Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1164 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 164664106411141154116211631164116511661174121412641664 ... LastLast
Results 17,446 to 17,460 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Keasmom We had the best Mousekeeper ever, she made amazing towel art-every single day. I left a tip, she left towel art and a LOT of coffee. ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    We had the best Mousekeeper ever, she made amazing towel art-every single day. I left a tip, she left towel art and a LOT of coffee.

Ncie, nice lady.
    I so love a good Mousekeeper- so fun to come back to the room at the end of the day with surprises waiting. We have had some pretty awesome ones- setting up our plushes with the remote and the TV on or making them look as though they are playing a card game. One year on Halloween our Mousekeeper took out the ironing board, threw a sheet over it and made it out to look like a ghost.

We've had a few times where we've returned to the room with no towel animals, so we'll write a nice note asking for some always beginning with "Dear Mousekeeper" and ending with "Have a magical day!" Funniest time was on our last trip when we returned back to the room to find a return note reading "Dear Mickey's guests, I am new to this kingdom and have not yet learned how to make towels animals, but I will search for some for you and try to deliver them tomorrow." Lol, they are just great.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Overall, great experience.

Did I post I rode Expedition Everest?

Cause, I DID and I didn't die. Loved it actually, and did it twice. Wished we could have done that one again.
    Glad you liked it, and glad that you didn't die, lol. Did you eat anything that was exceptionally yummy?
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    We're doing Via Napoli and Boma, both of which we've been to before. Liberty Tree Tavern, Biergarten, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Turf Club, Mama Melrose's, and San Angel Inn will all be new for us.

We have two days with no ADR's booked, so we're thinking about possibly hitting Kona and Yak n Yeti...both very yummy places that we enjoy and not terribly pricey to pay out of pocket for.
    Did Boma on this last trip, and have done Biergarten on some past ones and enjoyed it, but have yet to do any of the others you mentioned. Although everyone else in our group seemed to enjoy it, I was not all that pleased with Boma. For some reason, nothing just really gave me a "wow!"...maybe I was just expecting too much?
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

And, kinda' on that same note as well, we also ate at Whispering Canyon at WL, which was pretty darn great BTW! The only reason I say "kinda' on that same note" is because of the somewhat similar lobbies and such.
    Was SOOO very much more impressed with WL than AKL. AKL is cool and fun, but WL just overall blows it away IMO!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Glad you liked it, and glad that you didn't die, lol. Did you eat anything that was exceptionally yummy?

Chocolate Mousse cake at Epcot, stands out as super fabulous.

The Beef Po'Boy at the POFQ resort court was SO amazing. But we were on the quick service plan-because we could not get decent ressies anywhere (HIGH attendance due to Olympics?). So mostly all fast service. Casey's was awesome-the fries, omgosh the fries.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

We saw TONS of groups being walked thru various parks on their training, dressed up, stopping to learn about different areas. I felt bad for the gals wearing high heels out there, but they all looked excited.
    I so wish I could have done the CP!
    It came out the year after I graduated HS, and I never went to college anyway...straight to work for an architectural firm part time while still in HS and then right into full time with them after graduation...!
    ~ you know who

We did eat a meal at Season's in Epcot, OMGosh that Oak Grilled chicken and fried rice was fabulous.

So I think for all quick service we ate really, really well, and the meals were all good.

We tried a walk up at Le Celleir-booked full the entire time, same with Crystal Palace after we got there.

There were a LOT of folks escaping England, and a whole lot of folks from up north-like they all decided to escape the city heat to WDW. So, long lines everywhere and the restaurants were full. Open til close-I don't remember ever seeing Crystal Palace that full til that late.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    And, kinda' on that same note as well, we also ate at Whispering Canyon at WL, which was pretty darn great BTW! The only reason I say "kinda' on that same note" is because of the somewhat similar lobbies and such.
    Was SOOO very much more impressed with WL than AKL. AKL is cool and fun, but WL just overall blows it away IMO!
    Bummer that you didn't really love Boma...I think the dessert bar there is soooo fantastic.

But I do agree with you about the WL, it's amazing. Would love to stay there one day. And Whispering Canyon is one of my favorite restaurants on property- that is definitely my style of comfort food.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

The Beef Po'Boy at the POFQ resort court was SO amazing. But we were on the quick service plan-because we could not get decent ressies anywhere (HIGH attendance due to Olympics?). So mostly all fast service. Casey's was awesome-the fries, omgosh the fries.
    Hmm, will have to look out for the chocolate mousse cake.

I enjoy the food courts at both French Quarter and Riverside. Lots of variety and very tasty. It's nice to come across really great counter service options to use for the QS DDP so you're not eating a burger every day. One of the best I've found so far is the Wolfgang Puck QS option in DTD. Hoping to try out the Flame Tree BBQ at AK on this next trip.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

All that sounds really yummy!
    On our last day in the parks DW realized we hadn't had a Casey's dog the whole time we were there, so we made an unscheduled hop over to MK just for that...Yum-o-rama!
    ~ you know who

Hmm, will have to look out for the chocolate mousse cake.

I enjoy the food courts at both French Quarter and Riverside. Lots of variety and very tasty. It's nice to come across really great counter service options to use for the QS DDP so you're not eating a burger every day. One of the best I've found so far is the Wolfgang Puck QS option in DTD. Hoping to try out the Flame Tree BBQ at AK on this next trip.
    Flame Tree is great, you should love it!
    I had the ribs and they were finger-lickin' delicious...!
    ~ you know who

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58869418@N08/5814660444/

This was the only photo I could find of exactly the Epcot one.

A manager was explaining that Disney hired a WHOLE bunch of top chefs to come in and start redesigning menues and creating signature items for each area. Chocolate mousse cake is supposed to be only at Epcot, in that format.

It was so so good. And only $3.99, which is quite cheap.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 08-10-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Bummer that you didn't really love Boma...I think the dessert bar there is soooo fantastic.

But I do agree with you about the WL, it's amazing. Would love to stay there one day. And Whispering Canyon is one of my favorite restaurants on property- that is definitely my style of comfort food.
    Yea, I can't exactly pinpoint it, but nothing just really stood out to me. Even the the carving station that I was sooo very much looking forward to, the meat just didn't seem to be seasoned right and was so bland to me.
    But, like I said everyone else seemed to think it was pretty good.
    I do have to be honest though, I did fill up enough (trying desperately to find things to my liking) that I didn't have much room left for dessert, although I did stuff a coupla' tastes of a few that were pretty darn good.
    ~ you know who

OK, gang...
    Time to throw down some grub.
    Hope to be back in a bit...
    ~ you know who

hahaha, I don't do coasters, they make me panic, and as low as my blood pressure is, a panic attack can shoot it really high. I was so afraid, I mad DD circle the locations of the defribs closest to us. lol. Silly, but I was that frightened. I had to talk myself down from panic, and tell myself Disneys safety record is great, etc, then I told myself to enjoy the experience.

Seemed to work, I loved it.