Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 383 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 2833333733813823833843853934334838831383 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Three schools are attaching activity monitors to their students. It stays on 24/7 to track them through year. It is swiped by a teacher in class ...
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Three schools are attaching activity monitors to their students. It stays on 24/7 to track them through year. It is swiped by a teacher in class and downloaded to computer to compare over weeks, months, years. Parent permission not received. They will have data on what you do or do not do physically and how much sleep you get each night and naps.
    I have questions...
    Funded by who?
    Sponsored by who?
    Benefiting who?
    Parent permission not received...?
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Rain this morning, snow now. Friday is to be a bad one, dust the day before. Im supposed to get a new roof this week. lol.
    Sounds like you still will be getting a new roof...just maybe a snow roof.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

I could really use a Disney show on the Travel Channel about right now.
    Even if it's one I've already seen 50 times.
    ~ you know who

OK...
    Gotta' get ready for my CC shift and drop Lilly Dimples off at the shop on the way in.
    Have a good'n Gabe and gang!
    Laterrrrrrrrrrr...!!!
    ~ you know who

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

My formal observation, I have to turn in lesson plans for it. I have to know when it is. I had an informal one, where the administrator came in unannounced about 2 months ago. I did well
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Yep, full of P&V they be after that break...!
    I know that expression.

From what I've been able to catch up on so far, this whole thing seems to be one of the most confusing, convoluted, giant CF's in recent history.

Agree, and after watching Dr Drew last night. OY!!!!
    I can paint, not draw.

We do not tell teachers when it is coming nor what quarter it will be. We like to see a normal day not one that is set up for administrations benefit.

He was in court today. No charges but sent back to jail where they can keep him without charges for a year. No bail. Glad I live in USA.

Oh, now, freedom is overrated. They could just do an ankle monitor.

No news for her. She knew for 3 years. Son now doing a healthy show, not my Mommas cooking
    Nice of her to share with the rest of us as we made Paulas, deluxe buttered butter appetizers.

Rain this morning, snow now. Friday is to be a bad one, dust the day before. Im supposed to get a new roof this week. lol.

Sounds: not too fun.
    I have questions...
    Funded by who?
    Sponsored by who?
    Benefiting who?
    Yeah, the school would have it back, with a nasty lecture, or I would find a new school.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    My formal observation, I have to turn in lesson plans for it. I have to know when it is. I had an informal one, where the administrator came in unannounced about 2 months ago. I did well
    You will do great.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The administration matches what they observed to what was in the lesson plan book afterward observation. Every Friday lesson plan book is turned into principal in afternoon for review. Lesson plans must be 2 weeks out.

They had problems with a few. Family emergency or major illness, found several that were out for weeks didn't have lesson plans at all or more than a day or two. Now everything is spot checked once a week.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

There is a Girl Scout cookie app now. Will locate where cookies are being sold in your area that day and hours.
    I am not a GS cookie fan. I don't like them. There, that was tough, but even DD does not like them.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

The administration matches what they observed to what was in the lesson plan book afterward observation. Every Friday lesson plan book is turned into principal in afternoon for review. Lesson plans must be 2 weeks out.

They had problems with a few. Family emergency or major illness, found several that were out for weeks didn't have lesson plans at all or more than a day or two. Now everything is spot checked once a week.
    Yeah, I see faults with that. I try to plan two weeks out but it ALWAYS changes because either I don't get to something one day, or the students don't understand something and have to do more lessons/reviews for them.

I understand turning in a year long rough plan of lessons and for your first 3 yrs turning in plans. But I feel like you should still have to turn in an official lesson plan for a formal observation then an informal observation. As a teacher, I'd like to be prepared with notice at least for one observation.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

I have questions...
    Funded by who?
    Sponsored by who?
    Benefiting who?
    Interesting huh? And we wonder why the US kids are falling behind other modern countries in reading, writing and math. I heard it on the radio talk show this morning. They did not have the funding answers if it was a grant or manufacture supplied or budgeted tax dollars. The electric monitors are worn on the wrist and count heartbeats, they detect motion and will even track students sleeping schedules. All to fight obesity.
    Password needed to gain access by students and educators.

The ACLU is now involved. Concerns of how long info will be stored, if it will pass from school to school. What will secondary uses, insurance companies, parental consent. What if data points to hyperactive tendencies, will educators have data to label special ed? ACLU does not believe schools have the right to a persons biological indicators.

So if Johnny looks sleepy, they could scan his wrist and see when you put Johnny to bed last night. Wow!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Yeah, I see faults with that. I try to plan two weeks out but it ALWAYS changes because either I don't get to something one day, or the students don't understand something and have to do more lessons/reviews for them.

I understand turning in a year long rough plan of lessons and for your first 3 yrs turning in plans. But I feel like you should still have to turn in an official lesson plan for a formal observation then an informal observation. As a teacher, I'd like to be prepared with notice at least for one observation.
    I completely understand the teachers objections. This was in place long before I was ever on the school board. The "official" response to being able to prepare for observation is, 'an educator should always be prepared if they are being observed or not.'

One of our teachers was upset because her observation was while she was showing 101 Dalmatians. She came back from the restroom, coffee cup in hand a tad shocked that a chunk of her observation time had already ticked away. (note, there was a teachers aide in the room.)

I am over halfway with getting inventory straightened out. And only have a few long, long invoices to enter to be fully caught up and ahead of the power curve.

DD isn't feeling well, she got thru school today, but looks kind of pale and said she feels nauseated. ick. Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    I am not a GS cookie fan. I don't like them. There, that was tough, but even DD does not like them.
    Oh life would be sad without Girl Scout Cookies. There are certain ones I buy every years. Slurp.

Okay, heading home, back later.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    I am over halfway with getting inventory straightened out. And only have a few long, long invoices to enter to be fully caught up and ahead of the power curve.

DD isn't feeling well, she got thru school today, but looks kind of pale and said she feels nauseated. ick. Poor thing.
    Poor thing. Take care of her from a reasonable distance, that is all you need is to get it too.