Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1616 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 61611161516156616061614161516161617161816261666 ... LastLast
Results 24,226 to 24,240 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by i-neighborhood Am I becoming Disneytized? Yes, you are becoming one of us. Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen Good evening everyone! Or morning/afternoon, depending on where you are! Australia ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Am I becoming Disneytized?
    Yes, you are becoming one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Good evening everyone! Or morning/afternoon, depending on where you are!

Australia Day was pretty good. Went to the beach for a bit, weather was great. It was a beautiful 25C (77F), walked down the jetty again and took a few photos, then we went for an ice cream! So good!! We finally started getting my study ready. We put the desk together that I've had since Christmas, I've transferred most of my novels over to my bigger bookcase (still have 3 more boxes of books to put away). Tomorrow we will put together my desk chair (flat pack from Ikea), and I'll start displaying my Disney stuff, as well as posters, and canvases etc I' also need to put up a few more wedding and honeymoon photos!
    Ice Cream, 77 degrees, who could ask for more out of a holiday. We have ice falling out of the sky at the moment.

IKEA has a great deal of my money. We furnished my DS college apartment with IKEA, DD's dorm room has book shelves, living room chair, ottoman, cubbie night stand, end table. My DD room here has an 8 foot tall, 14 ft. long wall system, best thing we ever bought for her small room.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post

Amen. What happened to fixing things the right way the first time. Oy
    The Ghost of Disney Past.

Maelstrom is awful. The ceiling while you are waiting in the queue looks rotted and like its gonna come falling down at any second.
    And you wonder how OSHA and Board of Health allows that to stay as it is, and for as long as it has been that way.
    I think that is the theme of the whole FLE. Not really that much to do, but it does look nice.
    FLE begs for a glass a wine to tootle around with at night and watch Wishes. Maybe that is why they decided to offer liquor in the new area, not much else to do.

I miss Toontown also. Storybook did turn out nice though.
    There were so many different areas of Toon that I have good memories of since they remodeled it frequently.
    The stage shows meant for the tiny, the little kids house facades, Minnie and Mickey's houses, the squirting bush maze, The 3 story playground, the petting zoo, little climbing playground, Donalds Boat.

So much for the little to get out of their strollers, run around and blow off some energy. Storybook, beyond the splash area and Dumbo queue really doesn't offer the freedom run the way that Toon did. Good memories.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    The rocks are working. I freaked out when I notice that last month
    I'm so excited to hear that. I missed the falling rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I painted quite a bit today. Except that the ceiling paint makes me itch so that wasn't good. Only have a little bit more and the duplex is ready to rent. Carpet gets replaced this week too.
    The duplex with or without the dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I do not remember if I posted this or not so I am posting it anyways
    Attachment 5309
    Hmmm...The ones you posted before was the Belle dress and a majestic blue. Is this the blue or choice 3?
    Pretty!

I was just there this past week but I still can't tell its a new track but I do notice the new paint and some other trivial things with the hot springs. It will be interesting to see the new Queue but I didn't see any work but then I did have a bit of tunnel vision and it was night. That falling rock sat there for the longest time with no motion, its about time they removed it. I had hoped the new track would bring some added thrill, not, but its still fun as always.
    Thunder is one of my favorite rides. Memories too, my DDs first real coaster smooshed between my Mom and me, couldn't tell which one was more in shock, DD grabbed onto my, lets say chestage and held on for dear life. When the ride stopped I thought she was going to burst into tears. Instead asked if we could go on again.

A lot of people lost their houses during the Great Depression. These people ended up in shanty towns, which were also called Hoovervilles after the name of the president(Herbert Hoover).
    Huh, and from that came Hootersville? My Grandparents, with 12 kids lost their house during the depression. First they split up all the kids between relatives until my Great Aunt, a Nun arranged for them to get a house in Indiana. Actually a nicer home. Sometimes things work out better, Aunt put them in Catholic Schools too which was the proper thing to do back then if you were Catholic. I as a kid wasn't thrilled, we had wicked Nuns.

Well, Tampa celebrated the rape and pillage of the city today in memory of the menacing pirate Gaspar, so a four day event spread over different days. Last week was the "Children's Gasparilla Parade". Today, Saturday, was the regular Gasparilla Parade, and then in about a week there will be the Gasparilla Night Parade in Ybor City (cigar city) part of Tampa. I forgot to mention that Friday was the mock landing of the pirates and take over of the city where the Krewe goes to the Mayors office and takes the mayor hostage.

So we walked down and watched the parade (only because of my convenient locale) and got a few beads waved at the pirates and other themed floats and then high tailed it back home.

Attachment 5310
    That sounded like a good time. I spent a month a year for about 7 years in St. Pete in the spring, before that we were in the Ft. Lauderdale. My Dad loved to rip us out of school. I followed in Dad's footsteps ripping my kids out of school too, just I took them to Disney instead.

There were once restrictions concerning showing a toilet on TV.
    Interesting, never thought about that they were missing. Seen plenty now. Actually I wish some of the restrictions would come back, there are some real uncomfortable things now a days on commercials for mixed company. That isn't even addressing some of what is introduced during TV shows.

Oh- my son got a "new" truck. His current car is older than he is so he is happy it was "born" after him! Bright red Dodge Ram Truck. He will have to get a job to help pay for gas!
    So happy for your DS. And a pick up woot! Red no less. I was happy for my kids when they got their first cars, we lucked out on both of them, older but each only had about 40K on them, no rust, no dings.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Morning everyone! So apparently i will be staying at WDW All Star Movie....... Time share went bye bye apparently. Oh well still fun times. Trip was bumped from september to October so I will be able to see MNSSHP and F n W. YAY!
    Awe, that is too bad. But it will be fun staying onsight especially if the rfid stuff kicks in at all by then. When will you be married? You should like the Halloween Party. And you will be there for Food and Wine at Epcot too!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Don't Eat That!

Oh no. No, no, no, no! Ewww NO! Just NO!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Gabe! The spider pictures! NOOOOOOOOOO!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Oh no. No, no, no, no! Ewww NO! Just NO!
    I am a germaphobe, I cringed when I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Gabe! The spider pictures! NOOOOOOOOOO!
    I had originally looked up a Huntsman when Sera said she couldn't do laundry because of the Huntsman on the window. Nope, I wouldn't have done laundry either, I would have likely left the house.

i-neighborhood Guest

I never have seen this on t.v. since I was young. What happened to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I want to watch it with my son and have a good laugh.

I have it on DVD, we got it off Amazon a while back. Not one of my favorites. I have seen it for rent on Netflix too.

I <3 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! Richard Sherman said that he and Robert were still under contract with the Disney company when Chitty came along and the Disney company gave them permission to do the music for the film. He said that's why many people assume that Chitty is a Disney film (that and **** van Dyke starring in the film).

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

I think the NFC is going to win the Pro Bowl, it's 62-35 with less than 2 minutes left.

(that and **** van Dyke starring in the film).
    And that's why I wont call my son **** LOL
    HauntedGabe likes this.

I think the NFC is going to win the Pro Bowl, it's 62-35 with less than 2 minutes left.
    It would be fine if both teams got about the same amount of points, but it's always a blow out.

I never have seen this on t.v. since I was young. What happened to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I want to watch it with my son and have a good laugh.

I think it's a pretty good movie. I only saw it once but it wasn't all that long ago.

Watch his ears as he yawns at the beginning.

I have not been a fan of the Pro Bowl for years. They managed to wreck it. If it went away I would not be sad.