Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 527 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 2742747751752552652752852953757762710271527 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 Heels and concerts don't mix well with me. My feet kill me at the end of the night. I can barely walk. I need to learn ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    Heels and concerts don't mix well with me. My feet kill me at the end of the night. I can barely walk. I need to learn how to do a smoky eye.

I just need a fashion expert to take me shopping. My sense of style is horrid...
    Grab stuff and head for a fitting room, keep trying. That is what I do, fortunately, my DD has an amazing sense of style and can pick an outfit for me very well. I would lend her over, but is a bit of a distance.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I love Taylor. I saw her open for a concert back in '08, when she wasn't big enough to do her own yet. She sang well, but it was funny 'cause you could tell she wasn't really sure how to perform that. She just stood there and did a lot of jumping up and down. I would like to see her now in concert...I'm sure it is much different.
    Taylor Swift is one of the few people I would pay to go see in concert. She is just adorable. And, so far, a decent role model. Her style so far has been really good.
    I have a pair of cowboy boots...love them. I'm a country girl at heart and spend my summers with my family at our place in eastern Indiana...it is farmer country down there.
    Gals here are starting to wear them with everything, including cpri pants-which is wrong on every level. But, with cute shorts or the right length of dress with my DD's height it would be super cute.

Huge announcement was that Richard Sherman is going on the cruise in November. I was fortunate enough to be at Destination D last year and saw him then...it was amazing. The cruisers are in for a treat.

Okay, just saw this. Apparently you already figured out the big announcement then.

And yes.
    Hope everyone enjoys the cruise.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    I'm curious about that too. I don't listen to the podcast, which Lou knows so I guess I'll have to wait to figure it out.

Yeah, I'm officially old. I didn't know who a lot of the people were nor was I was familiar with their music. I'm not sure what to make of this person above. I also had no idea who Niki whatever was until last night's performance. Didn't anyhow tell her Madonna already did that routine back in the 80s? She came across as someone trying to be "controversial" but coming across as "stupid boring and already done by better decades ago."

Very happy for Adele. I hadn't realized she used the same surgeon as Julie Andrews until last night. I hope her voice gets to the point where she can tour again.

Rachael Ray just made a red velvet waffle on tv. Hope #3 or #4 feels better.
    I didn't really watch the Grammy's last night. I watched a little bit- did see Glenn Campbell perform. Not much else because chidlren kept wanting to watch something "interesting."

It's #4. He has issues with poop. I am sure he will love the fact I shared that. Well- actually he would probably tell you. He wants to go outside and play----ummmm no- if you are that well, I can just take you to school.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post

Huge announcement was that Richard Sherman is going on the cruise in November. I was fortunate enough to be at Destination D last year and saw him then...it was amazing. The cruisers are in for a treat.

Okay, just saw this. Apparently you already figured out the big announcement then.

And yes.
    I've only figured out part of the big announcement. Still wasn't certain about Richard Sherman. Is he a guest of Lou's on the cruise or is he scheduled by Disney Cruise Lines? Glad to hear he was amazing last year. Sometimes when you are listening to 83-84 year old people it doesn't go overly smoothly. Like listening to Betty White without a script.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I didn't really watch the Grammy's last night. I watched a little bit- did see Glenn Campbell perform. Not much else because chidlren kept wanting to watch something "interesting."

It's #4. He has issues with poop. I am sure he will love the fact I shared that. Well- actually he would probably tell you. He wants to go outside and play----ummmm no- if you are that well, I can just take you to school.
    Oh, we went thru that with DD, I started giving her a fish oil (1200 omega 3,6,9) and no issues since, plus it helps her heart and brain.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I think his issue is more the fact he ate a box of girl scout cookies for dinner.

Actually I am happy when parents keep their kids away from other kids when they are sick. It is considerate. I'd rather the kid play in his own backyard vs playground and "sharing" germs with other kids.

Big folk should be mindful of that too, just few are. We stayed home from a SuperBowl party last week 'cause DH was still under the weather, though likely not contagious. I didn't want to be around him so why should other people.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I think his issue is more the fact he ate a box of girl scout cookies for dinner.
    Bless his heart. At least he isn't just "holding it in'.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Oh, we went thru that with DD, I started giving her a fish oil (1200 omega 3,6,9) and no issues since, plus it helps her heart and brain.
    Boy that girl is going to have stories to share in a few years.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Actually I am happy when parents keep their kids away from other kids when they are sick. It is considerate. I'd rather the kid play in his own backyard vs playground and "sharing" germs with other kids.

Big folk should be mindful of that too, just few are. We stayed home from a SuperBowl party last week 'cause DH was still under the weather, though likely not contagious. I didn't want to be around him so why should other people.
    Unfortunately, employers do not make it easy for many people to actually stay home when they are under the weather due to lack of sick time and/or extremely strict attendance policy. I know many work places only give people 2 sick days a year and if these people are parents, chances are those 2 sick days are used when they need to stay home with a very sick child.

I do wish more people in general would stay home when they are ill, but I know that isn't feasible. And remember what may appear as a cold to you may actually be an allergic response, so therefore not contagious. I know this from many years of personal experience.

Boys!! My mom had the same rules for being home sick too! If you stayed home from work/school due to illness, you did NOT leave the house unless you were going to/from the doctor, hospital, and/or pharmacy. That was it. You were homebound. I still follow that rule today. And if you were feeling better, great....but your butt still stayed home!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Heels and concerts don't mix well with me. My feet kill me at the end of the night. I can barely walk. I need to learn how to do a smoky eye.

I just need a fashion expert to take me shopping. My sense of style is horrid...
    My DS and I help DD with that. DS always understood style for himself and is a big critic of girls gone wrong. Fine line of looking good and looking like a poster for a vacant lamp post. As my son says there are girls ya date and girls you have a relationship with.

When in doubt, a little dress. Just so it isn't too "little". Want it to say hey look at me, not come and get it. Dresses at least you don't need to mix and match, hard to go wrong.

Shoes are an expensive fix. Save and invest in one pair of classically
    s*xy shoes in black. Very expensive shoes have excellent padding for the balls of your feet and if fitted correctly will not push your toes into the front of the shoe. The heels are genuinely engineered so they are balanced. You will pay through the nose for a pair. I save them and wear only for special times and they will last for years, plus shoe makers can replace the heel tips when needed. I have both a pair of Jimmy Choo and a pair of Prada.

They are an investment, but if you treat them kindly they will last a long time. Men learned this decades ago with their good dress shoes.

Boy that girl is going to have stories to share in a few years.

LOL< a lot of parents at her school have the kids taking those, it helps with hyperactivity as well as the rest.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Grab stuff and head for a fitting room, keep trying. That is what I do, fortunately, my DD has an amazing sense of style and can pick an outfit for me very well. I would lend her over, but is a bit of a distance.
    haha yeah. I understand that one.

My DS and I help DD with that. DS always understood style for himself and is a big critic of girls gone wrong. Fine line of looking good and looking like a poster for a vacant lamp post. As my son says there are girls ya date and girls you have a relationship with.

When in doubt, a little dress. Just so it isn't too "little". Want it to say hey look at me, not come and get it. Dresses at least you don't need to mix and match, hard to go wrong.

Shoes are an expensive fix. Save and invest in one pair of classically
    s*xy shoes in black. Very expensive shoes have excellent padding for the balls of your feet and if fitted correctly will not push your toes into the front of the shoe. The heels are genuinely engineered so they are balanced. You will pay through the nose for a pair. I save them and wear only for special times and they will last for years, plus shoe makers can replace the heel tips when needed. I have both a pair of Jimmy Choo and a pair of Prada.

They are an investment, but if you treat them kindly they will last a long time. Men learned this decades ago with their good dress shoes.
    For me, it's just the fact that I'm not the type of girl who wants everything hanging out everywhere. I like to make the guy question what's underneath all my clothes. Not make it easy for him to see.

I also look HORRID in skinny jeans. That's the huge fashion now and my calves and skinny jeans don't get along. :-/

I would love a pair of Jimmy Choos. I love all those shoes. I look at the website often wishing and dreaming for a pair!

I have a few pairs of shoes that I can wear for 4-5 hrs and not be in pain. It's the fact that I wait in line all day then have the concert all night. I should bring a pair of shoes for waiting in line and a pair for the show.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

haha yeah. I understand that one.

For me, it's just the fact that I'm not the type of girl who wants everything hanging out everywhere. I like to make the guy question what's underneath all my clothes. Not make it easy for him to see.

I also look HORRID in skinny jeans. That's the huge fashion now and my calves and skinny jeans don't get along. :-/

I would love a pair of Jimmy Choos. I love all those shoes. I look at the website often wishing and dreaming for a pair!

I have a few pairs of shoes that I can wear for 4-5 hrs and not be in pain. It's the fact that I wait in line all day then have the concert all night. I should bring a pair of shoes for waiting in line and a pair for the show.

try Old Navy jeans, there is a cut they call "The Sweetheart" that is flattering on us gals who happen to not be clothing hangar sized. I also bought a pair of boot cut Levi's Women's jeans at Penneys this weekend for $14.00, DH thinks they look amazing.
    As for heels, try the espadrille style or the platform style, they offer a bit more mid foot support and still look amazing. Especially with jeans.