So happy for her.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

It took me a while with a few breaks and all, but, I Just finished watching the broadcast of the opening day ceremonies at Disneyland from 1955 again. How Magical...!!!
    Good gosh, I'm such a Disney geek...and LOVIN' IT...!!!!!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

I REALLY need to figure out a way to pull a "Lou"...LIVE the dream...!!!

And, on that note...
    Have a Magical...!!!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Sorry hon...
    Purposely avoided posts by you so as not to make other folks need to hurl...

Love you, sweetie...!

~ you know who

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I guess hubby has already told you that we had a FANTASTIC trip to WDW.....everyone loved the new resort Art of Animation. It should be amazing once completed with Lion King and Little Mermaid.
    It has been a crazy week back at work since the trip - the memories that were made on this trip will be hard to beat.....oldest DD had what she called a magical 21st birthday that started with the trolly ride to the castle and the Dapper Dan's then the proposal and it just kept coming from there and ended with dinner at Ohana's with a view of wishes from the King's table.

That sounds like a perfectly awesome b-day, and didn't it have a proposal as well?

Nice.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Another example of sloppy reporting. It was decided that they would not dip it, it was never really considered. What was being discussed was how to use grace and not offend the queen all while not dipping the flag. Fox was quickly corrected by Reuters and yet the story had legs by then.

There was a huge discussion on NPR and another news source I listen to at work, and the rather quick outrage, may have wiped that fast like. It was a hot intenet topic most of the day-discussion boards, sports talk.

Glad they didn't, and glad the ceremonies went without a hitch.

GREAT - now a discussion with DH and DS over why can't everyone go back to Florida - (this should be interesting) - The Carolyn trravel agency is back into business....along with the wedding planner for daughter's wedding....

The show 4 Weddings has a LOT of great ideas on low cost, homemade decorations that look fabulous. And really fun things for the reception. One couple had life sized cutouts of them selves made for guests to photo with, mardi Gras style masks to play with, and ice cream truck, all super low cost and every one loved them.

Hit me up if you need ideas, between DD and I we remember nearly 100% of every wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    She doesn't do a lot of guarding any more, she is more or less looks after the guards, when one goes in she runs to cover their zone or assists in medical interventions, checks in camps etc. She is a certified lifeguard trainer the last few years. DS manages the who mother load. Unfortunately while DD was covering for another lifeguard this even she had to go in a save a kid. Tad soggy when she got home. I learned this year to buy her Trek sandals that are waterproof. She has to have closed toe and a back to them so they can run.
    Wow, that is a lot of responsibility. Trek shoes? never heard of them.

glad you had a great first day at your new job.
    Can't wait for the Olympics myself - watching the opening night ceremony with DS...
    DD and I watched it together. The theatrics were good, and I loved the orchestra. Did not understand the nurse thing, but the nightmares? Well done, London, well done.

I LOVED the Queen "parachuting in" sequence. She is such a cheecky gal. Good on her for going along with that.

Our news was showing some clips of Prince Charles doing weather reports-he was hysterical. Glad he found a sense of humor.

Doing a final school uniform check today, need to order 2 skorts/ 1 skirt and another special day dress shirt.

The NIV, Study bible with center column references and foot notes is purchased and her name is engraved in silver.

Most of her supplies are already sorted into various notebooks and folders. ALL of that has to be finished today, and the house cleaned, uniforms ironed and underpinnings checked and into their place.

She has 16 pairs of shoes to start school with, it is the one thing they can wear whatever color, and a LOT of style. So, she expresses with shoes and necklaces.