Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 480 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 3804304704784794804814824905305809801480 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; My Dell was around $800. I've learned one thing through the years, if I buy laptops bare bones, I pay dearly for their cheapness later. I've had this one for ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

My Dell was around $800. I've learned one thing through the years, if I buy laptops bare bones, I pay dearly for their cheapness later. I've had this one for around 4 years. She is showing her age now.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    I've been busy on a new project. Not Lego this time but a model railway in my garden shed:

Wow, that is amazing Rich!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    You Lego projects are EPIC! Jenn's son would flip out if he saw those. But he is to get on the bus in about 5 minutes. As it is 740A where Jenn is, and 640A where I am.

My DD is just up and having breakfast. Peanut Butter toast and cinnamon toast with cafe con leche.
    My DF would love the Lego projects. He LOVES Lego!

Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    hello? is this thing on? If you ignore me I don't go away...just saying.
    If I felt better I'd have some wine to celebrate my 7000 post ...of course I also would have waited till later in the day...I'm not that much of a lush....yet
    Congrats on 7000 posts!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    All I heard was "Cooking bacon..." after that it's all a blurr...
    Bacon? Who said bacon?

Love my new laptop. I am finally catching up technology wise. It has Windows 7 I went from XP to 7. I feel special now, haha

The best part, is that I can finally play The Sims 3 again!! My previous laptop stopped letting me after I bought Sims 3 Pets.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

[QUOTE=Thumper10;992408]Speaking of weight loss, my anatomy professor told us today that liposuction results in more deaths each year than open heart surgery. Excess fat that was not ****ed up is now loose and enters the blood stream...ends up causing a pulmonary embolism and then death. Thought it was interesting.

Wow, that is a not so fun fact, but it makes sense. The lipozene fat melting shots sound much safer. Once I saw a lipo procedure, it wasn't something I would consider. ouch.

Becoming a Dr. has always been in the back of my mind. It's all the extra schooling that really turns me off. But yes, marine biology is where my heart has been since I was in elementary school. Just hoping everything falls into place with that plan and I end up loving it.

Well, you can always drop back and regroup. A local chiroprater is taking the PA courses and thinking of going inot pharmacist work-bored with chiro work. And one of DD's classmates dad's was always self employed buying and selling things to support his family, but when the economy collapsed, he went to nursing school, now he wants to be a surgical assistant. Both are over 50.

Me too
    South Texas-Corpus Christi and Alabama and mississippi also have oceanographic fields open and there is a Naval Base in Panama City/ Ft Walton/Eglin area that has a dolphin program but I think they study sonar and might train for detection of certain devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    I never think about any of those things, and I've not been sick to any appreciable amount *knockin' on my wood head* in years.
    To me, touchin' all a' that stuff is just part of everyday life livin' around each other as we pretty much all do these days.
    Yeah, men are far less careful. But i hate double back infections so I am overly cautious, plus, DD brings home every germ from school, so i try to mitigate. Doesn't always help as I am having my third bronchial issue in 5 weeks. But I try. And I refuse to go have a pnuemonia culture test. I will-literally-hack it out.\

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Smart thinking on her part. My Disney weakness probably would've won and lured me their way. I will have to look into Clearwater for an alternate plan though. I still have trouble wrapping my mind around that fact that it is almost time for me to start considering if I am going to move there permanently after school. Not ready to leave my family behind, but not many opportunities in this area and I am really not too keen on working at the Shedd.
    Look into programs at military bases-many of them have ocean creature programs. And there is Atlantis resort-GIGANTIC ocean creatures program, Sea Worlds multiple locations, and Atlantas Aquarium that manages a growth and development and habitat preservation programs as well as the educational aquarium. Think outside the standard, you might be surprised who all has a program. Although, admittedly, some of the Navy ones scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Or it is how this stuff keeps getting passed around. I look at the close quarters of my DD's dorm and know nobody has a freak'n chance.

Yeah, they are rather like petri dishes,
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Bacon? Who said bacon?
    LOL, I did, it is my go to food on a late evening. Plus, it tastes so good.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 02-02-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Hiya Chris. Is there supposed to be a comment after you quoted me?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Hiya Chris. Is there supposed to be a comment after you quoted me?
    Yes, there was, DD was yapping away and arguing about the need to eat breakfast. So I posted and bailed to address with her WHY she must put something reasonably nutritious into her tummy of a morning. Cafe au lait and bite of cereal is not enough. She popped a fresh mouthed comment off on me about it being HER decision, and I had to remind her that she is merely 11, and therefore, not in control of that decision.

After a few minutes discussion-during which I told her I understand that she may THINK she knows better, but really I am so old I HAVE to know better, so she giggled and ate.

Puberty is really harsh. Trying for humor in dealing with it.

Poor thing really isn't eating much no matter what I offer to fix or buy for her. She just doesn't want to eat, I make her eat, but-no easy answers. So, we are starting her on Ensure once a day and a liquid collodial vitamin blend, with trace minerals.

Really, I have no clue what to do, I am just going with my gut.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Going with your gut is part of being mommy.

Just a drive-by hi. I'm slammed. Wanted to make an appearance though. Have a great day everyone!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    I've been busy on a new project. Not Lego this time but a model railway in my garden shed:

VERY cool Rich!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Afternoon gang!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

I watch Listen to the Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremony almost every day. Makes for a happy start to the day.

Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremony - YouTube
    Haven't seen that one in a while. Thanks Chris!

I had forgotten that the picture of some of our Store guests riding the Speedway was at the entrance.
    ~ you know who

My DD's classroom got a Panaboard, the computer for it comes next week. So cool, but so expensive.
    Woof! That ain't your daddy's chalk board!
    ~ you know who