Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 732 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 2326326827227307317327337347427828321232 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs Sometimes things move fast. Last week a former professor and good friend said "hey apply for this job. You'd be great" so I applied thinking well ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Sometimes things move fast.

Last week a former professor and good friend said "hey apply for this job. You'd be great" so I applied thinking well at least I could get an interview. Well I DID! My interview is Friday. I just turned that baby in! They move fast. A good friend (and someone else who would be perfect, has already taught for them and whose husband works for the university) has an interview is Thursday. I think she would be great. Anyway, we are both us for the same job.

Couple of issues with the job. It is my DD's university so I might be infringing on her new found freedoms. It would require moving to a place with blowing dust so I would have to find an allergist. My oldest DS has only two years of high school so moving would be difficult for him. He really has a niche in band and has been succeeding in school. Not sure hubby could get a job teaching because of budget cuts in the state. Not sure about what school would be best for my dyslexic/learning disabled son. Not to mention trying to figure out where to live.

So I am hoping that I am just getting the practice of interviewing and that I won't have to make a decision. But I would also like to have this opportunity. Just a crazy dilemma to have- not that that should surprise anyone here. My life is just crazy!
    Okay, wow, so you may get handed a total plum, but there are a few worms. So, how delicious is the plum and how does it fit in with your finishing your degree?

The kids, well, that is tough, having done the school change in 10th, and again in 11th, not a lot of fun and zero opporunity for friends and fitting in.

Is this a rhetorical or are you trying to post thru some of the issues?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Love it, I loaned my copy to my SIL 2 weeks after it came out on DVD, and she hasn't watched it or returned it. Er.
    Gr, that is why I can be a bit stingy when it comes to loaning out my things. I've learned who I can trust to take care of them and promptly return them... & then I am happy to let things be borrowed. But if I've seen that you don't take care of your own items, are careless, or someone who I don't know super, super well...don't bother asking.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Either way, good luck and I hope it works out to what is best for you.

(sometimes, it really does get to be about you) and that is okay.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

My birthday is on Thursday!!. So excited.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Gr, that is why I can be a bit stingy when it comes to loaning out my things. I've learned who I can trust to take care of them and promptly return them... & then I am happy to let things be borrowed. But if I've seen that you don't take care of your own items, are careless, or someone who I don't know super, super well...don't bother asking.
    I am that way about my books. i do not loan my books, I loaned a bunch to a church lady (yes, at MY church) and she never, ever returned them and still smiles and hugs my neck, i kept asking after them the first 2 years, I finally gave up and realized she is a book stealer-which chaps me.

So, now I just tell people how to get to the used book store.

Burr, another 55 degree night. And a week of 80ish weather, rather than 90ish weather. Burr. I need summer.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post

Happy Birthday!!! a bit early, but hey, celebrate all week. Or, party like it's not your birthday!!!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Okay, wow, so you may get handed a total plum, but there are a few worms. So, how delicious is the plum and how does it fit in with your finishing your degree?

The kids, well, that is tough, having done the school change in 10th, and again in 11th, not a lot of fun and zero opporunity for friends and fitting in.

Is this a rhetorical or are you trying to post thru some of the issues?
    The plum may be real good. Pay would be about the same but the philosophy is closer to my own than where I currently am working. It won't affect my degree other than trying to move at a time I am supposed to write (just means more to do during the next 48 days --- which I need to do anyway). I would finish at the end of the first semester of employment.

I really don't want my son to have to leave. Really not sure about schools up there for my little guys. It's not really rhetorical questions here.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Well Happy Birthday! You share a Birthday with Jenn's son.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Either way, good luck and I hope it works out to what is best for you.

(sometimes, it really does get to be about you) and that is okay.

If I thought the money would be a lot greater, I would make it all about me. But the pay won't be more- if at all. So it does become more about all of us in that case. I need t ask questions about graduation rates, and what they think the 5 year plan is- what do they think enrollment will be- because those are issues at my current work. I think the stability might be greater with them than here.

So they are going to kick you out if you cheer?
    Actually that just happened elsewhere. Oy. Pretty soon it is going to be like T-Ball and Soccer, no scoring, no winner, everyone gets a trophey because they are all winners. Oy.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Same thing here. They are almost like my babies!

This birthday talk makes me want a cupcake. OR at least some icing.

Sometimes things move fast.

Last week a former professor and good friend said "hey apply for this job. You'd be great" so I applied thinking well at least I could get an interview. Well I DID! My interview is Friday. I just turned that baby in! They move fast. A good friend (and someone else who would be perfect, has already taught for them and whose husband works for the university) has an interview is Thursday. I think she would be great. Anyway, we are both us for the same job.

Couple of issues with the job. It is my DD's university so I might be infringing on her new found freedoms. It would require moving to a place with blowing dust so I would have to find an allergist. My oldest DS has only two years of high school so moving would be difficult for him. He really has a niche in band and has been succeeding in school. Not sure hubby could get a job teaching because of budget cuts in the state. Not sure about what school would be best for my dyslexic/learning disabled son. Not to mention trying to figure out where to live.

So I am hoping that I am just getting the practice of interviewing and that I won't have to make a decision. But I would also like to have this opportunity. Just a crazy dilemma to have- not that that should surprise anyone here. My life is just crazy!
    Oh my. When are you done with your degree? Congrat's on the interview. And Oy! Selling a house, buying a house. If you went to work there would your DD get a discount on her tuition? Packing up a house, Oy. What does hubby think?

If I thought the money would be a lot greater, I would make it all about me. But the pay won't be more- if at all. So it does become more about all of us in that case. I need t ask questions about graduation rates, and what they think the 5 year plan is- what do they think enrollment will be- because those are issues at my current work. I think the stability might be greater with them than here.
    Excellent points. No easy answers either. Why is enrollment an issue? I know nothing of schools/universities and how they recruit or enroll. Or what affects those numbers.