Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 679 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 1795796296696776786796806816897297791179 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe My DD and I went to see the Christmas Tree's Mid December at the Science & Industry. We always find so many things to buy. We ...
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    My DD and I went to see the Christmas Tree's Mid December at the Science & Industry. We always find so many things to buy. We even bought the Dr. Seuss shopping bags. Now if they would fix the food...
    worked there for 7 years...so i know all about the food. some days certain things were ok. i liked when they had taco salads or burritoes...yummy! the rest is very overpriced, even for museum standards.

pack ur own lunch, leave it in the car or bookbag it. but u cant check it at coat check, nope. believe me, that was my home for 3 years and its a very strict policy.

we prob crossed paths there if you visited a lot. lol

speakin of, amanda....we still have to get together soon...maybe a while after your trip but before mine?
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I haven't been to the Field Museum in years. Seem to go to Science & Industry more often- that place is fun.
    yes it is...7 years worked there!!

noticed at the field today....many many many benches, comfy chairs and couches....and we took advantage of them!!

thought of disney (of course) while they have areas to sit, its deisgned more to keep you moving from point to point and do more....whereas the museum they want you to sit and relax and take your time. hahah

oh btw i saw a belle doll in an exhibit case under "mammal-human"....it was soo cute! and isnt the name of the old town from horizons mesa verde? ya...saw that mentioned to in the ancient americas exhibit. hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Sounds like fun. Did you visit the mummies? I think they are so interesting. And always fun to say hi to Sue.

we saw the mummies today when we went back. kay thought it was ok. i tried explaining to her bout the tomb and hyrigliphcs and all...we will see what she rememvers when we go back.

she doesnt like some of the indian stuff, too creepy. she finally relaxed bout the huge totam polls...of course, it may of helped that i sang, in the tiki tiki tiki room...hahahhaha. yes i know they r different. '

oh and there was a diarahma scene of a watering hole with giraffes, zebra and other animals...kay goes its like lion king mommy. i said yup. its the circe of life! (insert grand hand circle motion( ...the lady a few feet away from me laughed!! i said all thats missin is simba and nala~~

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

DD home for the weekend. Went to our local diner. Left our local diner. Many colleges on Spring Break and it was ridiculously crowded. We went to Red Robin.

Tomorrow, the Flower and Garden Show at Navy Pier. Have to be up early to take train and bus to the pier.
    Must walk Pup before we leave. Weather is supposed to be pretty good but the pier is always windy and cooler.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

DD home for the weekend. Went to our local diner. Left our local diner. Many colleges on Spring Break and it was ridiculously crowded. We went to Red Robin.

Tomorrow, the Flower and Garden Show at Navy Pier. Have to be up early to take train and bus to the pier.
    Must walk Pup before we leave. Weather is supposed to be pretty good but the pier is always windy and cooler.
    Yay, for a visit home for your DD. Have fun at the flower and garden show. Our town is having one as well, at our civic center. We won't be attending. I have better displays in my yard.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

One of the guys let a customer use my phone early in the week-cold sores on both sides of my mouth now. One day, they will learn my phone is OFF limits as I keep telling them, UGH.

Not loving the news this morning, I wish they had a 30 minute segment of happy news. The depressing stuff gets, well, depressing.

Glad I wasn't on that AA flight yesterday. Wow, what a bad start to a trip-maybe the policies should be changed for stuff like that.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

do vegetarians eat animal crackers?
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

do you ever wonder what disease a cured ham had?
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Went to the Disney Store today to make the "anniversary" hat! The CMS had them pretty much made, just asked us what stickers we wanted. They are cute, like birthday cone hats but with Mickey ears! I'll post pics in a while. The CMs working today, some were ok, others were off their game I guess. I wanted to buy Kayla a pink Princess cup with the bendy straw, but the straw was missing. I asked if they had any in the back, on CM checked, said no, but did I want to take a straw from Tiana's cup. Uhm...no, her cup is purple, the princess is pink. I want it to match. Granted its only the part at the tip that lets you close it up, but still. Then she left the cup on the shelf, I told her, maybe you want to take it off so no one else has an issue? She looked at me like I had 2 heads. I'm sorry, but the cup doesn't have a straw, take it off the shelf. I worked retail for many years, people don't like that. Then she told me, well, someone else may of needed it for their cup. I said, ya, but then there should be the part around somewhere. IDK, just irritated me. Kay really wanted the green Tinkerbell cup, but I thought we had that one so I told her no and we bought the Tiana one. Turns out the Tink we have here is purple with the other fairies on it to. Oops. Sorry Kay. Maybe we will exchange it next week if they still have it.

Otherwise it was a nice visit into my "home away from home"

Then we checked Toys R Us for the Shake it Up dolls...nope. Still none. Boo. Major dislike.

Then we went to Golden Corral to have lunch...yum!! Then we stopped at Kmart for some stuff, then came home.

Kay's still napping, will be up soon. She was up early today and yesterday and the day before. I think it's cause he internal clock knows the time change is coming up. My mom says its just cause she is an early riser. I said ya but this happens more around the time change times.

SPRING AHEAD TONIGHT!!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Their awareness campaign is getting wonderful reviews. However because it is viral little money has been needed to spread the word.

Because this is a foundation and tax exempt they are required to report a breakdown of how the money donated is spent. It has now been vetted and the news is not good. Sadly only one third has gone to relief in Africa. Unfortunately the major chunk is going to their salaries.

So support the cause, think seriously about donating money if you thought it was going to provide relief and aid over there.
    I do not donate money to them, there are other organizations the give most of there money to Africa. I just spread their videos that bring some what awareness even though a lot of the info is out dated.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Say yes to the Dress, Atlanta is pretty good tonight.
    I love that show.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    "A person's a person no matter how small"
    Oh my gosh.
    My school did Suessical the Musical my freshmen year and that line is used so much in the play that and everytime we say that in drama everyone wants to beat us up.
    Mckayla

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    Beauty and the Beast was wonderful last night! We had a few slip ups but overall the crowd LOVED the show! We sold over 400 tickets when we only have room for 350. It was awesome!! Tonight, we have pre-sold 250 already. We're expecting a lot to come!
    Thats good. =]
    Mckayla