Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 733 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 2336336837237317327337347357437838331233 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 10,995 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Thumper10 Gr, that is why I can be a bit stingy when it comes to loaning out my things. I've learned who I can trust to take ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Gr, that is why I can be a bit stingy when it comes to loaning out my things. I've learned who I can trust to take care of them and promptly return them... & then I am happy to let things be borrowed. But if I've seen that you don't take care of your own items, are careless, or someone who I don't know super, super well...don't bother asking.
    I loaned a good friend a lot of my infant baby stuff, car seat, bouncer, walker etc. She sold them in her garage sale. As I walked past I saw she was selling my stuff.

Another friend sold my son's suit I loaned her for her sons communion in a garage sale.

A friend borrowed my DD's communion dress, extremely pricey and it never came back.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    This birthday talk makes me want a cupcake. OR at least some icing.
    Icing? Oh YES!!!
    I love the white, wedding cake icing in the wedding decor department at all the major retailers. YUM. Or chocolate Betty Crocker. i used to keep a jar in the fridge, but hubby found all of my stash and trashed it.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Icing? Oh YES!!!
    I love the white, wedding cake icing in the wedding decor department at all the major retailers. YUM. Or chocolate Betty Crocker. i used to keep a jar in the fridge, but hubby found all of my stash and trashed it.
    Excuse me? He trashed it why?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Burr, another 55 degree night. And a week of 80ish weather, rather than 90ish weather. Burr. I need summer.
    Stifle!

The plum may be real good. Pay would be about the same but the philosophy is closer to my own than where I currently am working. It won't affect my degree other than trying to move at a time I am supposed to write (just means more to do during the next 48 days --- which I need to do anyway). I would finish at the end of the first semester of employment.

I really don't want my son to have to leave. Really not sure about schools up there for my little guys. It's not really rhetorical questions here.
    So could you afford to move if husband can't find another teaching job? Does he have enough years in to qualify for retirement?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Excellent points. No easy answers either. Why is enrollment an issue? I know nothing of schools/universities and how they recruit or enroll. Or what affects those numbers.
    My university is tuition driven so the more students, the more available money. Had a few years where they didn't meet their quota- then becomes huge issue. So I want to know if they have been keeping up with quotas, where there goals are, etc. Also Pell Grant and a Texas grant here reduced. Looks like more cuts may be made. So what is the plan for that.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I loaned a good friend a lot of my infant baby stuff, car seat, bouncer, walker etc. She sold them in her garage sale. As I walked past I saw she was selling my stuff.

Another friend sold my son's suit I loaned her for her sons communion in a garage sale.

A friend borrowed my DD's communion dress, extremely pricey and it never came back.
    Oh my! I wouldn't have the GUTS to do that!

Icing? Oh YES!!!
    I think the boys found my icing in the fridge. And my chocolate stash is missing. I need to find more hiding places (that I can remember).

Excuse me? He trashed it why?
    Because I need to lose weight. My liver is fat, and while I am not overweight, I WAS eating for depression-grilled cheese, icing, ice cream, all bad choices, so now I eat fresh fish, steamed veggies, detox tea to help cleanse the liver, and i had about a quarter cup of ice cream at Ichiban restaurant. he is trying to help me get thinner, get the cholesteral down and the triglycerides (sp) and get the fattiness out of the liver.

he was trying to help, but neglected to allow me to say good bye to my goodies. But, this kick started me on a lot of better choices, so it was fine.

My university is tuition driven so the more students, the more available money. Had a few years where they didn't meet their quota- then becomes huge issue. So I want to know if they have been keeping up with quotas, where there goals are, etc. Also Pell Grant and a Texas grant here reduced. Looks like more cuts may be made. So what is the plan for that.
    maybe you can create a recruitment tool for the school, and using students and former students boost those numbers some. Grant cutting hurts everyone, but there are still families that want decent schools. Maybe a push thru the churches, and high school academies with religious affiliations?

Ask existing students to fill out a short survey-why they picked that school, what do they love/loathe about the school? best way THEY think more students could be brought in, and what services- locally or on campus-would make it a mor attractive place to prospective students. just a thought. Our school is having a small enrollment drop, but that is more because they cannot get the drama under control. 7 kids I know and know of, wanted our school, but the drama level just sent the parents running for the much more strict but not as academic school.

A loose survey of existing attendees might help reveal the pros and cons if no one has done that yet.
    just a thought. Again, not sure what of that information gets collected, or assessed.

We have the Grant cuts here too and it is an issue. Along with state not forking over money owed.
    It became a huge issue at my DD's University and the newish President made a few bad commandments this past year, stepped on too many of the staffs toes. He tried to Mea Culpa but the staff didn't enjoy how condescending it was and again called for the Presidents dismissal. President gone, assigned duties until June 30th, new acting President. Dude was President of Miami of Ohio and UConn before here. Mess with the funding and salaries and staff gets testy.

I know a lot of staff salaries here go by class size too. And if you have a lot of students drop or transfer the upper year teachers don't always have full classes, so graduation rate also plays into that beyond available funds.

Stifle!
    LOL, chilly for us. But okay.

Oh my! I wouldn't have the GUTS to do that!
    Ya, I am learning.

My Sis donated my baby cradle to a half way house and kept my very expensive burgundy velvet dress with hand sewn lace. Nothing goes to Sis's now.

I make it clear when I give away stuff and when I am loaning it. The cradle ticked me off. The rest I might have eventually given away but my cradle was hand carved by a dear old man. I still am ticked about that.

We have the Grant cuts here too and it is an issue. Along with state not forking over money owed.
    It became a huge issue at my DD's University and the newish President made a few bad commandments this past year, stepped on too many of the staffs toes. He tried to Mea Culpa but the staff didn't enjoy how condescending it was and again called for the Presidents dismissal. President gone, assigned duties until June 30th, new acting President. Dude was President of Miami of Ohio and UConn before here. Mess with the funding and salaries and staff gets testy.

I know a lot of staff salaries here go by class size too. And if you have a lot of students drop or transfer the upper year teachers don't always have full classes, so graduation rate also plays into that beyond available funds.
    It is all so complicated.

Universities here are still doing great. Even the private ones, but the south is a favored destination for a lot of northern kids. So, our weather is a great benefit when recruiting. DH's aunt is a retired English chair (whatever her thing was called) and she was SO tough, but the kids loved her, unless they failed. I didn't realize the classes had a paycheck impact. WOW-hard job.

Ya, I am learning.

My Sis donated my baby cradle to a half way house and kept my very expensive burgundy velvet dress with hand sewn lace. Nothing goes to Sis's now.

I make it clear when I give away stuff and when I am loaning it. The cradle ticked me off. The rest I might have eventually given away but my cradle was hand carved by a dear old man. I still am ticked about that.
    DH's cousin did that to us, she begged to borrow, and loaned it around and sold it. Needless to say, she was never allowed to borrow anything else, which caused a rift, that I refuse to bridge, DO NOT steal from me. I have standards, and I expect them to be followed. period. ER!!''

Family can be so frustrating. My one sister borrowed stuff one time, returned it within 6 months. Done. And I am the one with the trashy family? really? LOL, i laugh. lipstick on the pigs makes them no less pigs.