Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1333 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 33383312331283132313311332133313341335134313831433 ... LastLast
Results 19,981 to 19,995 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Wow Billie of Green Day certainly had a meltdown on stage. Understand he is resting comfortably in rehab. At least he clarified he isn't Justin Bieber. No kidding, like it ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Wow Billie of Green Day certainly had a meltdown on stage. Understand he is resting comfortably in rehab.
    At least he clarified he isn't Justin Bieber. No kidding, like it or not his career is going better than yours.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

My favorite local news station, male anchor is in suit jacket, shirt tie. No pants because of leg injury.

Sports commentator in a sling.

Interesting morning.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

No more Google for Iran.

40 hurt after 2,000 people brawl at Chinese Apple factory and causes a riot where IPhone is manufactured. Media is reporting 10 dead but the factory is denying. Saying 5000 police officers were at the factory where 80,000 people work.

Alligator escapes in cargo hold of airplane. Surprise to luggage handlers.

Flight attendant forgets she has gun in her luggage. Police officer unloading gun shoots it instead and bullet goes into TSA break room.

Stupid guest at zoo jumps off monorail into Tiger exhibit because he wanted to be one with the animals.
    And he lived. Will be arrested for trespassing when he is able to leave hospital. Tiger who had an issue with stupid human in his habitat was not injured.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    It is hard to compare regions. Salaries are not the sticking point lately more benefits. And that would be the Symphony sticking point. But an hourly wage differs so much from regions as does the cost of living. Homes and taxes are so much cheaper down south vs here. Here cheaper than East or West Coast. My property taxes in my tiny Hamlet are $6000. Go North to WI much cheaper. My Dad was a builder for the Sears tower, I would worry if they rolled in any old dude from the street to construct that puppy. Skilled labor is needed. In a heart beat any of his workers would have turned his tushie in if he dared to short-cut approved methods and the workers would have walked with Union support for safe practices. My childhood friend lost her Dad when the Arena was being built across from Ohare. They short-cut the roof trusses and the whole thing came down on the workers below. Just because labor is cheap doesn't mean they have a clue as to what they are doing.

True. The company that left requires a technical degree, and 5 years experience to get the job, but his Florida location had no union. So, he moved where he wouldn't have the union shut downs. Smart. Sadly, none of the construction industry gives a phooey about quality anymore.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Thousands of Stockholmers in Sweden protested in the streets this weekend. A new prohibits dancing in bars without a special licence.

The law being protested states that certain bars without the license can be fined by authorities if police were to catch anyone engaged "in the act of dancing."

Stupid guest at zoo jumps off monorail into Tiger exhibit because he wanted to be one with the animals.
    And he lived. Will be arrested for trespassing when he is able to leave hospital. Tiger who had an issue with stupid human in his habitat was not injured.

And the man who jumped in said he wanted to be "one with the tiger" and afterwards said he had no regrets.

Wow Billie of Green Day certainly had a meltdown on stage. Understand he is resting comfortably in rehab.
    At least he clarified he isn't Justin Bieber. No kidding, like it or not his career is going better than yours.

That is sad, I LOVE Green Day and don't like Beiber at all. Even DD has decided Beiber is an idiot who runs his mouth about things he knows nothing of.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    True. The company that left requires a technical degree, and 5 years experience to get the job, but his Florida location had no union.
    Time will tell over the long run if he will put out a quality product or not, especially when the economy picks up. Desperation will often get people to "take" abuse they normally would not and put up with tyrants. We just had a company that relocated south and just left their office here. They just closed the plant and brought all the equipment back up here due to the lack of skilled labor available. Sometime it just backfires.

So, he moved where he wouldn't have the union shut downs. Smart. Sadly, none of the construction industry gives a phooey about quality anymore.
    My Dad is 84 years old and was in his union and then his employees in same union since he was 28. His union never went on strike. It is incredibly rare for trades to strike in this region, likely because the employers and workers have a nice balance of demands, they tend to share the wealth. WDW rarely shuts down and most of their workers are union. And even the Chicago teachers strike was the first one in 25 years, that is a long time.

I know a lot of people in construction up here. I so disagree that none of the construction industry cares about quality construction. Union or non union there are some fantastic homes that are quality up here. Our buildings in Chicago are amazing. Where I see the problems are the slip shot builders bringing in Chinese wall board and other products and importing illegal eastern block workers on tourist visas. We see that happening in larger housing developments. Profit margins are high and ultimately the consumer gets what they are paying for and have little pity for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    That is sad, I LOVE Green Day and don't like Beiber at all. Even DD has decided Beiber is an idiot who runs his mouth about things he knows nothing of.
    Well after this weekend Green Day with his typical horrible foul language made Bieber look like a Saint and a class act. His onstage, during performance meltdown is online now and on the news. Not a fan of the Bieb however I can't say I've ever seen him act out like this dude. Not something I'd love to pay to see.

My Dad is 84 years old and was in his union and then his employees in same union since he was 28. His union never went on strike. It is incredibly rare for trades to strike in this region, likely because the employers and workers have a nice balance of demands, they tend to share the wealth. WDW rarely shuts down and most of their workers are union. And even the Chicago teachers strike was the first one in 25 years, that is a long time.

I know a lot of people in construction up here. I so disagree that none of the construction industry cares about quality construction. Union or non union there are some fantastic homes that are quality up here. Our buildings in Chicago are amazing. Where I see the problems are the slip shot builders bringing in Chinese wall board and other products and importing illegal eastern block workers on tourist visas. We see that happening in larger housing developments. Profit margins are high and ultimately the consumer gets what they are paying for and have little pity for them.
    Well, down here all the construction sites are covered with day laborers and the contractors always want the cheapest possible. Always. ICE could stay busy for months. I wouldn't buy a house from any of them. And I surely wouldn't get my roof done by any of them.
    But the dollar is the bottom line in a tight economy and quality be hanged. Here is a related story:

KB homeowners recruiting help in fight with homebuilder

Sub standard labor.

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator

And did you eat well Brian?
    very well

2nd wedding was better food and better playlist for music.

right after the wedding party was introduced, they all got together and did the "Thriller" dance.
    the bride wore "Michael's" glove, it was really a hoot.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator