Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 435 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 3353854254334344354364374454855359351435 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Keasmom Okay, I need to re-read the quote that CNN played. Maybe if I read it in context I can get a feel for what he is ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Okay, I need to re-read the quote that CNN played. Maybe if I read it in context I can get a feel for what he is saying. I will read up on it.
    I think you will have to research the entire topic from both angles to understand it really. Last night was again just tidbits during speech and tidbits from the rebuttal. I watched the recap. I can't sit through all the blah blah blah and clapping, standing stuff. Same way I loose patience for the academy awards, too much blah blah, I get restless.

Lighter note-sunny and nearly 75 today, trees blooming, flowers blooming, WOOT!!!!
    Stifle, 31 and cloudy.
    It will be 80 in WDW today and 84 tomorrow.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post

The U.S. Navy SEALs have got skills! Did you all hear what they did last night?
    U.S. special forces rescue Somalia aid workers - CNN.com

Yes, heard it this morning from my FAV morning news gal, Robin Meade. SEALS< rock, which is why they were my signature for so long. Happy for the hostages. Neener to the pirates\.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post

The U.S. Navy SEALs have got skills! Did you all hear what they did last night?
    U.S. special forces rescue Somalia aid workers - CNN.com

No I hadn't and I watched the news this morning.

Makes you proud and warms the heart.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I'd mention that I hadn't heard about it... and that I'm so out of touch with the world... but it sounds like I'm complaining when really it's by choice. I deal with so much stress and negativity in my own life... watching the news usually just depresses me. So... YAY for GOOD news for once!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Neener to the pirates.
    Yeah... take that Jack Sparrow!

Wait... wrong pirates...
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post

I just realized I really should stop referring to it as the ED site huh? It's "Extinct Disney" not "Erectile Disfunction"!!!!

Oh My.

[QUOTE]

Oh, rough one huh? Sorry for that for you. I know nothing of 501's except the Levi's brand.
    My choice of a 501 too!
    I would eat those little marshmallow bits straight from the jar.
    I am eating them out of the jar.

This is not good. Not good at all. Prayers.
    It was before 7am so I'm thinking maybe someone was discovered dead in the morning down there.

I'd mention that I hadn't heard about it... and that I'm so out of touch with the world... but it sounds like I'm complaining when really it's by choice. I deal with so much stress and negativity in my own life... watching the news usually just depresses me. So... YAY for GOOD news for once!
    My DD is so isolated from the world at her University being a Mathematics major. She subscribed to Time Magazine so she can have a quick hit of news each week.

It IS January right? Winter?

And there are really people who don't believe that our climate is shifting... don't believe in global warming... don't believe something funky is happening.
    I would be one of them. I believe the earth goes through cycles. If we go into the deep freeze again if February nobody will be talking about the warmth. It has been cold here the last week or so and we are getting snow, pretty winterish to me. Lately it has been every Friday, predicting snow again on Friday.

Yeah... take that Jack Sparrow!

Wait... wrong pirates...
    LOL, wrong pirates for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    My DD is so isolated from the world at her University being a Mathematics major. She subscribed to Time Magazine so she can have a quick hit of news each week.
    Bless her heart.

It IS January right? Winter?

And there are really people who don't believe that our climate is shifting... don't believe in global warming... don't believe something funky is happening.

The way the hurricane Dr explained it, this is a continual 35-40 year cycle the earth has always been in, nothing extreme, nothing new, just cyclical. We are just much more aware of it, and it's effects due to the 24/7/365 telly/computer talking heads information overload.

Checking the almanac, and historical almanac for this are, that proved to be true going back beyond 110 years as far as conditions and temperature shifts.

Everything blooming this early seems odd to me, but old timers said it was like this in the early 70's, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I would be one of them. I believe the earth goes through cycles.
    No see then you aren't one of them... I'm talking about the folks who don't believe the earth goes through cycles. I probably should've specified that when I said "Global Warming" I meant the natural type... not the type where us humans are causing it.

LOL, wrong pirates for sure.
    Sorry... I see pirates and I automatically see Johnny Depp.

So... say "pirates" more ok?

Everything blooming this early seems odd to me, but old timers said it was like this in the early 70's, so.....
    Yep! Thing is... if you go wayyyy back and follow it, we're getting really close to be due for a major climate shift... and then it just all starts over again.

You know you're just having one of those weeks when, even sitting at your desk with a hangover from drinking too much wine the night before (due to a bad day) you are thinking "I can't wait to go home and finish that bottle."

I need a quote from someone important.... a quote that says basically not to ask for suggestions if when ideas are given, they are going to be shot down instead of considered. Anyone?

And with that... I am alone. LMAO!