Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 489 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 3894394794874884894904914995395899891489 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; [QUOTE=HauntedGabe;992604][QUOTE=Keasmom;992586]My biggest hurdle in joining this family was getting used to daily phone calls from granny asking how and what we were doing. And then from the MIL, same thing. ...
    Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Re: The RT Thread Part V

[QUOTE=HauntedGabe;992604][QUOTE=Keasmom;992586]My biggest hurdle in joining this family was getting used to daily phone calls from granny asking how and what we were doing. And then from the MIL, same thing. But they do it cause they love, not cause of any nefarious thing. It is just the way they are-wanting to feel connected.

Or a family that can't let go. My Dad's Mom was like that. He eventually picked up our family and moved out of Chicago and into the suburbs on my Mothers urging. Having her MIL in her face everyday was a tad too much.
    Everyone loves Raymond. My MIL tried it. When we married, I lived on my own, DH did not. When we married we moved 45 miles due west of her. Untied those apron strings.
    My ex boyfriend and I, had MAJOR problems because of his mother. She was always interfering. His mother was a nasty piece of work. I won't go into details, but we broke up because of her. It was 3 people in that relationship. I don't put up with family members like that anymore
    Last edited by Evilduckqueen; 02-03-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

[QUOTE=HauntedGabe;992589]
    Move to California young man.
    Ewe. I find that even creepier. WTH! And ya wonder why the kid is messed up? Will the DD be with the youth group too?
    No, totally different set up now with the youth.

Ewe. And now the "family" knows he didn't keep his promise. Ewe. Way too much family. Most people do blame the girl. Having an adult girl, not fond of that practice.

Overshare is what he did when he blopped that at the thanksgiving meal-accidentally . He should NOT talk on his cell while among his family.

Well you know me...If I was that girl, I'd be rude too after all the family and extended family had so much to say about their personal life. Boundaries people.

He brings that part on himself, it is like he ALWAYS drops a bombshell usually while on a cell to his friends at a family gathering. No one wants to know-but he must want them too. I told him to shut up. SHE is actually worse about it.

Likely if she is good or evil she is aware of all the family input and the promises about his and her life. She is in a war over who gets to control the young man. Likely if everyone just backed off and let them have their relationship he wouldn't have been compelled to marry her sooner. At that age he might have even moved on over the two years. Unfortunately he got pushed and now he is pushing back.
    She is aware that he made promises, and shared them. And she knows he let the cat out at a family gathering. Her problem is she also drops the occasional overshare, and one of them is "having a truly southern family" which to her means the man goes to the womans side, and ignores his. That is a very Alabama thing. Weird, but I see a lot of it, especially with people from the country. It is nearly as if there is a law, that men ONLY hang with the wife's family after marraige. WEIRD.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

[QUOTE=Evilduckqueen;992662][QUOTE=HauntedGabe;992604]
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    My biggest hurdle in joining this family was getting used to daily phone calls from granny asking how and what we were doing. And then from the MIL, same thing. But they do it cause they love, not cause of any nefarious thing. It is just the way they are-wanting to feel connected.

My ex boyfriend and I, had MAJOR problems because of his mother. She was always interfering. His mother was a nasty piece of work. I won't go into details, but we broke up because of her. It was 3 people in that relationship. I put up with family members like that anymore

Sounds like my ex. His mom was one of those-no one and nothing good enough for her son, BUT she treated him like dirt at 30 when he got a tattoo-ignored him for weeks until he apologized. Yeah, wonder why we are divorced? LOL.

Nephew brings a lot of this on himself by oversharing. This family stays in touch and such but they are not controlling, and not too bad about giving advice or orders. his problem is he asks everyone for an opinion, ignores every opinion and wants everyones help when it all goes haywire. Dufus.

[QUOTE=Keasmom;992666][QUOTE=Evilduckqueen;992662]
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

Sounds like my ex. His mom was one of those-no one and nothing good enough for her son, BUT she treated him like dirt at 30 when he got a tattoo-ignored him for weeks until he apologized. Yeah, wonder why we are divorced? LOL.

Nephew brings a lot of this on himself by oversharing. This family stays in touch and such but they are not controlling, and not too bad about giving advice or orders. his problem is he asks everyone for an opinion, ignores every opinion and wants everyones help when it all goes haywire. Dufus.
    I used to get abusive phone calls from her, blaming me for everything. so thankful that my family and DF's family are lovely, and non interfering.

Sounds like your DF has as good of a family as you do.

Southern families are just odd, really.

Union Square Cafe Bar Nuts blend look delicious.

Union Square Cafe Bar Nuts blend look delicious.
    I could so go a caramelatte right now.

I am having a tortilla with Chili beans and cheese. A very small one.

I am having a tortilla with Chili beans and cheese. A very small one.
    Mmm, that sounds nice
    Last edited by Evilduckqueen; 02-03-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Alright, I'm off to do some stuff. Probably won't be back on until my tonight ( I have a hen's night to go to). Enjoy the rest of your night Chris!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Hello Moderators!
    The forums are a tad messed up today. It has been renaming members in quotes all day. There are several quotes of mine and other members that are mislabeling
    who actually said what.

I just read a quote with my name about my ex husband. I don't have an ex husband. One is more than enough!

Something has gone blowie.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post

My ex boyfriend and I, had MAJOR problems because of his mother. She was always interfering. His mother was a nasty piece of work. I won't go into details, but we broke up because of her. It was 3 people in that relationship. I don't put up with family members like that anymore
    Yep. That would be time to cut and run. I would not put up with it either.
    My DH to be at the time was with me on enough is enough already so it worked out for us. He loves his mother and they visit maybe once a month and talk maybe once a week. Plenty for a man who has a family of his own. Miles and miles helped.

I used to get abusive phone calls from her, blaming me for everything. so thankful that my family and DF's family are lovely, and non interfering.
    It is so nice that you have both sides of the family that can respect that.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Alright, I'm off to do some stuff. Probably won't be back on until my tonight ( I have a hen's night to go to). Enjoy the rest of your night Chris!
    Have fun with the hens!

It is supposed to snow again.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-04-2012 at 09:38 AM.