Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 623 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 12352357361362162262362462563367372311231623 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Keasmom Our high school in Texas was like that, we had "VoTech" on campus. So all of that was right there. This area allows students to go ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Our high school in Texas was like that, we had "VoTech" on campus. So all of that was right there.

This area allows students to go to the Community college which has the standard 2 year courses, and several vocational courses of study as well. Grades must be maintained to stay in the program. Lots of our seniors(public school) graduate with some college courses already done.
    That's how my high school worked. We had the area career center where students who didn't plan on going to college could go to learn a trade or other things. Then we had the option for college bound seniors to start early and earn a few credits. Or you could earn college credit through taking AP classes in high school. Helped me out and saved me the $$ of having to take the courses once I got into college.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Had 2 exams today- I think the immunology one was the hardest test I have had thus far in my college career. Don't even want to know what the final exam is going to look like. But for now, I am just happy it is over.

Was going to use the majority of tomorrow to study for my anatomy laboratory midterm, but I got called in to substitute teach after class, so that will have to wait.
    Whatcha teaching?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    we ended up going to chilis...yum!! the 1st golden corral we went to was waaayyyy overcrowded, then the 2nd one my niece saw her ex going in so we nixed that. then we were gonna go to longhorn steakhouse but that was too pricey for us. so chilis it was and it was soo yummy. we did the $35 deal with a margarita each, appitizer, entree, and split desert. wow. we even brought home some leftovers. plus my mom and kay ate most of their food. yum.

now hopefully we will be motivated to start our workout tomorrow afternoon. gonna try p90x beginner level and imma look for my biggest loser dvd too. gotta get serious.
    p90x is a really good good workout. Coach used to make us do it in preseason conditioning for basketball. I still do it sometimes to try to stay in shape. It is not easy at first, but if you stick with it you warm up to it. I was shocked at how difficult even the yoga was when I first started...not necessarily the positions, but the stamina that it involved...I didn't realize you needed that much stamina for yoga.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Whatcha teaching?
    Kindergarten, so I'll have fun. K through 2 are my favorite grades to do when they call me.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Score!
    Just sold another tie!

OK gang...
    I gotta' get this place vacuumed before close, so I'm off.
    Have a geeeeeeerate one!
    Laterrrrrrr...!!!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

That's how my high school worked. We had the area career center where students who didn't plan on going to college could go to learn a trade or other things. Then we had the option for college bound seniors to start early and earn a few credits. Or you could earn college credit through taking AP classes in high school. Helped me out and saved me the $$ of having to take the courses once I got into college.
    Ya, my DD took her share of AP classes. The one thing she said is the HS AP classes are harder than than most of the actual College Courses. The amount of reading required in the AP classes is so much more than in the college courses. And then you have to pay to take the test too.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I have had the same headache for days...I so wish I could get rid of it.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

We don't tell the students. We tell the parents during curriculum night. We ask that they, when the time is good to talk with their kids about emergency situations like this how important it is to follow instructions and try to be as level headed as possible in a bad situation. It seems like whenever discussions like this are in a school setting it seems to raise fear in students and also good intention false reports of odd behavior by students. Just seems to work better dealing with the parents and the parent knowing their own kids and how and when to have this awful discussion.

The other bad conversations in a school setting is s*xual harassment and bullying. Reports sky-rocket right after these talks by at least triple. Oy.
    \
    I have long thought a box or other place to annonymously alert staff to a bullying/s** type thing, would be a great way to alert with no track backs to emails, no onames for mean admins to share-just a place to drop in a note so staff is aware there IS a situation, and can address it as neutrally as possible. That way-none of them are blindsided. having no way to track back to one student would be preferable.

Just a quick, "hey, saw or heard this a few days in a row, might want to pay attention so it doesn't become something" kind of thing.

That school fight in Cali with the two 10 year olds fighting off campus over a boy-turns out a lot of the kids knew about it, none of them thought to tell a teacher. Mostly for fear of getting it next.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Ya, my DD took her share of AP classes. The one thing she said is the HS AP classes are harder than than most of the actual College Courses. The amount of reading required in the AP classes is so much more than in the college courses. And then you have to pay to take the test too.
    I agree. I took AP biology, Calculus, and English in high school...all of them had far more work to do and were tougher in high school than the similar classes I took in college. But they really prepared me for college, so when I got there it wasn't bad at all. And I loved my hs calc & english teachers and they really took the time to make sure we understood and would succeed.

Yes, the AP tests weren't cheap and they definitely tested your knowledge. Not fun stuff.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Had 2 exams today- I think the immunology one was the hardest test I have had thus far in my college career. Don't even want to know what the final exam is going to look like. But for now, I am just happy it is over.

Was going to use the majority of tomorrow to study for my anatomy laboratory midterm, but I got called in to substitute teach after class, so that will have to wait.
    Do you think you passed your exams?

The AP's at DD's school works like that. I think the public schools here do as well, since they offer the dual enrollment. We have a 4 year, as well, the local extension of Troy University, where they can take a few more challenging courses. Plus it gets them a head start on the course work, in case they need remedials, which appears to be a big issue with several of the grads.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Do you think you passed your exams?
    Passed, yes I think so. I think I did pretty well on my anatomy exam- hoping for an A. Really have no idea what I might have scored on the immunology one...it was a bear. I was the first one finished in the class and left at 2:25. Class is supposed to end at 2:15. So at least I know that everyone else was also struggling with it. Gives me hope that the professor will maybe curve the grade or something.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

I agree. I took AP biology, Calculus, and English in high school...all of them had far more work to do and were tougher in high school than the similar classes I took in college. But they really prepared me for college, so when I got there it wasn't bad at all. And I loved my hs calc & english teachers and they really took the time to make sure we understood and would succeed.

Yes, the AP tests weren't cheap and they definitely tested your knowledge. Not fun stuff.
    Ya, in hind-sight DD wished she took them at the Community College while she was in HS. There would not have been any discussion of a 3, 4 or 5 and if the university would accept or decline. Just so she received an A or a B that would have ended discussion. Oy. It is so complicated to be a kid these days.

Have you tried taking excederin tension headache? And taken your multi vitamins? Had a cup of coffee or a soda?

My DD came home a couple weekends ago and took her to the eye doctor, she was constantly getting headaches too. They gave her a form of reading glasses but the kind that didn't blur when she looked up.
    It seems that eye strain was the root of the problem from all the close work she has this semester.
    Headaches have calmed and it only cost me $300.00 for the two pair for $99.00