Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 384 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 2843343743823833843853863944344848841384 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe I completely understand the teachers objections. This was in place long before I was ever on the school board. The "official" response to being able to ...
    disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I completely understand the teachers objections. This was in place long before I was ever on the school board. The "official" response to being able to prepare for observation is, 'an educator should always be prepared if they are being observed or not.'

One of our teachers was upset because her observation was while she was showing 101 Dalmatians. She came back from the restroom, coffee cup in hand a tad shocked that a chunk of her observation time had already ticked away. (note, there was a teachers aide in the room.)
    I would have been peeved as well. I mean, sometimes the students earn rewards and you don't know when they will earn them.

I am always prepared... hence the reason for informal observations. But sometimes the teacher wants to make sure to get stuff together to have ready for the administrator. I have always seen one informal and one formal throughout the year. We do two of each throughout the year. One of each in each semester.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Yeah, the school would have it back, with a nasty lecture, or I would find a new school.
    I don't know that they are removable. Kinda like an ankle bracelet but on wrist. But what would they do with sports?

It is NY, Orange county NJ and St. Louis MO.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I don't know that they are removable. Kinda like an ankle bracelet but on wrist. But what would they do with sports?

It is NY, Orange county NJ and St. Louis MO.
    Unreasonable search and seizure? Illegal tracking-it IS against the law to track spomeones every move without their premission (here it is) and there is NO WAY i would allow that. NEvAH!!!!!!!!!!
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Gabe, CNN shows the captain is getting a house arrest deal. So, he won't be stuck in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    I would have been peeved as well. I mean, sometimes the students earn rewards and you don't know when they will earn them. .
    Yep, it was Icky and unfortunate. Our district does not allow non-curricular movies any longer. Ever. Very limited amounts and pre-approved curricular dvds. Same goes for computer use, curricular use only, staff and students; that is monitored by our tech department.

Guidelines for rewards are group activities, they can play a classroom game, go out for an extra recess, go out a play a game or to the gym and play a game or a fun craft etc. Actually our Smart Boards have so many fun classroom participation games built into the programs those are used frequently as rewards.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Gabe, CNN shows the captain is getting a house arrest deal. So, he won't be stuck in jail.
    Well that is better if they are not charging him. Guess I have a hard time with the lack of due process of other countries. I wonder what did show up on that screen, the rocks or not? I'm surprised at how quickly the cruise company threw him under the bus, even before the black boxes were out. Not to say I think he is clear, but something is gnawing at me, never do you hear judgements in transportation accidents as quickly as this one came down. They rescue or recover then they go for cause and fault. This turned into a PR event too quickly.

I suspect the reason he got the toss was his attitude, his abandonment of the ship and passengers and the satellites whoing him off course, by a fair bit. Plus, interviews with the crew showed he ventured that far in as a gift to a staff member who is from the area. That is what came out on CNN and HLN last night. Black boxes will help though, and might be why he got to go home.

NY wants a law to limit folks to 7 pets. hmm.

I wish my city would limit pets to that extent, our neighbor has about 14 cats, and at least 6 dogs, and the cats think my flower gardens are the potty. SO irritating.

Unreasonable search and seizure? Illegal tracking-it IS against the law to track spomeones every move without their premission (here it is) and there is NO WAY i would allow that. NEvAH!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually it is standard to put a monitor on students during PE, it is part of their grade, getting their heart rate up. Actually in PE it was easier for the out of condition students to raise their heart rate. Difficult for my DD as she was a competition swimmer and harder to raise your heart rate that much higher when your body is accustom to that.

Makes me wonder how athletes will score on this new monitor.

NY wants a law to limit folks to 7 pets. hmm.
    Three here unless your precinct is considered farm. Then you can have all ya want. It is interesting to see ponies walking up the street.

I suspect the reason he got the toss was his attitude, his abandonment of the ship and passengers and the satellites whoing him off course, by a fair bit. Plus, interviews with the crew showed he ventured that far in as a gift to a staff member who is from the area. That is what came out on CNN and HLN last night. Black boxes will help though, and might be why he got to go home.

I am not a fan of trail by media. Too much gets muddled for a story and grandstanding. Can you just imagine if CNN did the investigation of the Monorail accident? First reports coming across the social media was the cast members might have been drinking or on drugs and that couldn't have been farther from the truth.

But I don't know what type of investigations they do before they convict someone, look at the American College Student in Italy, charged a year later with murder and she wasnt even there. I am interested to hear what really happened, beyond what the media has concluded.

Poor thing. Take care of her from a reasonable distance, that is all you need is to get it too.
    She is curled up under a balnket watching the telly. Rice is all she wants for supper. and a glass of milk, which is a bad, bad idea with nausea, so hot tea for her. Maybe, MAYBE something else later.

She refuses to eat soup-in any form. Or drink chicken broth, or gatorade. So, it is coke, to settle her tummy and rice because she will eat it.

My world feels like a soap opera, full of bad people.

Judge says Linday Lohan is doing well and to keep it up.