Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 622 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 12252257261262062162262362463267272211221622 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Keasmom Why are you sad. I believe he, as a Dad was being equally as sad as we all were for the Cleveland area school....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Why are you sad.
    I believe he, as a Dad was being equally as sad as we all were for the Cleveland area school.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Howdy gang!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I just bought upholstery material from JoAnn's for my bedroom, the kind that is sold on the spindle. It is really thick and like that yarn material that they make pillows out of and has fringe at the sides. Rods got hung yesterday, Now all I have to do is make them...someday. Really have to be in the mood for that.

Best thing the material was on clearance and was exactly what I had been looking for. Happy Dance.
    That is great. It is super to have a plan and the stuff to do a room with.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Howdy gang!
    Howdy Steve

I've sold 2 suits, 2 shirts, a vest, 3 ties and a hem today, so far, with about 50 mins. left 'til close!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Howdy Steve
    Hey Chris!
    ~ you know who

That is great. It is super to have a plan and the stuff to do a room with.
    It is great, but not timely. I actually remodeled this room about two years ago. We have odd windows in that room. Actually we have odd windows throughout the house but this room is by far the worst configuration. I could not figure out what I wanted to do with them, so I did nothing. I had those temp folding shade all this time. I finally figured out what to design for them. Then had problems finding appropriate material, that stuff is 'spensive. So it all finally came together.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Our county does a Co-op with all the high school and they all feed into the co-op. It is an amazing facility that houses everything from auto, tool and die, to cake making to beauty school. So many choices. It is like a community college setting, yet it is high school.
    That is how the one at my school is.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Our schools opted not to do lockdown drills ever. It is the flip of the coin but so many times it is students that are the gunman. Staff and board decided it was better to train the staff and have a plan in place in conjunction with the sheriff. The do the drills when students are off during institute. Thought it was wiser that the potential student didn't know the safety plan and know how to thwart it or where the students would be hiding.

That is smart. I just wish they would tell the students before it happens
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Thank you Steve, I know it's there just time is needed. The agency I called fri left me an email to call. I did but no call back, DH told me to wait & just take some time off. Nice of him, he wants me close to home.
    Yep, sweet of him.
    Sometimes it's just best to, if ya' can afford it, call time out and regroup for a bit.
    Even with all the sales I had today at my new gig, I gotta' say, it's boring the beans outta' me.
    I know it's out there, but I just don't know what it is yet...or, maybe, deep down I do and it just hasn't really surfaced yet?! But I ain't gettin' any younger and it's really gettin' frustrating.
    ~ you know who

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Hi all!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Our county does a Co-op with all the high school and they all feed into the co-op. It is an amazing facility that houses everything from auto, tool and die, to cake making to beauty school. So many choices. It is like a community college setting, yet it is high school.
    Our high school in Texas was like that, we had "VoTech" on campus. So all of that was right there.

This area allows students to go to the Community college which has the standard 2 year courses, and several vocational courses of study as well. Grades must be maintained to stay in the program. Lots of our seniors(public school) graduate with some college courses already done.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Had 2 exams today- I think the immunology one was the hardest test I have had thus far in my college career. Don't even want to know what the final exam is going to look like. But for now, I am just happy it is over.

Was going to use the majority of tomorrow to study for my anatomy laboratory midterm, but I got called in to substitute teach after class, so that will have to wait.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    That is smart. I just wish they would tell the students before it happens
    We don't tell the students. We tell the parents during curriculum night. We ask that they, when the time is good to talk with their kids about emergency situations like this how important it is to follow instructions and try to be as level headed as possible in a bad situation. It seems like whenever discussions like this are in a school setting it seems to raise fear in students and also good intention false reports of odd behavior by students. Just seems to work better dealing with the parents and the parent knowing their own kids and how and when to have this awful discussion.

The other bad conversations in a school setting is s*xual harassment and bullying. Reports sky-rocket right after these talks by at least triple. Oy.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Yep, sweet of him.
    Sometimes it's just best to, if ya' can afford it, call time out and regroup for a bit.
    Even with all the sales I had today at my new gig, I gotta' say, it's boring the beans outta' me.
    I know it's out there, but I just don't know what it is yet...or, maybe, deep down I do and it just hasn't really surfaced yet?! But I ain't gettin' any younger and it's really gettin' frustrating.
    Personable, well spoken, and smart men get car sales jobs here-there is a LOT to be made at the dealerships