Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 734 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 2346346847247327337347357367447848341234 ... LastLast
Results 10,996 to 11,010 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Checked the weather and thought we had a chance of rain. Nope. Wrong city. Weather looks beautiful for the next week....
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Checked the weather and thought we had a chance of rain. Nope. Wrong city. Weather looks beautiful for the next week.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Okay, off to sleep, back on around 9AM. Have a great night, all.

Oh, and Tracy-I miss you posting some acid once in a while. And Amanda-miss seeing you logged in even for a single post.

Everyone else who has been absent-please reappear.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Because I need to lose weight. My liver is fat, and while I am not overweight, I WAS eating for depression-grilled cheese, icing, ice cream, all bad choices, so now I eat fresh fish, steamed veggies, detox tea to help cleanse the liver, and i had about a quarter cup of ice cream at Ichiban restaurant. he is trying to help me get thinner, get the cholesteral down and the triglycerides (sp) and get the fattiness out of the liver.

he was trying to help, but neglected to allow me to say good bye to my goodies. But, this kick started me on a lot of better choices, so it was fine.
    See, I view that kinda of stuff as my choice not my husbands. My husband would not dare be that controlling to throw anything of mine away for my own good. Would not care if his intentions were to help me or not. My husband does allow me or not allow me. And in fairness I have never gone down that road with him either.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

It is all so complicated.

Universities here are still doing great. Even the private ones, but the south is a favored destination for a lot of northern kids. So, our weather is a great benefit when recruiting. DH's aunt is a retired English chair (whatever her thing was called) and she was SO tough, but the kids loved her, unless they failed. I didn't realize the classes had a paycheck impact. WOW-hard job.
    Illinois is a big ten school. But they demand the students get good grades and attend classes. If a student graduates it is because they went to their classes unlike many Universities that have people to do that for their athletes. It is really hard to convince the finest students and athletes to go to a University in the middle of soy and corn in the cold. Our Engineering and Business School is so coveted though so enrollment is always full. Most of our problems are the state not turning over the funds in the state budget. That is state wide including K-12.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

It is all so complicated.

Universities here are still doing great. Even the private ones, but the south is a favored destination for a lot of northern kids. So, our weather is a great benefit when recruiting. DH's aunt is a retired English chair (whatever her thing was called) and she was SO tough, but the kids loved her, unless they failed. I didn't realize the classes had a paycheck impact. WOW-hard job.
    It CAN impact the paycheck but normally budgets are slashed first. There are steps in place to protect paychecks but it can be done. It has to be a really bad situation but here they were looking at who would be let go, who was on tenure track and who wasn't. But there are a lot of fabulous things about my job that make it all worth it. Until they started saying that you might not have a job. That instability make it difficult.

Also some universities don't have problems because of research funds. We are on our third admission director since I moved here. This one has already done some great things and has moved to trying to get more local students to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    See, I view that kinda of stuff as my choice not my husbands. My husband would not dare be that controlling to throw anything of mine away for my own good. Would not care if his intentions were to help me or not. My husband does allow me or not allow me. And in fairness I have never gone down that road with him either.
    My hubby dared to say I needed to get rid of my "baby shelf" three months after having a baby. I told him I will get rid of mine a lot faster than he will. He didn't like that. But I did! He is now almost 60 lbs overweight. My baby shelf is long gone. Hmmmmmmm that didn't seem to work out for him.

Looks to be a beautiful day today!

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

4 days 'til Spring break. It is a much needed break. I'm ready for 10 days off.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    A/C off. Heat on.
    Heat on here too. S word is in forecast yuck
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    4 days 'til Spring break. It is a much needed break. I'm ready for 10 days off.
    That is great you deserve it!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

Curtains for the puppies room/den done & hung.

Making fish, asparagus & carrots for lunch before hubby goes to work.

Missed a deal on Jet Blue for our Nov. trip now waiting for another deal. Ugh.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    My hubby dared to say I needed to get rid of my "baby shelf" three months after having a baby. I told him I will get rid of mine a lot faster than he will. He didn't like that. But I did! He is now almost 60 lbs overweight. My baby shelf is long gone. Hmmmmmmm that didn't seem to work out for him.
    Woof!
    Of all the ways I can sometimes be stupid, that sure as H*LL never was one of 'em. Especially after she had just gone through the 9-month baby body-warp.
    DW tends to fluctuate a few pounds here and there, as most of us do, and was just commenting the other day about how she feels she needs to lose a few pounds 'cause her favorite jeans are gettin' a bit tight. I just tell her it's whatever works for her 'cause she always looks hot to me ('cause she does).
    She loves it when I add my little growl.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

I, on the other hand, have plateaued over the last coupla' months. Haven't gained, but haven't lost anymore either.
    We've started tryin' to walk at night after work, but it can be a bit difficult sometimes to stick to it. For instance, don't know how much we're gonna' feel like walkin' at 11p tonight after having both just pulled 12 hr. days.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who