Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 591 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 9149154158158959059159259360164169110911591 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Thumper10 Ahhh, gotcha. It is probably best I keep my lips zipped on the rest of that matter. But good job to the girl for sticking with ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Ahhh, gotcha. It is probably best I keep my lips zipped on the rest of that matter. But good job to the girl for sticking with what she believed in, even though it makes her choices now extremely difficult.
    Ya, that is exactly where my DD and I have been for the last 5-6 months, we listen, we cry. Now we all wait. No matter where the little tyke goes "home" to, she is perfect and beautiful.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Okay- here is my rant for the day. My anatomy laboratory midterm is coming up next week & will be covering everything we have learned thus far. It is 50 questions- not bad at all considering the amount of material we have learned. This week we were introduced to all 206 bones in the body and are expected to learn all of their scientific names and locations within the body. We will not be quizzed over them- the only place we will see them is on the midterm. My rant is this- teacher says they will only account for 1/4 of the exam, so about 12 or 13 questions. Why the heck am I supposed to study 206 different bones/names/locations for 13 darn questions??? On top of all of the other material that I need to study...couldn't you have narrowed it down to even a quarter of that amount and highlighted which ones were more important?? If I try studying all of them, I will probably take nothing in..if I pick random ones to study, the ones I haven't studied will probably be the ones that show up on the test. Don't you think when introducing an amount of material this large, students should have more than 7 days to take it in and learn it? Oy. I am not normally one to complain about school work, I understand I am in my final semester of college and the work load will not be light...but seriously, this plan really doesn't seem as though it was thought out.
    Ugh. Even if it is only 1/4 of your grade that 1/4 could certainly break you. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around instructors like that. My DD had one in one of her math classes last semester. He kept teaching right up to the Final, with only one day between and that material was on the final. No way of knowing if she grasped the material.

Oy is right. More Pixie Dust.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Had the absolute weirdest thing happen to me this morning... I was driving into work and took the back road I take every day that let's me avoid some of the insanity on the main highway. Ahead of me I noticed a tall brown thing in the road. I moved to the right to go around it and as I passed, I realized the "thing" was a huge owl. He was just standing there... didn't even flinch when I drove around him. I got about 50 yards away and looked in my mirror to see him flying away (else I would've questioned if I was the butt of a joke with a toy owl or something). It was wild (no pun intended).

I went out to look at myths and superstitions re: owls. Either I'm going to die, have really bad luck, really great luck, come into money, have a newborn turn into a witch or I just saw an owl and it meant nothing.
    Isn't that unnerving! They are big birds. We have a lot of big birds around here, many forests so, hawks, owls, their wing spans are amazing. I'm not a bird person but it is so cool to see those wings spread out. If I am remembering correctly, there is about 6 eagles that have made there home right outside of a library for the last few weeks. Eagles we don't see a lot of, so six would be amazing.
    People are driving to see the latest tourist attraction. They can just go in the library and look out the huge plate glass window and watch the eagles. I did think about driving there but ultimately didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post

Hi everyone!! Figured I'd stop by while I had some "free" time before my meetings start. How is everyone today?
    Hey Jenn? You had free time? When is your big project at work suppose to end?

And then I make the mistake of reading my email before I go to sleep. I get this from my girlfriend. Her son is my DD's age.

Matt forgets key, so instead of waiting or getting the key from neighbor he decides to climb through basement window and the glass breaks. Went through 2 tendons, an artery, chipped a bone and had to have major surgery and 100 stitches. Then had post surgery problems, a pulmonary edema and phenomena How are your kids doing?

Oy. On that note. Time for sleep.

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy

most of the rants on here shoulda been in the dark side thread
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yep. Breaks my heart. She has gone back and forth. I've known her and her sis since they were little tots on our swim club along with their parents. She obviously didn't get to swim this year and was a state swimmer. She, no matter what she decides will likely not get back up to scholarship level. The Father, a year older, is off to college in the fall, continuing on with his life and accepting his scholarship.

She needs all the prayers and pixie the world can send right now.
    Well, bless her heart, either way it is the right decision for her. Hope her and her family have peace in the decision making process. And with the outcome.

It is never easy, but if she decides to keep the baby, i hope he contributes in some way.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Good Morning! Today is wonderful!
    Last edited by disneymaniac87; 02-23-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

This is my current emotion though: askjdhfaweuirasdfkjhmnb
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

Some days.. I just don't want to do ANYTHING!

At least the weather is beautiful here today. That somewhat makes up for things!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

My in laws are on their way to Orlando, where they will over night and drive to Miami to board the ship on Saturday morning. My MIL acted as if they would never see us again. I hope they have fun.

The weather is cloudy here, but warm and there are bursts of bright sunshine. Hope the cold is over for several months.

I hope the cold is over forever!!!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Have a meeting today with an attorney to find out about divorce/child custody/support....keep me in your prayers and thoughts! Fingers crossed all goes well!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    Have a meeting today with an attorney to find out about divorce/child custody/support....keep me in your prayers and thoughts! Fingers crossed all goes well!!
    P&P Coming your way!! Ugh... lawyers... I'm dealing with one now who doesn't seem to want to have to work for the $1600 she's charging me. Trying to figure that out.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe