Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 404 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 3043543944024034044054064144545049041404 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Keasmom LOL, I like that movie-except the fake southern accents. But Sally Fields meltdown after the funeral is spot on. Great movie. That's the best scene in ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    LOL, I like that movie-except the fake southern accents. But Sally Fields meltdown after the funeral is spot on. Great movie.
    That's the best scene in the entire movie!

"M'Lynn, you just missed the chance of a lifetime! Half o' Chiquapin Parish'd give their eye teeth to take a whack at Ouiser!"

Only for that moment, Reid is going to bring it back in for a vote later, he promised to get it passed.
    I'm glad the protest caught some attention because before this week I wasn't aware what our Congress was trying to do with this. I will be paying attention now.

I like Santorums vests. He looks more like an orthodontist, not so much of a candidate. Great hair though.
    I know almost as much about my neighboring states politics as my own due to my major media outlet being Philadelphia. I'm quite curious how PA will handle Santorum in their primary considering they voted him out as their Senator. I wonder how far back people's memories will stretch because I'm already aware others in the country either don't know or remember why he is no longer the U.S. Senator from PA.

Yep, lots of bad weather news. Oregon is flooding, the middle north west if getting a near blizzard, the west has wind and fire, and the southeast is getting rain, thunder and flooding.

Welcome to winter, huh?
    We woke up to a coating of snow, but we can still see some grass blades through it.

Oh no, the alabama fan story went national. Ugh, i PROMISE most folks down here are not like that.
    Sadly, this type of behavior is not new for Philadelphia. Here's the latest occurrence: Rangers fan beaten after Winter Classic was Iraq war veteran | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/06/2012

It appears over the years the most "aggressive" Philly fans are those of the Flyers and the Eagles. Tis a shame really, Philly really does have a lot of good qualities
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Lots of snow! Waiting to see the sun.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I cannot remember the last time I saw the plows FAIL completely in Northern IL. It was snowing from late morning on, ending mostly around 7pm. No plows sightings. No salt. Cars wipe'n out on entrance ramps.

The plows handled the Blizzard last year quicker than 9" maximum of snow this round, only because they were absent everywhere. What the heck?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

One for the Citizen voice being heard for a change! Kinda proud of the Internet communities rally and their Dark effort regarding SOPA.

Now maybe they will write legislation that actually pin-points the real issues.

Still have two more cars to dig out. Don't want to. I could wait a few days and it would melt off. Problem, one is blocking mine.

Yep, lots of bad weather news. Oregon is flooding, the middle north west if getting a near blizzard, the west has wind and fire, and the southeast is getting rain, thunder and flooding.

Welcome to winter, huh?
    Yep, we got a lot of snow but it should not have crippled the region like it did. Plow didn't even attempt to deal with it. People on radio calling saying they never saw them out. Some people commuting took 4 hours to get home for a 30 minute dry drive. Ridiculous.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    That's the best scene in the entire movie!

"M'Lynn, you just missed the chance of a lifetime! Half o' Chiquapin Parish'd give their eye teeth to take a whack at Ouiser!"

That was epic. And the relationship between Ouiser and Clairee, so accurate.

I'm glad the protest caught some attention because before this week I wasn't aware what our Congress was trying to do with this. I will be paying attention now.

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]there is an existing exec order on this already, no need to give them more power. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

I know almost as much about my neighboring states politics as my own due to my major media outlet being Philadelphia. I'm quite curious how PA will handle Santorum in their primary considering they voted him out as their Senator. I wonder how far back people's memories will stretch because I'm already aware others in the country either don't know or remember why he is no longer the U.S. Senator from PA.

I know nothing about Santorum, and didn't read up because he has no chance. Why is he no longer a senator?

We woke up to a coating of snow, but we can still see some grass blades through it.

Sadly, this type of behavior is not new for Philadelphia. Here's the latest occurrence: Rangers fan beaten after Winter Classic was Iraq war veteran | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/06/2012

It appears over the years the most "aggressive" Philly fans are those of the Flyers and the Eagles. Tis a shame really, Philly really does have a lot of good qualities
    Read that and saw the photos of that poor man online. What a shame that this is what our youth do for fun now. Several of those cases on the news lately.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    One for the Citizen voice being heard for a change! Kinda proud of the Internet communities rally and their Dark effort regarding SOPA.

Yeah, it is a victory of sorts. There is still an existing exec order to shut down any site at any time. Small steps to get that internet freedom.

Piracy is the problem, Hollywood and the entertainment industry should make better safeguards, THEY have refused to change with the times no matter how much they love technology for movie making and sound quality, they refuse to upgrade their securities and encoding. That is about all I understand of the issue.

Yep, we got a lot of snow but it should not have crippled the region like it did. Plow didn't even attempt to deal with it. People on radio calling saying they never saw them out. Some people commuting took 4 hours to get home for a 30 minute dry drive. Ridiculous.
    True, my fuss is only with the sillies who stand in the streets like this is a SHOCKING surprise that it even happened, no matter that it has been on the news for days. That gal this morning said, "we didn't think they MEANT it would get this bad, and it never LOOKED like it was this bad" Well, derp, did you think the weather channels warned you for fun? Silly people, pay attention.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

It is quite warm out today, bet we get storms later and chilly weather behind it. Seems to be the weather pattern lately.

Several great court cases in Georgia to watch this month, can't wait to see how those play out.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quite the conundrum for pols these days, isn't it? They sure loves them some internet when it comes to "gettin' their message out there" but don't quite seem to enjoy it as much when it also, just as quickly, exposes the inadequacies of their usual "Don't worry, the public will nap through this one too, and we'll look like we actually did something beneficial" mode.
    Sorry guys and gals that represent us...you may actually have to use the full capacity of your brains on this one...Lord help us.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Hate you too.

If I lived close to you, I'd drive over just to pinch you real hard.

We no longer get Hallmark.
    Bob is either on Me or TV Land here. I also enjoy D ick Van dyke show.

From what I can remember of Red Skelton, he was on his way out of TV shows when I was very small....he gave me the creeps.
    1. Hate is a very strong word, Gabe.

2. OUCH!!!
    If it's any consolation (and, I'm sure it ain't ), it was only 74 here yesterday...AND it got down to as low as 40 overnight. 55 right now.

3. Yep, DVD has always been a favorite, too.

4. He never creeped me out. I always thought he, and all his silly characters, were a hoot!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Still hate you. That bruse is going to be like a bulls-eye with various shades of rings.
    Ouch! ouch!! OUCH!!!
    You REALLY must...you quoted me twice on this one...!
    ~ you know who

So off to clean,
    Walk Pup,
    and snow blow.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

And it is sunny and 74 in Walt Disney World.
    Did I mention that it was 74 here yesterday, as well?
    ~ you know who

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Uhm... hi?
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Long story short.

Christmas break= too busy.
    Get back to school= get offered Resident Advisor position. Take it, move across campus, and jump right into the job
    Time for anything other than schoolwork and RA stuff= just about none.

Yup. I really don't know what I've gotten myself into, but being an RA I'm hoping will be awesome experience.

Hope everyone has been doing well!
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html