Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1159 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 159659105911091149115711581159116011611169120912591659 ... LastLast
Results 17,371 to 17,385 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Keasmom Okay, we all know how thrilled I am to even be here. And how MUCH my DD is a gift, and a joy. Today, she and ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Okay, we all know how thrilled I am to even be here. And how MUCH my DD is a gift, and a joy. Today, she and I had to cheer each other up. It started raining, hard, with lightening and thunder around 7PM. That is not the bad part.

We were here, relaxing and getting ready to go back to DHS. Got there, chilled, took photos, checked the line for Fantasmic, 9PM was full, line forming for 1030PM. No worries CM says. Rain let's up, use our 920PM fast passes, go wait in line for Fantasmic. Wait, wait, wait, light drizzle, to light showers. No worries, says CM, show goes unless it is really bad.

Fast forward to 1040PM, after witing on line, waiting in amphitheater, waiting, waiting, wainting. Cancelled due to weather.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??????????????????

Could they not have decided that in the 2 hours prior, when we asked, when we waited??????

Talk about a major NOT HAPPY.

The 9PM went even though there was thunder, lightening, heavy rain. Ours DID NOT go, even though it was a light drizzle to light rain.

So not happy with that. Of course, everyone piled into RNRC and ToT, so we went and did Star Tours 3 times, back to back, had a burger and came back late, obviiously.

Really great CM at STours. Really Great. And all of the upgrades are awesome. Loved the Darth Vader version.

RNRC-amazing.

ToT-well, i didn't pee myself, and I didn't end up thinking I might die. Still hate it. lol
    I didn't go to Fantasmic either this past trip. I don't love that show enough to wait in line for hours or to pay to eat at a venue that I other wise wouldn't just to get in. Plus there is so much that is broken right now. So I gave her a pass this trip.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Sister arrived safely in Disney last night. Checked into Coronado Springs, hit DTD, and enjoyed an Earl of Sandwich. Today the madness of her CP checkin process begins. So, so happy for her.
    Hope she has the time of her life.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Glad y'all had a fun day.

Have seen some pics of the Chicago Pedway before. Some visually appealing, others not so much.
    Some are a bit ewe, near the some of the subway areas. Others were so dang beautiful. But we didn't know what we were doing and a tad risky to get lost or not being able to pretend we knew what we were doing.

It is such a cool system though, I want to understand it. May have to breakdown and actually take the tour.

Yikes! Glad y'all dodged that bullet.
    Hope nobody was seriously injured...or worse...
    It actually wound up being the Tour Boat vs the Water Taxi we use. Phew. I think they took 9 to the hospital but I don't think any were serious or worse.

On my last day/evening at DHS, I was heading back to the hotel after a mega downpour going to catch the ME. I was the only one on the bus. I was chatting with the bus driver, he was from where I grew up and I was not looking out at the rain or the road but at him. He went to turn a corner and lost control of the bus and slammed into the concrete road divider. Asked if I was OK, backed up about 10 feet and we continued on our merry 'ole way. Can you imagine if people were standing up on the bus?

It was actually the second thing that came to mind when I heard about the boat crash into the concrete wall. My own private crash at WDW.

Is that one of the Sara(h)'s?
    That is OUR Sarah, yes.

Glad to hear!
    Memories to last a lifetime.
    And she continues to have a blast. The Olympians have access to the VIP Lounge sponsored by Visa/Chase. Food by Chef Morimoto! Slurp. Here are their choices if they choose to drop in:

https://www.visaviplounge.com/chase/...P%20lounge.pdf

The stories they will have to tell for a lifetime.

Athletes were given various sunglasses from Oakley.

They are not allowed to go anywhere without those lanyards around their necks. Wonder when it is all over if their necks will feel nakie.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Woot busy life... not. I fall asleep today in band because I have not gotten home before 1130 every night so far this week. So happy to be home tonight
    Ahhh but beats being bored. Have fun.

Ew I dislike the basketball team only because of the evil dishearting man
    Giggle, you Ohio folk. Still not over it yet huh?

I would die if I was her
    It seems she is loving every single moment, well minus one, but ya, having a wonderful time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post

It is hysterical how many Brits are in the parks, WOW, London must nearly be empty of permanent residents. One lady today was being thankful for the heat and humidity, she said it's been a very cold summer. Poor thing was wilted an hour later at DHS and looking for where to find some coolness.

My girlfriend, her DH and 3 other spawn are renting someones apartment for 3 weeks. The owners of the apartment got the heck out of London for the duration of the Olympics. What my friend paid for the apartment they leasors were able to take a very nice vacation away from the crazies.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

caption: Ryan Lochte Loves me.

Me...he should be so lucky and what would his mother say? Giggle.
    Who is that in the picture?

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

It seems she is loving every single moment, well minus one, but ya, having a wonderful time.
    Sounds like it. What an experience.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Hope she has the time of her life.
    I talked to her a lot yesterday and she was a bit homesick for the better part of the day, which really surprised me because she likes to be 100% independent. But she got no sleep at all at Coronado the previous night and then was out the door super early to get to Vista. Had problems the rest of the day- the machine that prints out the housing IDs broke as hers was printing, so all of her roomies went on to Casting and she got stuck back at Vista while it was fixed. Finally off to casting- copy machine they were using to copy her birth certificate/etc broke, finger print machine broke, and some other machine started acting funny all as it was her turn. Tired, cranky, and hungry, she was finally out of there something like 4+ hours later. Says she never wants to see the Casting building again.

Got to Patterson to her apartment finally, all of her roomies had already been there for a few hours. She is happy with her place and roomies, so that is good. She called me again at the end of the night to say, "I just wanted to let you know that I feel a lot better now and I think I'll probably like it here". Lol, think she was just a bit overwhelmed at first.

She is a bit worried about the schedule they gave her, all of her friends have their schedules for when to start work...hers is blank in that portion. Similar thing happened to me on my CP, only for me to be woken up from a phone call from Epcot asking why I haven't reported for my first day of work. Told her she should probably call to find out what's going on so she avoids that scenario, so hopefully she'll have more info soon.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney