Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 492 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 3924424824904914924934945025425929921492 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by mickeytoo Two other points while, for some reason, (hey, don't get me wrong - it's a free country) some feel like turning "random thoughts" into "political random ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Two other points while, for some reason, (hey, don't get me wrong - it's a free country) some feel like turning "random thoughts" into "political random thoughts"...
    I don't care what Ellen does with who...before I EVER knew anything about her preferences, she annoyed the cheese outta' me.
    And, as far as Susan G. Komen...WTH does breast cancer have to do with Planned Parenthood in the first place?!?!?!
    Careful dear friend, cast that first stone and I might just throw a rock right back. Indeed we have had some highly questionable discussions here, as have you.

As far as Susan G Komen and Planned Parenthood, they are organisations I have supported through the years on and off. As a DH and father of an adult DD I'm sure you are aware of how expensive some of these tests are that women should be having annually. Many are not so fortunate to able to afford these tests without the help of these organisations and donor support. It is unfortunate that many do not know fully what services a foundation supports before they pounce on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Wow. Didn't expect this thread to look like this today, or contribute to it as such.

Have a Magical.....

I think I need to go puke.
    Yep, you are driving that point home. Think...are you really going sit in judgement? I'm going to walk on egg shells instead of throwing a rock or puking . This time.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

It is dark, gloomy, windy and cold. Pups ears were blow'n in the wind.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I found this new and tiny little bakery. Maybe showroom 12 x 15. Yet in her cases, there were heavenly cookies, cupcakes, brownies that really should just be called brownies, cheesecake balls dipped in chocolate along with various chocolate bomb cakes and large delectable cookies. Only thing that was missing was something with bacon.

I am so excited to have found this place on a hole in the wall Main Street, though I might regret it too.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I found this new and tiny little bakery. Maybe showroom 12 x 15. Yet in her cases, there were heavenly cookies, cupcakes, brownies that really should just be called brownies, cheesecake balls dipped in chocolate along with various chocolate bomb cakes and large delectable cookies. Only thing that was missing was something with bacon.

I am so excited to have found this place on a hole in the wall Main Street, though I might regret it too.
    Yesterday, it was a sandwich and today it is baked goods. Dang it.

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Finally got all my applications sent in for a PI with Disney. I went with the Marine Mammal one at the Seas which is my top pick, and then Conservation Education at the Seas, AK, or AK Lodge. Now the waiting game begins.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

That made me giggle out loud
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys

let's try to not talk about polly's ticks too heavily, as they can be an emotional issue that causes friendships to disintergrate
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Finally got all my applications sent in for a PI with Disney. I went with the Marine Mammal one at the Seas which is my top pick, and then Conservation Education at the Seas, AK, or AK Lodge. Now the waiting game begins.
    Exciting stuff
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Susan G. Komen was giving Planned Parenthood funds for breast cancer screenings and mammography in certain areas of the country. This is NOT the first time Susan G. Komen is having a PR issue. I'm really starting to wonder about the people at the helm of this organization. It is sounding like Avon Breast Cancer Walk has less issues than Susan G. Komen.

Since you asked the question, it appears to me you do not know the full scope of what Planned Parenthood does. Planned Parenthood provides a wide range of services for women's health including but not limited to: screening for STDs, cancer screening (breast, cervical, etc.), contraception & education, pre-natal care, etc. This is very beneficial for girls and women with no insurance, under insurance, and/or come from a low income household.
    Careful dear friend, cast that first stone and I might just throw a rock right back. Indeed we have had some highly questionable discussions here, as have you.

As far as Susan G Komen and Planned Parenthood, they are organisations I have supported through the years on and off. As a DH and father of an adult DD I'm sure you are aware of how expensive some of these tests are that women should be having annually. Many are not so fortunate to able to afford these tests without the help of these organisations and donor support. It is unfortunate that many do not know fully what services a foundation supports before they pounce on them.

Yep, you are driving that point home. Think...are you really going sit in judgement? I'm going to walk on egg shells instead of throwing a rock or puking . This time.
    This is why I sometimes really dislike this form of communication.
    That particular line was meant to be a somewhat sarcastic rhetorical question essentially making the point to people that they need to do their research and watch what organizations they donate to cause ya' never know who else objectionable to YOU they may be connected too. That was it. NO STONES were being cast.

It was late/early and I probably could have made that a little more obvious somehow, but that was it.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

But, as far as Ellen goes...
    That wasn't sarcastic, rhetorical, etc. Just my opinion.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

BTW...
    Howdydarndoo gang!
    ~ you know who

Who's throwin'/goin' to a Super Bowl Party tomorrow?
    ~ you know who

At least I'll probably get off early enough to watch most of the second half. Got no dog in this fight, but I hope it's a good game, at least.
    ~ you know who

OK gang...
    Out for now...gotta' run an errand.
    See ya' reeeeeeaaalll sooooooonnnnn...!!!
    ~ you know who

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Watching Cars with Nate...it's got us both cracking up.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney