Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 607 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 10750755759760560660760860961765770711071607 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by tiggerguy hey gang you gave me a work out today with all your postings I have noticed that the first post and last post on a page ...
  1. #9091
    Evilduckqueen's Avatar
    Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    hey gang

    you gave me a work out today with all your postings

    I have noticed that the first post and last post on a page are the ones that are "squished'

    yesterday 55 degrees today about an inch or so of wet heavy snow

    Sera: 100 degrees with dry heat is still hot but a little easier to take than humid heat
    Gotta keep you on your toes Brian

    It's meant to drop down to 91 tomorrow, then 71 and thunderstorms for Monday. I can't wait for Monday.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

  2. #9092
    wallfan329's Avatar
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,215

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Our kids swim team had the same rules. Start to finish they were a unit, no exceptions. Yet if a parent in private contacted the Coach he usually made exceptions. In this case you are leaving to expand your appreciation for the Arts.

    At a certain point family counts and so does family plans. I never cared what the teachers had to say when I took my kids out of school for Disney. Those memories are so vivid. What they learned in that now small window of their education, didn't amount to much.
    She does this thing where she yells at the student in front of everyone or really loud so everyone can hear when you confront her about stuff like this.
    I remember last year my brother toke me to see a band that I love and it was a Thursday night I had practice. It was part of my birthday present and my mom emailed our other band director about it and he was like oh that cool I will let her out. Then I went to remind him about it during class that day and she went off on me. She pretty much told me that I was not committed to the program and how dare I leave practice early. That was the first night practice I have ever left early.
    Then in 2009 she yelled at me because I went to Magic Meets and had to leave early to get there. I pretty much told her to her face that Disney meant more to me then band did and we were not doing anything because it was picture day.
    She yells at me a lot for the stupidest stuff.
    She also screamed at my friend because she is missing 2 events because she has the chance to go to England.
    Like in November we had practice after school one day and the field commanders mom told my mom that practice was being changed so my mom text her about. Well she went into me about how I should not be telling people lies and how did I find out and who did I tell and did my mom tell me and when did you find out. While I was standing there replying I do not know what you are talking about, my mom did not say a word, I am not lying. So I went straight my mom after that happened (great thing about mom working in the school, I can just say I have to the restroom and go talk to her) and my pretty much told her It was not me it was the field commander and how she should not treat me like that and when I say I do not know it means I do not know (well in some cases) and how if she does that again my mom is going to our principle and reporting her.

    As you can tell I do not really like Mrs. Band Director.

    The worst part is that Mr.Band Director has to retire at the end of May so for final all 110 of us have to deal with Mrs.Band Director and we have to only deal with her for the first couple days of summer band then Mr. Band Director is suppose to be getting rehired.(Ohio teaching law says if you are retiring and then getting rehired you have to be gone for 2 months. )

    Sorry for this long rant about her.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

  3. #9093
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Ugh, I had a few of the same experiences. I can vividly remember telling my 3rd grade science teacher ahead of time that I was going to be missing school for a week and was hoping I could get my homework in advance. She proceeded to yell at me in front of the whole class and told me that "my parents were stupid for planning a vacation during the school year when that is what summer vacation was for". I was never one to be yelled at in school and holy cow did she scare me and make me cry. My mom had a few choice things to say to her when she found out.

    Then in my junior year we had a Disney vacation planned. Told my AP bio teacher ahead of time and she flipped out on me too. I had a paper that was supposed to be signed by all of my teachers saying that I had spoken with them and they had given me the work I was supposed to complete. She refused to sign it and said they I couldn't go. Excuse me?? Mom had a nice talk with her the next day also and told her that nobody but herself would be saying what her daughter could and could not do. I still think of that teacher and cringe..she was a total nut. Hated that bio class more than any of them that I have had in college.
    Yep, almost exactly the situations I had with teachers too. I heard those lines of what vacations were for also. Some (not all) teachers live in their own little worlds. We planned our vacations around the times of year we as a family could afford and also the weeks that my DH was allowed to be gone from work. He has 4 weeks however there are black out times. As my DH told one, he did not have the luxury of a job with 10 weeks off in the summer, 2 weeks at Christmas and 10 days at Spring break.

    When they got to high school everything was weeks out online for assignments. I just called them in sick. It was easier to lie. It taught my kids honesty gets you no where and sometimes a lie was the only way. Ugh. Other teachers were so accommodating. We bolted the last 10 days of school one year, the year AK opened. My sons teacher 5th grade, oh thats fine, he wont have any work to do in advance or make up. We are really done already. DD same year but in Kindergarten, 'well I wont have a report card ready for her. Me, I don't need one. The kid could read chapter books in kindergarten I didn't really need to read her report card. Plus it was strange, all it was not meeting, meeting or exceeding expectations. It would have been too tough for her to fill out. May 4 minutes tops, at best.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  4. #9094
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I think I am coming down with a cold I've been sneezing all day, and my blowing my nose..
    Summer colds are just wrong! Feel better.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  5. #9095
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    No, it wouldn't. It seems that it is more accepting of musicians, than anyone else. More so, with the English ones (from what I've gathered).
    Well I think I've learned more from you than I learned in a semester of World Cultures!

    Maybe we found you a new career, you can be a University Instructor for World Cultures and likely more interesting than the monotoned one I had.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  6. #9096
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    hey gang

    you gave me a work out today with all your postings

    I have noticed that the first post and last post on a page are the ones that are "squished'
    We like to keep the voices in your head busy Brian.

    Ya, I've noted that each time a new post is added to a page, the new one is squished and the one above it goes from un-squished to stretched. Vewry Vewry stwarange.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  7. #9097
    Evilduckqueen's Avatar
    Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Well I think I've learned more from you than I learned in a semester of World Cultures!

    Maybe we found you a new career, you can be a University Instructor for World Cultures and likely more interesting than the monotoned one I had.
    It's just my observations. Whenever I have seen an article on a fair number of English rock bands, about their recent antics, it doesn't surprise, and the English & the Australian media, generally don't make a huge fuss over it. It's like it is expected.
    Justin Bieber on the other hand, is a different story. I think because his music is aimed at tweens and young teens, that because of his 'clean cut' image, it is a shock when he does something as stupid as a hand gesture at Disneyland. The American media tends to blow things out waaaay out of proportion.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

  8. #9098
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    She does this thing where she yells at the student in front of everyone or really loud so everyone can hear when you confront her about stuff like this.
    I remember last year my brother toke me to see a band that I love and it was a Thursday night I had practice. It was part of my birthday present and my mom emailed our other band director about it and he was like oh that cool I will let her out. Then I went to remind him about it during class that day and she went off on me. She pretty much told me that I was not committed to the program and how dare I leave practice early. That was the first night practice I have ever left early.
    Then in 2009 she yelled at me because I went to Magic Meets and had to leave early to get there. I pretty much told her to her face that Disney meant more to me then band did and we were not doing anything because it was picture day.
    She yells at me a lot for the stupidest stuff.
    She also screamed at my friend because she is missing 2 events because she has the chance to go to England.
    Like in November we had practice after school one day and the field commanders mom told my mom that practice was being changed so my mom text her about. Well she went into me about how I should not be telling people lies and how did I find out and who did I tell and did my mom tell me and when did you find out. While I was standing there replying I do not know what you are talking about, my mom did not say a word, I am not lying. So I went straight my mom after that happened (great thing about mom working in the school, I can just say I have to the restroom and go talk to her) and my pretty much told her It was not me it was the field commander and how she should not treat me like that and when I say I do not know it means I do not know (well in some cases) and how if she does that again my mom is going to our principle and reporting her.

    As you can tell I do not really like Mrs. Band Director.

    The worst part is that Mr.Band Director has to retire at the end of May so for final all 110 of us have to deal with Mrs.Band Director and we have to only deal with her for the first couple days of summer band then Mr. Band Director is suppose to be getting rehired.(Ohio teaching law says if you are retiring and then getting rehired you have to be gone for 2 months. )

    Sorry for this long rant about her.
    That is fine. The one thing I know about our school music people is every last one of the ones we have are overly passionate about their music, some to excess. Most forget this is a small part of your education not your entire life, like it is their profession not yours. Your profession is student, they often forget that.

    People have disagreements, or views but when they totally melt down like that and go off like a lune, likely there is more going on in their life. Either they have personal issues you are not aware of or even suffering from some sort of depression and take it out on other people. They tend to zero in on one or just a few. What I do in cases like that and have taught my kids is to make eye contact and just listen saying as little as possible. They will keep trying to engage you in stupid war of words, try to resist and ignore. Eventually they have to realize they have made a major *ss of themselves in front of many people vs making one of you. Then calm usually comes over them. I can't say it will end the stupid wig outs because they tend to have issues unrelated to the conversation, but it can normally defuse it long enough to break their ridiculous outbursts.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  9. #9099
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    It's just my observations. Whenever I have seen an article on a fair number of English rock bands, about their recent antics, it doesn't surprise, and the English & the Australian media, generally don't make a huge fuss over it. It's like it is expected.
    Justin Bieber on the other hand, is a different story. I think because his music is aimed at tweens and young teens, that because of his 'clean cut' image, it is a shock when he does something as stupid as a hand gesture at Disneyland. The American media tends to blow things out waaaay out of proportion.
    I think we have different expectations for wholesome entertainers. We have our share of weird rockers etc. But when you have a "Disney" type entertainer that is marketed as child friendly and then pull something like that at Disneyland, in front of children and families, it just doesn't go over well with the public or the media here. He, like so many child stars seems to be tanking his teeny bopper image and trying to cross over to adult. Unfortunately, that isn't his market. Most adults are not his fan base. Unfortunately he is at that tender age that he believes he knows it all and scuffs at advice of veteran handlers. At least he has money to fall back on if he too blows his career.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-25-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  10. #9100
    Evilduckqueen's Avatar
    Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    I meant it was stupid of him to do the hand gesture. He should know better.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

  11. #9101
    eeyore79's Avatar
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL-TOO far from WDW!
    Posts
    1,928

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    I am just so ready for DIsney, its ridiculous. I really miss that place. I miss it so much.. I want to move down there so I don't have to miss it.

    totally understand and feel the same way!!!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

    http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

    Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

    TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

  12. #9102
    eeyore79's Avatar
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL-TOO far from WDW!
    Posts
    1,928

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    anyone watch the show tonight on hgtv??

    it was amazing how they redid the kids rooms and the backyard!!

    just laughed though cause the parents were talking bout how they didnt have enough money to finish their yard, but yet, they vacation at yayght and beach club with 5 kids under 6! though they do live in florida so they may have dvc or something.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

    http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

    Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

    TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

  13. #9103
    eeyore79's Avatar
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL-TOO far from WDW!
    Posts
    1,928

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    going tomorrow after dds ballet class to build a bear to let her make a muppet!! then going next door to the disney store!!! then to my neices in the afternoon for her dds 6th bday
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

    http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

    Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

    TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

  14. #9104
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    anyone watch the show tonight on hgtv??

    it was amazing how they redid the kids rooms and the backyard!!

    just laughed though cause the parents were talking bout how they didnt have enough money to finish their yard, but yet, they vacation at yayght and beach club with 5 kids under 6! though they do live in florida so they may have dvc or something.
    A DVC is still a big chunk of change even if you live in Florida. I sometimes wonder how some people pull off the high end vacations like that. And what exactly do they have in their 5 kids college funds since college tuition is doubling every ten years.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  15. #9105
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I meant it was stupid of him to do the hand gesture. He should know better.
    Right? You'd think some of them would learn after watching so many child actors and musicians crashing, but history keeps repeating itself.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Similar Threads

  1. First post in thread not being displayed correctly
    By doconeill in forum Technical Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 05:45 PM
  2. Videos from The Adventurer's Club! Share your experiences...
    By Jaxum in forum Trip Reports & Member Reviews
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 03:43 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 12:56 PM
  4. Emails from thread replies
    By MandaBella in forum Technical Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 09:55 PM
  5. WDW Trip - Nov 6-14 POFQ (Part 1)
    By mattlori in forum Trip Reports & Member Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •