Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 822 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 3227227728128208218228238248328729221322 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Well, figure I will update you all with my internship status with Disney since everyone here has been so supportive and wonderful in sending me well wishes about it. I ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Well, figure I will update you all with my internship status with Disney since everyone here has been so supportive and wonderful in sending me well wishes about it.

I received an email this morning that I am no longer being considered, which didn't shock me because that is kind of what I expected at this point. I am disappointed, but honestly relieved that the process is over. It took way too long (I applied in January and it is almost May...sheesh) and was honestly just becoming annoying that I am graduating in two weeks, and still had no idea what I was doing after graduation. At least now I can make plans.

Getting the email really did motivated me to figure out what to do next though. I made a list of all of my possible opportunities this morning. About to send out an application to a nearby zoo right now, already spoke with the Shedd Aquarium this morning and they have my volunteer app on a waiting list right now. In June I will also apply for an internship with them for this fall. There is also one other zoo that I will try and apply for an internship with. Would also like to apply for an internship with Clearwater, but have to think that one through a bit more and make sure it is doable for me. So hopefully at least one opportunity will present itself with that handful of possibilities. I will probably apply with Disney again when the next semester for internships opens up, if I am able to list more related experience on my resume by then...I'm pretty positive that is what held me back this time.

Chris, I am totally interested in the Panama City internship you told me about, but it is unpaid which makes it hard to do since I would have to pay for all of my living expenses. At least if I get an unpaid internship here, I can still live at home, free of charge, lol. But I really don't want to cross it off my list, so hoping I can maybe save up some extra $$ now and then apply for next spring, hmmm.

I have a job at home that I can work through the summer, so that is good. Then hopefully I will be able to add one of these zoo/aquarium volunteer opportunities to it. Also really considering going seasonal at my old work location at Disney, I'd like to work a month or so with them once my summer job is over (if it doesn't coincide with any internships I may potentially get, of course). I really don't want to give up my CM status now that being a campus rep is ending, so going seasonal would be great if I can swing it.

Nate is technically still in the running for an internship, but he isn't getting his hopes up either. He was able to come by a job opportunity at a golf course last weekend that the supervisor offered to him if he doesn't get in with Disney. That works out perfectly with his future career goals. I really believe everything happens for a reason, and in a way it kind of feels like things are falling into place, even if they aren't the way that we imagined them.

Just want to give a big thank you to everyone here for your P&PD for the last few months! I so appreciate it and love my WDWRadio family, you guys are great

Oh, and I never gave you guys an update about Nate's email to call the Disney Lodging Manager. Well, he called and the manager said he just wanted to let Nate know that his resume was great and he had all of the qualifications they were looking for. He said that he answered everything in the interviews right, but his answers weren't long enough. He urged him to apply again in September and do everything the same, but be prepared to give longer answers in the phone interview...oy (this leads me to believe that if Nate had been awake and fully functioning during the interview, he probably would've aced it...frustrating).
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Amanda i am really sad for you. Did you try Sea World? They have several.

Panama City can be expensive as far as rent-I will post a link.

http://www.aptguide.com/

And rent is quite high during spring and summer as that is peak travel time here. 1 hour north on an easy to drive road there are many affordable rentals.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Very frustrating for Nate, but when one door closes a better one usually opens.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

It feels so odd to be home at this hour. I really miss drama this year.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/24...est=latestnews

Now we can all have over priced coffee while AT Dl or WDW.
    Starbucks is a treat for me! I have it occasionally not like some friends that go 3 times a day.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Well, figure I will update you all with my internship status with Disney since everyone here has been so supportive and wonderful in sending me well wishes about it.

I received an email this morning that I am no longer being considered, which didn't shock me because that is kind of what I expected at this point. I am disappointed, but honestly relieved that the process is over. It took way too long (I applied in January and it is almost May...sheesh) and was honestly just becoming annoying that I am graduating in two weeks, and still had no idea what I was doing after graduation. At least now I can make plans.

Getting the email really did motivated me to figure out what to do next though. I made a list of all of my possible opportunities this morning. About to send out an application to a nearby zoo right now, already spoke with the Shedd Aquarium this morning and they have my volunteer app on a waiting list right now. In June I will also apply for an internship with them for this fall. There is also one other zoo that I will try and apply for an internship with. Would also like to apply for an internship with Clearwater, but have to think that one through a bit more and make sure it is doable for me. So hopefully at least one opportunity will present itself with that handful of possibilities. I will probably apply with Disney again when the next semester for internships opens up, if I am able to list more related experience on my resume by then...I'm pretty positive that is what held me back this time.

Chris, I am totally interested in the Panama City internship you told me about, but it is unpaid which makes it hard to do since I would have to pay for all of my living expenses. At least if I get an unpaid internship here, I can still live at home, free of charge, lol. But I really don't want to cross it off my list, so hoping I can maybe save up some extra $$ now and then apply for next spring, hmmm.

I have a job at home that I can work through the summer, so that is good. Then hopefully I will be able to add one of these zoo/aquarium volunteer opportunities to it. Also really considering going seasonal at my old work location at Disney, I'd like to work a month or so with them once my summer job is over (if it doesn't coincide with any internships I may potentially get, of course). I really don't want to give up my CM status now that being a campus rep is ending, so going seasonal would be great if I can swing it.

Nate is technically still in the running for an internship, but he isn't getting his hopes up either. He was able to come by a job opportunity at a golf course last weekend that the supervisor offered to him if he doesn't get in with Disney. That works out perfectly with his future career goals. I really believe everything happens for a reason, and in a way it kind of feels like things are falling into place, even if they aren't the way that we imagined them.

Just want to give a big thank you to everyone here for your P&PD for the last few months! I so appreciate it and love my WDWRadio family, you guys are great

Oh, and I never gave you guys an update about Nate's email to call the Disney Lodging Manager. Well, he called and the manager said he just wanted to let Nate know that his resume was great and he had all of the qualifications they were looking for. He said that he answered everything in the interviews right, but his answers weren't long enough. He urged him to apply again in September and do everything the same, but be prepared to give longer answers in the phone interview...oy (this leads me to believe that if Nate had been awake and fully functioning during the interview, he probably would've aced it...frustrating).
    Oh Amanda I am truly sorry. Everything happens for a reason! It will all work out I am a firm believer. Hugs to both of you.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

So we are done staining tonight. Now puppy playtime, tv catch up & Benadryl. Hands broke out from the gloves again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    First day of testing is finished. Thank goodness.
    Yay, how many more to go?

Hope to get to sleep before 12:30a.m. So I am rested for tomorrow.

My dad just found out he is scheduled to work out of town next week at an insane asylum that was featured on the Travel Channel's Most Haunted Places show Wonder what kind of stories he will be returning with.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Amanda i am really sad for you. Did you try Sea World? They have several.

Panama City can be expensive as far as rent-I will post a link.

http://www.aptguide.com/

And rent is quite high during spring and summer as that is peak travel time here. 1 hour north on an easy to drive road there are many affordable rentals.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    [/B]

Oh Amanda I am truly sorry. Everything happens for a reason! It will all work out I am a firm believer. Hugs to both of you.
    Thanks guys. I have tried looking at SeaWorld several times, but can't seem to find anything? I remember looking at their page in the past (a long while ago) and seeing a bunch of different opportunities. Every time I check back now though, the internships page doesn't seem to exist...not sure if I am somehow overlooking it or they somehow changed their program?

Looking back now, I do realized that there were probably a lot more candidates for Disney that had prior marine animal experience in some way, so I'm sure they probably were more qualified than I am. I do think Disney needs to revise the way they handle their internships though, it has just been a pain this whole process.

Just really need to figure out a starting point. Kind of hard to establish my career in a an area where the type of work I want isn't really existent in this part of the country.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Good luck with the interview! P&PD!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    My dad just found out he is scheduled to work out of town next week at an insane asylum that was featured on the Travel Channel's Most Haunted Places show Wonder what kind of stories he will be returning with.
    Boy our other Amanda would likely love to visit it with him. I enjoy her stories about Haunted Places.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

So we are done staining tonight. Now puppy playtime, tv catch up & Benadryl. Hands broke out from the gloves again!
    Are you using Latex or Silicon gloves? Silicon should not do that, Latex allergies are nasty and can be life threatening.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Good luck. Thinking of you.