Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 605 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 10550555559560360460560660761565570511051605 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs My aunt taught biology for over 30 years. Taught honors courses. She would have told that man a thing or two. Ya, my DD had a ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    My aunt taught biology for over 30 years. Taught honors courses. She would have told that man a thing or two.
    Ya, my DD had a 4th grade teacher that was along that mentality also. They had 6 gifted kids (hate term, but I didn't name the program) and they assigned them different enrichment assignments. She would divide them up by the Math Boys and the Reading Girls. When I questioned her she explained to me that she was a professional and she was taught how reason with parents that were unaccepted of their child's limitations and if I accepted it or not my DD's area of Giftedness wasn't math. There was never a placement test my DD took from 1st grade through high school that my DD didn't score in the 99 percentile in Math.
    That teacher would never pass the basic skills test.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

92 on February 24th.
    Wonder what our high will be this year on August 24th?
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Well you have some time to prepare for that interview. I know you know your marine mammals, how well versed are you in Conservation Education?
    Hopefully well enough, lol. I've been working for the parks department for my town for four years, so that provides me with some experience. I've also done volunteering at an elementary school teaching the kids about conservation. Surprisingly enough, the Conservation Education description for the Seas really wasn't all that different than the Marine Mammal one.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    PI interview is scheduled for Thursday, March 9 at 10 am. It is going to cover Conservation Education at AK and Epcot. Hoping I also get an interview for the marine mammal position 'cause that's the one I REALLY want. Or maybe they will surprise me and cover that one in the same interview.
    Good luck!
    Fingers crossed that it all goes well for ya'!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Crazy day today. Took the boy to school. Filled up my car. Went home and went back to bed (folded three loads of laundry before). Got up and got ready because today was faculty meeting day. So I took myself out to eat because I wanted to. Got out to the van and it wouldn't start. Had to call hubby. He has no idea why. Got the mom and step dad to come and hang out with me and decide what to do. Had to get a tow truck to take it to the mechanics- Well- really it was a flatbed. But now my sweet van is back in its second home.

Got my mom's van so that I can take the boys to their winter carnival! Yay!
    I love Winter Carnivals. We have them too. (better though because ours is a town event, our beverages are better than what schools can serve.)

Sorry about the Van. This is where we are with my truck this year. I do know that it really does need to go but.........

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

OK...
    Time to close this joint up.
    Y'all have a good'n!
    Laterrrrrrr...!!!
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    What is acceptable in one country, isn't necessarily acceptable in another. For example, what you consider swearing, is different to what we consider swearing to be.

OK, so I am lost. What did that gesture mean then? Obviously something different than it means in the States.

It's currently 98 here. Make it stop
    It is so darn cold and snowy here, yet 98 is too dang hot for me. Is it humid there also?

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Good luck!
    Fingers crossed that it all goes well for ya'!
    Thanks!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Mrs.Band Director is going to mad at me.
    Back in like September my family bought tickets to see a play a month. In March we are seeing Memphis. The night we have tickets for is the same night as our contest for band. We can not switch tickets because we switched show days for Million Dollar Quartet and Hair and we can only switch twice. So today we found that the band is playing at 5:30. Which means by 6:00 I will be done. Here is where the issue comes in Mrs.Band Director says we need to stay to support the other band which plays at like 740. Memphis starts at 730. The other issue is even though I already performed and will not be doing anything I will lose points because I am supporting the other band... I really do not care about the other band. No offence to them. Half the times they are not there to see us perform.
    Ugh Mrs.Band Director is on my list of strongly disliked people.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    So the girl who destroyed my fort yesterday...pretty much copied my essay without my permission =/.

On another note... I am finally watching Hawaii 5=0 and Apolo is so great in it.
    My DD fell victim to this too. It ticks ya off. She learned never to let anyone look at her work or projects until it hit the teachers hand. Also Science Projects topics were never shared cause they got stolen. Worse, she also learned not to share what she was going to be for Halloween. Some girls are nasty about lifting other peoples ideas.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    My DD fell victim to this too. It ticks ya off. She learned never to let anyone look at her work or projects until it hit the teachers hand. Also Science Projects topics were never shared cause they got stolen. Worse, she also learned not to share what she was going to be for Halloween. Some girls are nasty about lifting other peoples ideas.
    I did not even like let her see my work... I left my notebook open with my notes on my desk when I went to my locker and I guess she saw them... then she texted me asking me what I was doing mine on and I was like Gold Rush and next thing I know she is doing the same thing.

I have about had it with this girl.
    She laughs at me for dressing up for halloween/spirit week.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I did not even like let her see my work... I left my notebook open with my notes on my desk when I went to my locker and I guess she saw them... then she texted me asking me what I was doing mine on and I was like Gold Rush and next thing I know she is doing the same thing.

I have about had it with this girl.
    She laughs at me for dressing up for halloween/spirit week.
    Yep, in some ways you will really miss high school and in other ways you are so ready to move on.

That's not on.
    I love that sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Mom is spending the whole weekend at my gramma's house, so I suppose I am in charge of dinner again tomorrow night. Nate wants to try a Yak n Yeti recipe.
    I wanta come for Yak n Yeti food. Which entree did he pick out?

Does Gramma live far that she is spending the weekend? Every once-in-a-blue-moon my kids cook a meal.