Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 528 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 2842847851852652752852953053857862810281528 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by MandaBella Unfortunately, employers do not make it easy for many people to actually stay home when they are under the weather due to lack of sick time ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Unfortunately, employers do not make it easy for many people to actually stay home when they are under the weather due to lack of sick time and/or extremely strict attendance policy. I know many work places only give people 2 sick days a year and if these people are parents, chances are those 2 sick days are used when they need to stay home with a very sick child.
    Two is an odd number. I've heard of 2 personal days but 2 sick days are not the norm in this area. Laws govern that sick days can be used to care for an ill child as well as yourself here.

I do wish more people in general would stay home when they are ill, but I know that isn't feasible. And remember what may appear as a cold to you may actually be an allergic response, so therefore not contagious. I know this from many years of personal experience.
    My DD's campus is like that now. You really don't have the option of staying in bed with you want to do well. Their health service department does have a really good policy in place for ill students with paper dates, presentations, speeches etc if you are really sick. It prevents instructors from messing with students and if the instructors don't bidge the emergency dean takes on the staff. Have little tolerance for staff breaking policy. They also make it difficult for staff to reach tenure. They make the staff prove annually that they are worthy of their jobs every year, kinda like most of us.

My DD and I both have allergy issues. My DD's at times even mess with her breathing. Doc's tried to initially treat as asthma. Boy am I glad we are past those misdiagnosis'.

Boys!! My mom had the same rules for being home sick too! If you stayed home from work/school due to illness, you did NOT leave the house unless you were going to/from the doctor, hospital, and/or pharmacy. That was it. You were homebound. I still follow that rule today. And if you were feeling better, great....but your butt still stayed home!
    It depended on what they had. Sometimes they had pink eye, fifths disease, ear infections fevers etc. We have a lot of property and I'd let them go outside, just not with other kids. Frankly, even if they did have intestinal issues, the yard was a good place to burn off energy. Sitting still didn't make it cure quicker, they just needed to be able to get to a rest room pronto, which isn't always possible in a school setting. Our nurses had a quick trigger finger for sending students home, a pain in the butt and most times they wanted them home through the following day.

We were to give a detailed reason for why they were out when we called in. I never did. Too much info dangerous with them. What were they going to do to me?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    For me, it's just the fact that I'm not the type of girl who wants everything hanging out everywhere. I like to make the guy question what's underneath all my clothes. Not make it easy for him to see.
    Yes, the lamp post women.

I also look HORRID in skinny jeans. That's the huge fashion now and my calves and skinny jeans don't get along. :-/
    99% of women do not. It people like my DD 92# and 5'4' that do. Beyond that everyone should take a look in the mirror. Have you tried Express? Shapely ones but mask what should be masked.

I would love a pair of Jimmy Choos. I love all those shoes. I look at the website often wishing and dreaming for a pair!
    My Mom bought mine. Lucky me. But for things I really want that are pricey, I stash $30 here and there in an envelope until I have enough. It takes a while but fun when you get there. Kinda appreciate more too.

I have a few pairs of shoes that I can wear for 4-5 hrs and not be in pain. It's the fact that I wait in line all day then have the concert all night. I should bring a pair of shoes for waiting in line and a pair for the show.
    You wait in a line all day ???

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    LOL< a lot of parents at her school have the kids taking those, it helps with hyperactivity as well as the rest.
    Reminds me of the stories my Mom spoke of and CodLiver Oil.

Children under 5 should get 10-12 hours of sleep.

Teens and Children five and above should get 10 hours of sleep.

Hahaha. Between the coaches ideas of morning and evening practices, homework. That would happen how?

ThatGuyFromMD is offline Yes, I Am That Guy

I would LOVE a chance to prove that theory or disprove it.
    Haha... I hear you on that one. Is there anyway I can have all three right now????
    Carol Brown just took a bus out of town,
    But I'm hoping that you'll stick around

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Fake Son! Where the heck have ya been? Yesterday was worse here.

Face froze in a matter of minutes.
    Been meaning to get on lately, but just never got the chance to.

I went to my dad's Saturday night and we were at 5% propane until today (so little heat was being used) And ofcourse my room is on the corner where are the wind hits, 50 m.p.h winds. my room sounded like the house on the cliff in Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events.

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

DD back at school.

New eye glasses $304.00. Oy.
    I'm in such a need of glasses, my frames are so bad. I'd just keep the lens and replace the frames, but I'm still expecting that to be a lot. I'll just have to live with the headaches for now.

Given your current family situation, check and see if your area has a Lions Club. The overall reason for forming this particular club was to make sure all children had access to eye glasses and hearing assistance. The need has been so much less in the United States that many local Lions have started funding outside the states because nobody seems to take them up on their generosity. My DD was a Leo, which the Lions sponsor. They too did fund raisers etc., to make sure every kid had glasses that needed them.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Reminds me of the stories my Mom spoke of and CodLiver Oil.
    Well, it doesn't give them a "cleanse" but it does help make sure they go.

Children under 5 should get 10-12 hours of sleep.

Teens and Children five and above should get 10 hours of sleep.

Hahaha. Between the coaches ideas of morning and evening practices, homework. That would happen how?
    Did they offer suggestions as to how to make a child go to sleep? Cause DD goes to bed at 830P to 9PM, but sometimes lays in there awake for another hour.

Given your current family situation, check and see if your area has a Lions Club. The overall reason for forming this particular club was to make sure all children had access to eye glasses and hearing assistance. The need has been so much less in the United States that many local Lions have started funding outside the states because nobody seems to take them up on their generosity. My DD was a Leo, which the Lions sponsor. They too did fund raisers etc., to make sure every kid had glasses that needed them.

Our entire family donates their used glasses to the local Lions. Also, many eye Dr's here will trade out office cleaning or yard and parking lot services so teens can have decent glasses and frames.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Some days, I REALLY dislike being a female in my market. It is irritating for men to ask to speak to men, especially when those men have to turn around and ask me.

I DO, however, LOVE that DH does this in front of them-so they KNOW I have the information. But still, disrespected for being a woman in this day and age. ER>

Yep! And you want to make the sale so it is a slippery slope.

In my first career I felt like this too. And to the longshoreman and stevedores they kinda treated me like a pet rock. It was to my survival that I accepted that. I had to climb up and look into the hatches of these ships or go into the container yard to look at the shipping boxes or inspect a warehouse of steel coils weighing a couple thousand pounds. It was best that I was the novel pet rock, cause "accidents" happen in the shipping yards especially on the East Coast.

Did they offer suggestions as to how to make a child go to sleep? Cause DD goes to bed at 830P to 9PM, but sometimes lays in there awake for another hour.
    Ya can't make a kid fall asleep. I have always been one that can take an hour or more to fall asleep. I think it is because my bio clock makes me a night person. I work the best in late afternoon and even overnight if allowed to sleep in the morning. My son is the same way. DH, DD, just the opposite.

Our entire family donates their used glasses to the local Lions. Also, many eye Dr's here will trade out office cleaning or yard and parking lot services so teens can have decent glasses and frames.
    Lions turn over those eye glasses to Doc's that go overseas and treat children from foreign countries.

Here they will foot the bill for an exam and eyeglasses. I love our Lions Group that services our area.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Just wanted to say hi. It's been a bad day. I can't even begin to describe it. Let's just say that in addition to work BS, my husband's car is completely dead (clutch/transmission) and we don't have the roughly $1500 we need to fix it. Oh and it's warranty ran out 3 weeks ago.

I hope you are all well. Be good - soon I'll be able to breathe!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Yep! And you want to make the sale so it is a slippery slope.

In my first career I felt like this too. And to the longshoreman and stevedores they kinda treated me like a pet rock. It was to my survival that I accepted that. I had to climb up and look into the hatches of these ships or go into the container yard to look at the shipping boxes or inspect a warehouse of steel coils weighing a couple thousand pounds. It was best that I was the novel pet rock, cause "accidents" happen in the shipping yards especially on the East Coast.
    Yeah, it is a tightrope. Mostly we just deal, but blatantly ignoring me, or calling and asking for hubby only to find out what time we close the store for the day, that is really just irritating. I just try to let it go.

Lions turn over those eye glasses to Doc's that go overseas and treat children from foreign countries.

Here they will foot the bill for an exam and eyeglasses. I love our Lions Group that services our area.
    Ours is pretty good, here.

Bluck. They are saying the Music Downloads almost immediately skyrocketed in cost as Whitney's death was reported. They learned from Michael Jackson's death that there is money to be made when the famous pass away.