Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 603 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 10350355359360160260360460561365370311031603 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Thumper10 Trying to decide what to make for dinner that is not meat...I am thinking perogis. Now I need a somethin' to go with it. Shrimp sauteed ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Trying to decide what to make for dinner that is not meat...I am thinking perogis. Now I need a somethin' to go with it.

Shrimp sauteed with green onions and butter are super good with peroogi's.

Browned butter with celery and onions is also delicious with them.

Asparagus, broccoli, and a mix of peppers-fabulous.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

And, of course, the beloved Portabella mushroom, pan seared.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I am sleepy... Just toke a 30 minute nap and still sleepy. I am so glad it is friday.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Anyone else seen this?

Anything is possible, if we put our minds to it. - The National Geographic Channel, a team of scientists, engineers and two world class balloon pilots successfully launched a house measuring 16 feet by 16 feet and 18 feet high, using 300 eight-foot coloured weather balloons from a private airfield east of Los Angeles. The launch – inspired by the Disney/Pixar film “Up” – set a new world record for the largest balloon cluster flight ever attempted. The house and balloons measured more than 10 storeys high and reached an altitude of over 10,000 feet, flying for approximately one hour. The record will be part of a new National Geographic Channel series called “How Hard Can It Be?” which will premiere in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV6rN...feature=relmfu

SO cool!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Shrimp sauteed with green onions and butter are super good with peroogi's.

Browned butter with celery and onions is also delicious with them.

Asparagus, broccoli, and a mix of peppers-fabulous.
    HA. I so wish I would eat all that, but I am way too picky. I am not a seafood eater and definitely not a fan of vegetables. I know, I know, they're good for you.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I am sleepy... Just toke a 30 minute nap and still sleepy. I am so glad it is friday.
    I snuck a nap in today too. A heck of a lot longer than 30 minutes. It was counter-productive but sure felt good.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And late last night DD sent me a picture of the baby born a few nights ago along with her name, weight, etc. By the FB post it would appear babe and mom when they leave the hospital, will be leaving together.
    Aw, good luck to them. Hope dad somehow finds his way into the picture.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Well, aside from those choices, I have no clue what else to put with those. Maybe a hummus, or sliced avocado? Or, french fries. French fries with those actually sounds rather amazing.

Well french fries sound good, but I am a little hungry.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Well we are a gullible society. Lining up of a Nike Galaxy gym shoes for $220.00/limited addition shoes that glow in the dark. Heck, twenty years ago my kids had shoes that glowed, not exactly high tech.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    Yeah definitely, but her PR hasn't really said anything about it though.. IT's like whatever.. she did it. It seems like, for the most part, something like that is a BIT more acceptable in England
    Ya, they have, her apologies are all over the media and web. Though I admit, I have never been to England and just never thought of this being Okie Dokie over there. Interesting. It does show you have people have class one moment and don't the next.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Bet she was tired after the 6th or 7th, but good for her on staying with it and not needing a c section. Many dogs need c sections-HERE-I think owners get tired of the sitting and waiting and mess, maybe that is why HERE they have so many.
    I have not seen a trend of that up here. Trending in ultra sounds though. As much of a Dog Person I am, I cannot wrap my brain around all these things people do with pets medically.

Yesterday on the news it was reported that peoples dogs in the Chicagoland area have the worst dental hygiene anywhere. First, who collects that data. Two, we have more and more humans that cannot afford to go to the dentist, how is that not the special report?

An ex football coaches son was sitting in his car, not driving on private property in his complex. A police officer removed him from the car and gave him a breath test and arrested him for DUI.

Today the judge threw the case out. Reasoning, he wasn't driving, officer had no reasonable reason or evidence to remove him from the car or have him submit to a breath test for driving under the influence.

I guess that is what the D in the DUI stands for in the judges mind.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

There is also a business double standard. When hubby calls a company manager to ask for better service, he is being a businessman, when I call to ask for better service, I am considered to be "being pms-y, or B****y.

I understand that and am always SUPER polite about it. Have to laugh at the way it truly is "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

LOL, I find the humor in it, and just keep going.
    Very true. Hubby and I went to buy a van. The guy ignored me. Totally ignored me. We didn't buy from them. Went by myself to a dealership and was treated wonderfully. Guess who we bought our van from. Some of these "old viewed" men better change things up.

Oh- the van quit working today. Went to lunch and when I went out to the car, it wouldn't start. But it isn't electrical this time. Maybe fuel filter (which is in the gas tank according to what we found out) or the fuel pump. Something's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    One of my co-workers that teaches science was told that she couldn't teach science because she's a woman. She should be teaching Kindergarten not science. Women aren't as smart, the man said. How degrading.

My aunt taught biology for over 30 years. Taught honors courses. She would have told that man a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Rev. Brooks of Chicago was sick of the drugs and guns in areas of Chicago streets. One abandoned hotel has been a den for drugs and drug dealers. His dream was to knock it down and build a community building as an alternative place for local residents to hang and have some out-reach. Yet could not find financial support for this mission. So on November 22 he climbed up on the roof of the motel with a a tent and and made a vow not to come down until he raised the $450,000.00 needed.

A Christian businessman today made an anonymous $85,000 today that put motel within about $90,000.00 of getting the Rev off the roof. Tyler Perry, promoting his movie being released today, heard, asked the news team which has been constantly following the roof top story, if the news team had vetted the project. The news team confirmed. 'Heck if you've vetted it, I'll give him the $98,000.00 (which actually will put the motel project $13,000 over targeted amount).

Rev. will come down around 6pm so all his supporters since Nov 22 can join him in the celebration.
    I like this story.