Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1494 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 49499413941444148414921493149414951496150415441594 ... LastLast
Results 22,396 to 22,410 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by wallfan329 I can not wait for Disney. I get to meet up with my best friend Kayla (she is a Management Intern at AoA), Lou, Matt Hochberg, ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I can not wait for Disney. I get to meet up with my best friend Kayla (she is a Management Intern at AoA), Lou, Matt Hochberg, Mike Scopa, Mike Newell, and Len Testa.
    I'd like to meet them all!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Well, according to sister, the new Test Track is a big giant disappointment. Really irked to hear that. Her and I tend to share opinions on things when it comes to Disney, so I will be interested to see what it's like in two weeks.

Wonder how it will go over with others.
    Yep, I'm hearing that too. Hearing it is drawn out, prep before the actual ride and drawn out after the ride. Even seeing your picture after the ride is a process and a maze to get out. Wonder if there is a way to opt out of some of the stuff after you do that once or twice. Haven't heard bad things about the actual ride though, but hearing it was mostly interior visual design changes more than experience changes.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I believe she said they were going to do some soft opening starting within the next few days. She was able to go on it yesterday for the cast preview. Said the queue was completely gutted and is totally different with all of the props gone from it and now you just watch a tv screen. She also said there are not many props left in the ride, it was all converted over to tv's. Just passing on info that I heard, I certainly don't want to make others think its not a great ride, that was just her opinion. Sounds like it may be lacking some theming. She also said the ride wasn't running reliably, which is Test Track's usual behavior. Maybe that had something to do with her disappointment (not sure) but you would think the maintenace and operating issues would've been corrected in the long rehab.
    See that was the problem with Space Mountain rehab. They made the queue better but the ride remained unreliable. If they take Splash down for as long as they are, I hope it comes out on the other side more reliable with everything working, that would be novelty.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Howdy gang!

Crazy-good and crazy-crazy week...!
    Hope you're all doin' well and had a Magical Thanksgiving!
    We had a fabulous Thanksgiving day off yesterday at my folks with all the family, although I did spend a good portion of the day sketching on the Dubai project. Met with the partner this morning, came in to bs, had a mid-shift at TDS, and am now closin' bs.
    Well at least for once you were able to join your family at your folks for a celebration. Nice to have a day off for once. My DH had Thanksgiving Day off too. He went to work today so he'll get paid twice for today but Wed. night and Thursday were the only days he really had time to spend with my DD while home on break. Sad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Black (Magical ) Friday is just becoming, more and more, one of those days that just makes us, in this country, look even more messed up than a lot of the rest of the world already thinks we are.
    I agree. It also shows how owners can manipulate the heck out of retail employees. I've pretty much accepted Friday madness, but I believe 5am on Friday was stupid enough. Irked by the 12 am Friday morning mall openings but even more at the Thanksgiving 8 and 9 pm evening openings. If I hear one more persons snarky comment of 'if they don't like it quit and find another job' I'm goin'n wanta smack 'em.

mkcoughlan is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Haha OK... I got my MK map out, did you do the Tiki Room, or the Liberty Square Riverboat? Or the Carrousel FL?
    Yep, yes, and mhmm did all of those first time doing the Tiki Room, it was OK idk if i would go back but as i told you we did EVERYTHING. LOL to bad im leaving today bye bye Disney World
    nicholas likes this.
    “What ever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.”

"We allow no geniuses around our Studio."

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”

"Why be a governor or senator when you can be king of Disneyland?"

-Walt Disney

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yep, that is how it is with my DH one brothers family. Unfortunately my DH has two brothers and those two brothers are married to two sisters. I just avoid it whenever possible. Too old for the nutty. At my FIL funeral his brothers two sons, 17 and 12 were filling glasses of pop with food, salt pepper, flowers and crawling under tables between guests feet. I'd would have been mortified if my kids did anything like that. My kids actually left their cousins and came by us.
    17 and 12... I picture like 4 year old doing that

Well at Band Camp we fill glassed with food and stuff and then we ask the basketball game to drink it.... Oh man things we do
    nicholas likes this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

I'd like to meet them all!
    You can fit in my suitcase
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Lots and lots of Dragon Hype. This is their best kept secret in a long while and funny how Disney finally learned how to Work social media.

Disney's Elusive Dragon
    How did I miss that you posted this.. Man I really need to start reading up on all this instead of just Random Thoughts
    Mckayla

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by mkcoughlan View Post
    Yep, yes, and mhmm did all of those first time doing the Tiki Room, it was OK idk if i would go back but as i told you we did EVERYTHING. LOL to bad im leaving today bye bye Disney World
    OK, in all fairaness there are only 44 rides in WDW, and some people like to do the kid rides and I don't. One last thing you didn't do everything because you have to eat eveywhere to do everything. I'm sorry if i'm trying too hard but it's been known for a long time that you just can't do everything in one trip.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Took the boys to the zoo today. They were wild. Really working on being in self control when not on medication. It is a slow and stressful process.

Something just blew into town. Allergies are bothering me.

Someone built a fire in the fireplace and it doesn't smell too good.

mkcoughlan is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    OK, in all fairaness there are only 44 rides in WDW, and some people like to do the kid rides and I don't. One last thing you didn't do everything because you have to eat eveywhere to do everything. I'm sorry if i'm trying too hard but it's been known for a long time that you just can't do everything in one trip.

What i really mean is what we wanted to do (so no kiddie rides execpet for alladin cuas for some reason my siste decided she wanted to do it) so not everything but everything i wouldnt be bored out of our minds doing and NOoT including resruantsrestaurants lol i think you get what i meant.
    “What ever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.”

"We allow no geniuses around our Studio."

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”

"Why be a governor or senator when you can be king of Disneyland?"

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    You can fit in my suitcase
    Awe thanks!
    nicholas likes this.