Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 667 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 16756761765766566666766866967771776711671667 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,005 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Thumper10 You sound like me. Extra camera batteries & memory card bought and packed. All meds are out on the counter waiting to be packed in case ...
  1. #9991
    Keasmom's Avatar
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Wishing Place
    Posts
    19,775

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    You sound like me. Extra camera batteries & memory card bought and packed. All meds are out on the counter waiting to be packed in case we need them before them. Clothes have been checked and checked again. Bag of things to keep busy for the car ride is packed. Homework & school books are sitting out and ready to be packed. That just leaves the things we use daily that still need to be packed..tooth brushes, toothpaste, phone charger, etc.

    I think the DL vacation planning video has been going nonstop at our house for the past few days. It has become necessary background noise at this point, lol.

    LOL, that does sound a lot alike.

    But ever since DD had strep a few years ago, I have about 40 toothbrishes here, multiple sizes of toothpaste tubes and mouthwashes and extra chargers cause we have shop chargers as well as home chargers for devices.

    With strep-I toss all of her toothbrushes every morning/night. Toss whatever mouthwash she was using just in case she neglected to use a disposable cup. Changed pillow slips each night, and a fresh pillow every night (yes, I have 10 extra pillows here-don't ask) paranoid after the Dr said the germs could migrate from couhing and re-infect her. So, I have LOADS of those in multiples. LOL, my world-seems OCD, sometimes.

    But her chicken pox created just as much drama- clean sheets every night etc.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

    Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

  2. #9992
    Thumper10's Avatar
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Laughin Place
    Posts
    2,172

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    A friend of ours, is a pastor. His son, a very gifted photographer, is heading to Sendai, Japan to spend 30 days helping with the ongoing Tsunami clean up.


    Bless his heart, he really cares for people, and I cannot wait to hear all about his adventures.
    I love to hear those things. My best friend's greatest passion in life is doing mission work in Africa...She has been involved in the Invisible Children cause for a long time now. She goes to Uganda every year and does various different types of work with children. Deworming clinics, helping in orphanages, teaching, and just giving out love and attention. She plans on moving there one day. She has tried to get me to go with her a few times, but funds and timing haven't worked out...but I promised her one day I'll make it out there one day with her. She really is inspiring- she has gone all by herself each time, not even with a missions group..she just makes arrangements with orphanages/organizations who already live down there that she has gotten to know and off she goes. I can't imagine hopping on a plane to go 7000 miles away all alone. What an adventure.

    Her goal for her next visit is to stay for a few months, all of her past trips have only been for two weeks. When she spoke with a local orphanage about how much her cost of living would be for 3 months, they told her $2 a day. Really makes you appreciate what we have here.
    -Amanda


    When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

  3. #9993
    wallfan329's Avatar
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,219

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I love to hear those things. My best friend's greatest passion in life is doing mission work in Africa...She has been involved in the Invisible Children cause for a long time now. She goes to Uganda every year and does various different types of work with children. Deworming clinics, helping in orphanages, teaching, and just giving out love and attention. She plans on moving there one day. She has tried to get me to go with her a few times, but funds and timing haven't worked out...but I promised her one day I'll make it out there one day with her. She really is inspiring- she has gone all by herself each time, not even with a missions group..she just makes arrangements with orphanages/organizations who already live down there that she has gotten to know and off she goes. I can't imagine hopping on a plane to go 7000 miles away all alone. What an adventure.

    Her goal for her next visit is to stay for a few months, all of her past trips have only been for two weeks. When she spoke with a local orphanage about how much her cost of living would be for 3 months, they told her $2 a day. Really makes you appreciate what we have here.
    Oh my gosh I so want to be in her shoes. I am hoping to sign up to work for IC when I am 18. I really want to go to Uganda and surround countries but my mom and dad are scared I might get killed or something.
    Its so stressful to hear all the drama that is going around IC at the moment because of some stupid people.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

  4. #9994
    Thumper10's Avatar
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Laughin Place
    Posts
    2,172

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Ford Explorers are basically the Mercury Mountaineer. So far, a really good service record. Jeeps decent but not great, so the Honda and the Toyota would be the top two. both have excellent service records and are still great on gas. With no history of problems. i had a Grand Cherokee for 5 years-once the motor started having issues, it was chasing a problem, and another, and another-replacing the entire motor was the only way to stop the cascade-per the dealership. Got rid of that and got a Toyota tacome, 4 door, 4 wheel drive and that beast was awesome, but horrid on gas. Comfy, driveable-drove it to WDW two times and it was far superior in comfort to my current Chrysler 300.

    And I can understand GMC/Chevy/ Buick aversion, I have a major Ford aversion.
    I think most people have that car aversion to a certain brand. For us it is Dodge. We are definite Ford people. This Christmas we were laughing because a neighbor stopped by my grandpa's on xmas day when we were all over...said that our family could do a Ford commercial. 10 vehicles in the driveway/front of the house, all Fords. My mom drives an '06 Explorer, never had a problem with it thus far. It is what we will be cooped up in for our CA journey in a few days. I just saw the newest model of it at the Chicago auto show & it looked comfier with more storage space in the back.
    -Amanda


    When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

  5. #9995
    MandaBella's Avatar
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24,436

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    I completely forgot about Hyundais! I know a few people who have purchased them and are happy.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...


  6. #9996
    Keasmom's Avatar
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Wishing Place
    Posts
    19,775

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Amanda, he is so, super excited to go serve in whatever way. he has done that in many areas. He is from a family that REALLY puts service evangelism to work-working among the neediest to just BE there and show the love. A hug from him is as good as a sunbeam-same with the rest of his family. i just wish their church was closer than 45 minutes drive, I would go there.

    You can always support her from here, until you can go there. help her with cash, or hold some fundraisers-offer to clean homes, or cook meals, and tutor-cause even doing that causes the effort to go forward.

    DD is doing chores and such to raise money to help stop human trafficking. She is 11, and cried over the video (geared to preteens) and said even $10.00 made a difference. She has a good heart for others-and so do you. So does Mckayla.

    This is the one our youth (7th grade to 12th grade) are raising funds and awareness for:

    http://www.thea21campaign.org/
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

    Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

  7. #9997
    Thumper10's Avatar
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Laughin Place
    Posts
    2,172

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Oh my gosh I so want to be in her shoes. I am hoping to sign up to work for IC when I am 18. I really want to go to Uganda and surround countries but my mom and dad are scared I might get killed or something.
    Its so stressful to hear all the drama that is going around IC at the moment because of some stupid people.
    Yeah, her parents held her back for a decently long time because the idea of shipping their teen daughter to Africa didn't suit them too well. They finally started to understand that it truely is what her heart beats for and let her go despite their fears. Now she is old enough to make her own decisions and go whether they are for it or not, but at this point everyone supports her. It is a complicated and scary process, but it has changed her life so much for the better. She can talk your ear off about LRA violence for hours, that girl knows more about than I think some Africans do, lol. She is looking into going to the Congo next time, it would be her first time not in Uganda. The pictures she has shown me from her trips are unbelievable- they live with the bare minimum. It's so sad.
    -Amanda


    When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

  8. #9998
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    . I really want to go to Uganda and surround countries but my mom and dad are scared I might get killed or something..
    As a Mom, I'd be scared too. My niece will be going to Mexico for a summer exchange program. I am more scared for her than my sister is.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  9. #9999
    Keasmom's Avatar
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Wishing Place
    Posts
    19,775

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    DD's best friend at church is the child of missionaiores to Russia, and some arabic nations. She really wants to be a field worker in Africa or asia, DD's best frined wants to work in Africa-both love the a21 program as much as DD.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

    Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

  10. #10000
    Thumper10's Avatar
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Laughin Place
    Posts
    2,172

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Amanda, he is so, super excited to go serve in whatever way. he has done that in many areas. He is from a family that REALLY puts service evangelism to work-working among the neediest to just BE there and show the love. A hug from him is as good as a sunbeam-same with the rest of his family. i just wish their church was closer than 45 minutes drive, I would go there.

    You can always support her from here, until you can go there. help her with cash, or hold some fundraisers-offer to clean homes, or cook meals, and tutor-cause even doing that causes the effort to go forward.

    DD is doing chores and such to raise money to help stop human trafficking. She is 11, and cried over the video (geared to preteens) and said even $10.00 made a difference. She has a good heart for others-and so do you. So does Mckayla.

    This is the one our youth (7th grade to 12th grade) are raising funds and awareness for:

    http://www.thea21campaign.org/
    Oh I know, there are tons of ways to help out from here. She always brings an extra suitcase or two with her, just filled with shoes, clothes, tooth brushes, anything really, that her friends family want to donate to the kids. It always feels good to know that my shoes are keeping a child's feet protected and warm on the other side of the world.

    Your DD sounds like a great kid- I always like reading what you have to say about her. She seems so in-tune the the emotions and needs of others, I bet she will go big places.
    -Amanda


    When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

  11. #10001
    Keasmom's Avatar
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Wishing Place
    Posts
    19,775

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Yeah, her parents held her back for a decently long time because the idea of shipping their teen daughter to Africa didn't suit them too well. They finally started to understand that it truely is what her heart beats for and let her go despite their fears. Now she is old enough to make her own decisions and go whether they are for it or not, but at this point everyone supports her. It is a complicated and scary process, but it has changed her life so much for the better. She can talk your ear off about LRA violence for hours, that girl knows more about than I think some Africans do, lol. She is looking into going to the Congo next time, it would be her first time not in Uganda. The pictures she has shown me from her trips are unbelievable- they live with the bare minimum. It's so sad.
    LOL, the love of parents. A parent on my FB page gave her daughter the BEST advice I have ever seen, tonight. She said, " take time to notice your dream is unfolding right in front of you. live it!"


    Is that not the best advice, ever?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

    Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

  12. #10002
    Thumper10's Avatar
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Laughin Place
    Posts
    2,172

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Thanks for the website, I think I will put together a big care package to send one of the countries once we are home from vacation. We have plenty of items here that aren't being used.
    -Amanda


    When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

  13. #10003
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    just heard back from Lou, seems he was unaware or the bug in multi-quote and is contacting the developer
    I have not tried. Does it work now?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  14. #10004
    Keasmom's Avatar
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Wishing Place
    Posts
    19,775

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I have not tried. Does it work now?
    I am so happy to see you on. YAY!!!!!
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

    Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

  15. #10005
    Thumper10's Avatar
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Laughin Place
    Posts
    2,172

    Re: The RT Thread Part V

    My pre-interview jitters are already setting in and I'm still 13 hours away from it. I wasn't too nervous until I started reading posts on Facebook from people saying that the interview questions are really challenging. Hoping that I think otherwise.
    -Amanda


    When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Similar Threads

  1. First post in thread not being displayed correctly
    By doconeill in forum Technical Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 05:45 PM
  2. Videos from The Adventurer's Club! Share your experiences...
    By Jaxum in forum Trip Reports & Member Reviews
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 03:43 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 12:56 PM
  4. Emails from thread replies
    By MandaBella in forum Technical Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 09:55 PM
  5. WDW Trip - Nov 6-14 POFQ (Part 1)
    By mattlori in forum Trip Reports & Member Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •