Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 333 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 2332833233313323333343353433834338331333 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Doin' an open to close at TDS tomorrow. Only 11a-7p on Sunday....
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

re: The RT Thread Part V

Doin' an open to close at TDS tomorrow.
    Only 11a-7p on Sunday.

The malted adult beverage tastes REALLY good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    The corporate entity understands that this month is usually FULL of people returning whatever they can for cash, most stores don't hold it against the managers.

When I worked at JCPenneys, the manager there always told us that during January, we had to refund (at sale price) an items brought back in, anything not of a Penney's brand-manager came over and approved a refund of sale price on a like item from the store.

Never knew that folks would even try that-returning where it wasn't purchased, but lots did, and got nasty if it took too long.
    1. Yes and no...not so much. We have goals set with referrence to LY (Last Year) and an expectation that we will also best those LY KPI's (stats). We are expected to convert a return into an exchange as often as possible, also, and the buck stops with the Manager who is Sales Manager for that shift.

2. The merchandise was purchased at a Disney Store, just not ours.
    We would NEVER return merch. from another retailer to our Store. If it's not recognized by our system, we're not takin' it. We're kinda' a specialty place. We are also required to take online returns that also count against the retail location they are returned to.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Are CM's at TDS tied to bonus $$$ like some CM's at WDW are?
    Only the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manager get them. The Lead Managers (of which I am one of 2) do not. The Leads used to, but that ended several months before I moved into the position.

Schwans Peppered bacon is the absolute best .
    OHHHHH MYYYYYYY...!!!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Only the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manager get them. The Lead Managers (of which I am one of 2) do not. The Leads used to, but that ended several months before I moved into the position.
    Boy if you were a lead and had that taken away...that would be a reason to leave. It is odd how different different branches of Disney get bonuses and others do not. Even some of lowest level CM roles at WDW qualify for some types of bonus incentives.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I can't do the lawn work hardly at all. I am so allergic to pollen that I have issues. There are some grasses in our lawn that break me out immediately. I need to remember which ones and then go to it first when I don't want to work!
    Good plan. I don't enjoy some yard work, some I do. It is the expectation that I will that bugs me. That is strictly voluntary as that is not my realm.

Sharing isn't fun. I want an IPad.
    Got this one thru a trade deal, and planned on selling it, but that didn't happen so we kept it. So, it is with DH to see what it is capable of. But if that will keep them off my laptop, okay then. I don't like the pad size, I like my 20 inch monitor and full keyboard.

Howdy gang!
    Howdy Steve.
    1. Yes and no...not so much. We have goals set with referrence to LY (Last Year) and an expectation that we will also best those LY KPI's (stats). We are expected to convert a return into an exchange as often as possible, also, and the buck stops with the Manager who is Sales Manager for that shift.

2. The merchandise was purchased at a Disney Store, just not ours.
    We would NEVER return merch. from another retailer to our Store. If it's not recognized by our system, we're not takin' it. We're kinda' a specialty place. We are also required to take online returns that also count against the retail location they are returned to.
    Stacking is what we called that, as in stacking the deck against the employee. Not a system i like much, but it DOES encourage the CMs to attempt to sell, instead of holding the floor in place.

Boy if you were a lead and had that taken away...that would be a reason to leave. It is odd how different different branches of Disney get bonuses and others do not. Even some of lowest level CM roles at WDW qualify for some types of bonus incentives.
    I never knew anyone at WDW or other D entities got bonuses other then managment. Good incentive, is there any way that a guest can leave a comment that would help with that?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

It is warm and sunny here again. It is supposed to be 75 but storms later.

Okay, off to check on the news.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Hey everyonel.
    WDW Radio Android App.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Going to watch my niece in a basketball tourney
    WDW Radio Android App.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quick hello to all, I have been working on DD college tuition issue & filling & searching for a job making at least 80% of what I was making. Not easy. Told DH may need to go to school for something, not just the excel brush up we shall see. Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Just filed my Netflix appeal, DH said we should we had so many issues yrs ago & then just recently.

Job Finder looking now before a birthday dinner with family for cousin from out of town.

Very sunny day so my mood has been much better today. Thanks for all the support.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

When I was pregnant and having my children....is was not said: "We are pregnant." Back in the day of my children only my stick turned pink, not the DH's.

Funny how things change.
    Yes, I remember those days! We didn't have alot of things they have now! I like the surprise of the out come I didn't know what I was having either.

having been divorced, and alone and terribly afraid, I can do the housework with a little help.
    Same here! DH does pitch in on floors & his laundry sometimes but mostly me!

Like Chris said- sometimes women get a bad deal. I mean- I work. So why is it also my job to cook and clean? I also go to school, make sure the bills are paid, make sure there are groceries, in general clean the bathrooms (I do make the boys help out), but why is EVERYTHING else my job when they are the ones who make the mess?

I need to prepare these boys to be helpers instead of just mess makers. Got to work on that.
    DD used to help before she went to college. Then when she moved back after the dorm 3 months later its like pulling teeth to get her to pitch in! But I see this changing once I go back to work as I may be working more then less.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I love Schwans Peppered Bacon. And it is super yummy when crumbled on baked sweet potatoes as well. I think walmart also sells a peppered bacon. Deicious.
    yumm... Have you ever had their mini breakfast pizzas... Oh my gosh they are so good. So are their mashed potatoes. Durning band season when I need a quick dinner I have breakfast pizzas and mashed potatoes. They both cook up in the microwave in under 5 minutes.
    Test Track to get makeover after Disney, GM renew alliance

For those who didn't already know this. Like me.
    Its going to be closed when I go down =[

Really enjoyed the Diners, DriveIns and Dives repeats last night. There were two I hadn't seen. Good stuff.
    I love that show.
    Up already. Son has tryouts for Band- it is for Area which means from Amarillo to the Metroplex students will be trying out. Good luck to him. He doesn't think he will move on past where he is now (region)- but who knows! Will know by lunch time if me made it to the next level.
    Good Luck to him
    Watching the original Parent Trap. I really like this movie. I need to go get a shower but they are about to go camping....
    I love the Parent Trap
    Son had a good time at band but doesn't know what chair he made. I am not sure that he even made a chair but it would be cool.
    I hope it makes a chair.
    My kid made dinner. Pita crisped in oven, then slathered with Ranch dressing. Topped with crispy thick bacon, diced tomato and shredded lettuce.
    That sounds so good except for the tomato
    One day, you and Gabe can coach me thru this. But it seems the girls are really missed at a harsher level.
    I wonder how my mom is going to react when I am gone
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I had a pretty busy weekend. On Friday after school I went to Target then to my best friends house to celebrate her moms birthday with her family. Yesterday I cleaned my room and went to dinner to a local inn with my mom and dad. Today I studied for my a couple of exams, they start friday =/, finished my homework, got about halfway done with my serial killer project and finished cleaning my room. Now I am off to help mom make dinner and finish my project.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)