Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 421 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 3213714114194204214224234314715219211421 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen The new season of The Biggest Loser starts tonight. The Singles. It should be good. Apparently one guy gets kicked off the show in week six ...
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    The new season of The Biggest Loser starts tonight. The Singles. It should be good. Apparently one guy gets kicked off the show in week six for getting drunk.
    Oooopsss...!
    Someone let the cat outta' the bag!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post

There is also a European style called Pulgra we have tried that is in a silver foil wrapper-excellent, but since DD got chicken pox the same wekk we tried this, she nearly gags if she sees it. Memory association.

Splurge on a dish of it with a loaf of decent bread. It is thicker, richer and less salty. It also made the butter cookies AMAZING, and the Butter pecan Fudge-creamy dreamy. but kind of pricey for everyday use.

here is a link to a discussion on butters-yes, apparently people discuss this.

Butter vs Irish butter - Cooking Forum - GardenWeb
    Sounds awesome! Kinda' glad it's a bit pricey...that'll help keep me away from it...!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

OK, gonna' go throw down some grub.
    Sausage wraps and baked beans.
    Be back laterrrrrrr...!!!
    ~ you know who

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I LOVE tulips! My favourite flower
    I have tulips every where on my property. When Walter was a Pup he would bite their heads off and leave the stem.

I only know of one tulip tree though in this area. Her blossoms are white though not pink. It is beautiful. I guess it is a southern tree.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    back in the early 1980's when we were adding a second story to our then summer home to make it our full time abode, one of the only days it rained was when the builders took off the roof. they only left tarps over the exposed beams which of course collapsed. not a pretty sight

That must have been awful. And was my fear today. I have a tongue and groove diagonal wood ceiling in the family room. Can you just imagine that wet? Oy!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh my! Busy Day. Speech is good to take in HS. Most Colleges require you take a course there also. So it will be a good warm up. At least you have a leg up by preforming already in band.

Prom Fair? Never heard of one. Wow. I can't believe where your high school years have gone either and I'm not even related.
    Yeah that us why I toke it.
    We are the only school in our area that does it. My mom is almost in tears when I talk about senior year.
    You are part of my Disney family. You have been here for me since Freshmen year... I cant I believe I have been on this site for 3 years.
    Yep, we had that thunderstorm overnight too. Snow is now gone off my roof.
    Snow is gone completely here.
    First the schools had problems with kids wearing Jammies to school, now it is slippers.

I'm old enough to remember when it was jeans with fringe, flannel shirts and tube tops.
    My school finally lifted the no jammies rule this year. I do not get why people wear jammies to school... I did freshmen year but stopped. It made me feel sloppy. I do not even wear sweats anymore.
    Wow, I never thought that would happen.
    Best never go visit your DD at college. The slippers are everywhere, church, mall, school, you name it. Too young to realize the foot problems they will have down the line. Look at the feet of the ladies from my Mom's generation stuff'n their feet in those pumps. Ouch.
    Oh my gosh that is so true now. Half the girls wear slipper boots to school because they look like boots. At Band Camp I go pretty must every where with my slippers. I bring my tennis shoes with me to practice but only wear them when we are on field.
    Well the little tot that was being raised gender neutral and his gender not shared....revealed It is A Boy!

Parents decided to reveal since it was harder to conceal now that he is in school. Wanta bet the schools required knowledge of boy or girl??? Fair bet there wasn't a gender neutral restroom either.

Now you have to wonder if the Child will benefit from his parents keeping his gender a secret.
    I have never heard of this.
    Why would you not share what gender it is. Does it really matter?
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Sounds awesome! Kinda' glad it's a bit pricey...that'll help keep me away from it...!
    I want to say a half pound of Irish Butter is double the price of a pound of Land O Lakes. I wanta say like $4.50 / half pound.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Hope that dinner we just had doesn't lead to some "Blazing Saddles" 'round the ol' ranch here tonight...Oh my!
    ~ you know who

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Watching Dumb while I fall asleep. School tomorrow then the gym.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

I want to say a half pound of Irish Butter is double the price of a pound of Land O Lakes. I wanta say like $4.50 / half pound.
    Woof! Buttery gold-ness that is.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Appreciated Steve!

Try some Sleepytime tea, I like the one with vanilla it does help. Yesterday as I had a reaction to something I took 50mg of Benadryl & slept all night until 10:30a.m. Now that was the longest I have slept in awhile.
    Your welcome Dar! Hope to hear some good news from you on the job front soon!

I prefer Sleepytime Beer actually...!

Seriously though, I should probably try something like that. I've heard about good results from others.
    Glad you got some good sleep.
    I don't really like the way the diphenhydramine in Benadryl and similar drugs makes me feel sometimes, though.
    ~ you know who

Stress. Roofing materials just delivered. Dumpster being off loaded onto the driveway. Don't think this drive can take that big honk'n truck.
    Had ours replaced about ten years ago. The next decent hail storm will probably put it away. Always fun.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Yeah that us why I toke it.
    We are the only school in our area that does it.
    A mark of a good school system. Things parents look for.

My mom is almost in tears when I talk about senior year.
    I left my sons dorm happy for his adventure. If I didn't have to drive the truck home I could have skipped. While I was excited for my DD, I knew I was going to miss her, we are great buds. She was a drama free kid, never did moods, academically focused so we never had those mother daughter drama things. But after my 20 minute cry fest leaving her, mainly cause she started it, I was OK. Have to say texting helped. She'll send quick texts and me back, so we are still kinda connected. We don't talk much on the phone, maybe every few weeks. I do not Facebook with my kids, I find that kinda creepy stalkerish. Think both of my kids are thankful for that.

You are part of my Disney family. You have been here for me since Freshmen year... I cant I believe I have been on this site for 3 years.
    Yep, we are a unique kinda family here. It has been fun watching you grow up. Just glad I don't have to pay your college tuition.

My school finally lifted the no jammies rule this year. I do not get why people wear jammies to school... I did freshmen year but stopped. It made me feel sloppy. I do not even wear sweats anymore.
    Yep our K-8 district still fights it. I kinda pick my battles. Frankly the flannel pants cover more and are more modest than some of legg'ns, short shorts or skirts. My Mom had a hissy over pants. Firm believer that girls should be in dresses. Ugh the fights. Then when I started to wear jeans to school you would have thought I was the daughter of Satan.

Wow, I never thought that would happen.
    Cheaper than giving them more money or benefits. Like a little bone. I was surprised though when mustaches were allowed a decade ago. Only Walt was allowed to have a mustaches. Tad of a hypocrite he was.

Oh my gosh that is so true now. Half the girls wear slipper boots to school because they look like boots. At Band Camp I go pretty must every where with my slippers. I bring my tennis shoes with me to practice but only wear them when we are on field.
    I see those slipper boots all the time. I also see every other form of cute little slippers. Aside from the wet and snow, I see no harm other than aching feet.
    Now when I see the Mom's dressing like students, I admit it, I chuckle.

I have never heard of this.
    Why would you not share what gender it is. Does it really matter?
    Gotta tip toe on this one. The Parents decided when the child was born it was best to be brought up gender neutral. That way there would be no stereo typical expectations. Football or ballet, trucks or dolls. Clothing or hair. The child would be allowed to explore life with out outside influences. So only general neutral clothes, hair, toys, etc.

Apparently Both of the Mom's have agreed to let everyone know the child is a boy. Either this will be one well adjusted 5 year old or one that will need psychological help.

OH I just got another interview!!!!!!!!! As I was typing to you all! Thank you for the good vibes! Please fingers crossed. Tomorrow.
    ~ you know who

Okay you must me a lucky penny today I have another interview at 3 p.m. today! This was from a friend that found out someone was leaving her company.
    Ok off to prepare!
    ...again!!!

Good luck Dar!!!!!
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Spent the mornin' helpin' pack up the discount book store in Round Rock and then finished up the afternoon at TDS.
    Then I went upstairs to talk to the owner of the mens clothing store about his job offer.
    Right off the bat he offered me 45% more than I make at CC and a good bit more than at TDS. Told him I could strat part-time next week. He was a happy guy.
    Wow! 45% more, woot! And a good deal more than TDS as a managing member. But who needs money when you can have a 1/4" beard. lol.
    Good news.