Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 587 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 8748753757758558658758858959763768710871587 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by BamaJenn Had the absolute weirdest thing happen to me this morning... I was driving into work and took the back road I take every day that let's ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Had the absolute weirdest thing happen to me this morning... I was driving into work and took the back road I take every day that let's me avoid some of the insanity on the main highway. Ahead of me I noticed a tall brown thing in the road. I moved to the right to go around it and as I passed, I realized the "thing" was a huge owl. He was just standing there... didn't even flinch when I drove around him. I got about 50 yards away and looked in my mirror to see him flying away (else I would've questioned if I was the butt of a joke with a toy owl or something). It was wild (no pun intended).

I went out to look at myths and superstitions re: owls. Either I'm going to die, have really bad luck, really great luck, come into money, have a newborn turn into a witch or I just saw an owl and it meant nothing.
    It means you saw an owl, who is very comfortable with his environment being full of cars, probably there was a small animal, freshly dead, that he was munching a few bits of.

Very, very odd though.

I love owls.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Good Morning, Amanda.

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

This is an interesting and environmentally responsible aquarium. We visited, it was pretty nice, but after staying at Atlantis Resort-it wasn't such a big deal.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Good Morning, Amanda.
    Good morning
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

This is an interesting and environmentally responsible aquarium. We visited, it was pretty nice, but after staying at Atlantis Resort-it wasn't such a big deal.
    I have heard great things about the Georgia Aquarium. It is on my list of places that I really need to look into regarding internships/job opportunities. Best friend is moving right outside Atlanta after she gets married in September, so I plan on going as a visitor if I don't do the internship thing.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I have heard great things about the Georgia Aquarium. It is on my list of places that I really need to look into regarding internships/job opportunities. Best friend is moving right outside Atlanta after she gets married in September, so I plan on going as a visitor if I don't do the internship thing.

Am acquaintance of mine has a daughter who just got a GBI job, and she is moving to Decatur. We go to Atlanta for wheel shows. It is a VERY responsible program-and they run several eco plans. There is also Gulf World in Panama City-they do a lot of rehab for natural disaster affected salt water (few fresh water) animals.

We like any program that has education, conservation, and rehab combined with entertainment. Only seems the responsible way to go.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

It means you saw an owl, who is very comfortable with his environment being full of cars, probably there was a small animal, freshly dead, that he was munching a few bits of.

Very, very odd though.

I love owls.
    Yeah I pretty much feel the same but it was such an odd occurrence... especially when you consider that owls are nocturnal aren't they? Owls are almost always associated with magic in some way so maybe it was just a sign that I'll have a magical day?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

WOW 4 hours later and no posts since... what's up with that?

Well... turns out that darn owl must be good luck! I just got a call from the Mini dealer and they said that the adjuster came out and approved a whole new transmission under our warranty (if it was the clutch it wasn't covered). So my bill to fix the hubby's car went from $1778 to $300. We're going to have them replace the cluth while they are in there we think (will just charge us parts and not labor) so that'll bring it to around $750. Still... that's saving us $1000 which was going to kill our ability to feed our family so YAY!!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I must say things are NUTS around here. Too much to do, not enough time to do it. But I didn't get two things off my To Do list- Five more huge things to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I must say things are NUTS around here. Too much to do, not enough time to do it. But I didn't get two things off my To Do list- Five more huge things to do though.
    FEEL YA!!! Soooooo feel ya!!!

This student better hurry up and get here or I am going and she will just be out of luck as far as her conference is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    FEEL YA!!! Soooooo feel ya!!!
    I know! I kept thinking things would get better but I got behind. That wasn't such a good thing. Paying for it now.

Well the day is almost over... just joined the last meeting. Have a wonderful night folks! Later!

wallfan329 is online now Working on becoming a Disney CPer

First Why I love you message went out!
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

OK, this is the part where the COMPLETELY hands-on, and ALSO overworked dad chimes in.
    I, ON PURPOSE, over all the years, because I love my wife and children busted my cheese WIDE open to be there for EVERYTHING I possibly could for my family.
    Shy, one HORRIBLE misstep (felt like I was just a prop and a paycheck, but no EXCUSE, and completely expect to be making, happily, up for it the rest of my life) I busted my* bells* EVERY day of my life (and still do) for my wife and children. When others were usin' there early Fridays off to head to the lake to get wasted, I was off to my kiddos school to play guitar or help with reading or other stuff. Not to mention all the other "you're the man, it's your responsibility stuff" I've always done...ALWAYS.
    I don't expect any pity fpr this rant, and BELIEVE me I could go on, but you ladies really seem to do A LOT of complainin' about your men on here, and I've mostly ignored it over the years.
    No offense. My turn to vent.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who