Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1167 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 167667106711171157116511661167116811691177121712671667 ... LastLast
Results 17,491 to 17,505 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by zeusywoo DD always wears flip flogs & gets blisters, so bad the one time I needed to get bandaids as poor feet were bleeding. Maybe it is ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    DD always wears flip flogs & gets blisters, so bad the one time I needed to get bandaids as poor feet were bleeding.
    Maybe it is because I walk a great deal everyday or that I stick with footware that I have purchased year after year. I mostly walk in my slip on style Sketchers and wear these mainly in the parks. I purchase a new pair whenever I am going to Disney. I also bring my MaryJane Croc's and my sandals are Merrell's slides with a back. If there is a sandal I could recommend to the world that isn't a fashion statement for men or women but is the most comfortable footware is the Keen sandal shoe. They were designed for summer hiking and sold mostly in outdoor type stores like REI. They are closed at the toe and heel, the rest is open like a sandal. Inside sole is a slice of heaven, arch support and mega cushion. Adult sandals run around $129-159 and last forever and are also waterproof a bonus for Disney storms.

I wouldn't make it through the gate of any park at Disney in a pair of flip flops. There is a reason why when you look down at any CM's foot they are well outfitted. Even their lifeguards are not in flip flops.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    driving home from work yesterday, every time I hit a slight bump I heard a rattle from under car. Today while bringing my sister to work, the same thing but it got worse.

Turns out my muffler clamps broke and the muffler was hitting the road. :9

called work to say I wasn't coming in and then called AAA to have it towed to where my mechanic moved to (his Midas closed down). I didn't want to take a chance oh having the muffler fall off.

got an estimate for it, $620!, I told him I only have $500.

He shopped around for cheaper parts and found them, new estimate $497 , but I had to wait for 4 hours for them to get there.

Parts arrived late and I had to wait for a tech to finally fix parts.

Drove out of garage 8 hours later @ 6:00pm, but hey, I saved $120
    Oh Brian how sad. {{{Hugs}}}

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    We left a tip first day for hoping but forgot the note. Gee.
    I also tip everyday, mainly 'cause I know I don't have the same mousekeeper everyday. I leave $5 a day for 2 people. I have always received extra towels the next day, new soap and sundries. Towel animals do vary. Some trips many other trips a few.

I have a friend who had a DD in the college program 2 years ago. She had an electric cart run over her foot at Fantasmic and she spent the duration of her CP in the laundry sitting down making towel creatures in volume for the deluxe resorts. Her DD could not wait to go home.

Well I've only made it a few pages into the posts going backwards and haven't gotten to Chris' posts.
    Glad you are back but sorry too. Hopefully tomorrow I can catch up some more.

Meanwhile I am still bummed to hear that the Oreo bon bons are now gone from Cafe May. Oh Pooh!
    Likely never to get over that.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Well Gabe it diden't show up. Did it show up on your screen? Can you tell me what it was?

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

The weekend is here and two days off!

Then in work Monday, off Tuesday & Wednesday followed by in work Thursday & Saturday... Not a bad week!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

No peace for the wicked though - laundry to sort!

TTFN
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh Dear Lord that had to be the best CS we had this trip. Gnawing on the melt in your mouth ribs while sitting on the porch looking over the lake with Everest in the background. What a wonderful meal.

We looked at the menu, DD was not hungry yet and so, we just got a cold drink. I did notice large number of guests eating their homemade sandwiches or tupperware dish salads at the tables there, and people with food from there sitting around the general area.

Makes it hard to eat when there is no table, and toddlers are running all around knocking things over. We headed away from the area. But I think park attendance was super high during our trip. Lines were long everywhere, it was a wait for nearly everything, and lines, lines, lines.

Still, had a great time. Just used some wisdom to skip past a lot of the stuff.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

It has rained here, monsoon style, every day since last Saturday after we left to head down to WDW, and today is starting with a thunderstorm. Hope it is a big nasty one, with lots of thunder.

I am trying to get a news site to load so I can see video of the Ryan speech, but three different sites have "unusually high traffic" and are not responding.

Guess folks don't know who Ryan is, and are trying to figure it out. I have always liked him for his fiscal conservation. We'll see about the rest.

Our city has had mass mayhem of late. In three days we have had 4 traffic deaths and a shooting resulting in three dead, one injured at a "dancer" bar. That is aside from the robberies, burglaries and general small crimes wave.

I was thinking how safe I felt on Disney property, could have slept without the flip latch and deadbolt, however, at home I put a deadbolt on every door, and safety locks and flip latches. HMMMMM. Guess I don't feel as safe here as I do there among 10's of thousands of strangers.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

This is what i did today. It was awesome!http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...9bb2963f4.html

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Very cool, Nicholas!
    No matter what, never forget that generation and what they did for this country.
    But, at the same time, never forget what those who served in the other conflicts before and after, also sacrificed.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Just ckeckin' in gang, but it's time for me to check right back out...
    Between 2 12+ hour shifts the last coupla' days, plus everything else that's goin' on around here lately, I'm pretty much churned into butter. Plus, I'm the open-close Mgr. at TDS tomorrow, so I gotta' get some sleep so I can be at my most Magical. I kinda' pride myself on that...!

Hope to talk to ya' soon, and hope you're all well, gang!

Have a Magical...!!!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who