Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 921 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 42182187191191992092192292393197110211421 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; I have to bake 3 dozen cookies tonight, and put them on pretty plates for graduation Friday. Somuch work for this 6th grade graduation. DD's jewelry is bought, my "dressy ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: The RT Thread Part V

I have to bake 3 dozen cookies tonight, and put them on pretty plates for graduation Friday.

Somuch work for this 6th grade graduation.

DD's jewelry is bought, my "dressy fabric" capris and a nioce shirt are ready, her dress and shoes are ready. So, we wait.,
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Watching Cars this morning! Students are singing along. So cute.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

My heart breaks for one of my students this morning. Teaching isn't so glamorous all the time...
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    My heart breaks for one of my students this morning. Teaching isn't so glamorous all the time...

Aw, care to share?

DD was singing I Will Always Love You at the top of her lungs in the shower last night, their 2 of the 4 sixth grade teachers sing that to them a few times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Aw, care to share?

DD was singing I Will Always Love You at the top of her lungs in the shower last night, their 2 of the 4 sixth grade teachers sing that to them a few times a week.
    Can't really share too much.. just know one of my student's family needs lot of prayers right now.

and that's great. It is true. I will always love my students.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

Can't really share too much.. just know one of my student's family needs lot of prayers right now.

and that's great. It is true. I will always love my students.

Well, prayers for them, hope it all works out.

When DD was in kindergarten, the students made Mother's Day books, about ten pages, with a nice thing their mom does for them on each page.

The kids were asked questions like
    What does your mom call you?
    What is your fav thing to do with your mom?
    What special thing does your mom do for you?

Just easy, nice stuff. One student had zero answers, the Nanny takes care of the child from 6AM til 8PM (they have 3 nannies) and the mom rarely sees the kids.

The kid asked if the book could be for the Nanny, the teacher's aide was in tears when I walked in that morning, it was the most horrible thing she had ever heard.

Well, prayers for them, hope it all works out.

When DD was in kindergarten, the students made Mother's Day books, about ten pages, with a nice thing their mom does for them on each page.

The kids were asked questions like
    What does your mom call you?
    What is your fav thing to do with your mom?
    What special thing does your mom do for you?

Just easy, nice stuff. One student had zero answers, the Nanny takes care of the child from 6AM til 8PM (they have 3 nannies) and the mom rarely sees the kids.

The kid asked if the book could be for the Nanny, the teacher's aide was in tears when I walked in that morning, it was the most horrible thing she had ever heard.
    So sad. I know one of my students isn't home very much,. but I know she is home her mom spends as much time with her as possible.

Side Note.. Would you mind sending me some pictures of that book? Do you still have it? More ideas for Mother's Day.. the better!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

So sad. I know one of my students isn't home very much,. but I know she is home her mom spends as much time with her as possible.

Side Note.. Would you mind sending me some pictures of that book? Do you still have it? More ideas for Mother's Day.. the better!
    If I can find it, since we are always in the middle of a remodel somewhere, I am not sure where it is.

http://esl.beaufort.schoolfusion.us/...-289126210.JPG

This is what the cover looked like. It was 6 pieces of full size construction paper, folded in half and stapled down the center (some classes did hole punch and yarn) with handprints on the front, and back. And the answer to the questions on each page, with the last inside page left blank for kids to write a message.

If I can find it, since we are always in the middle of a remodel somewhere, I am not sure where it is.

http://esl.beaufort.schoolfusion.us/...-289126210.JPG

This is what the cover looked like. It was 6 pieces of full size construction paper, folded in half and stapled down the center (some classes did hole punch and yarn) with handprints on the front, and back. And the answer to the questions on each page, with the last inside page left blank for kids to write a message.
    That's such a creative idea! I do picture frames each year... but I want to do something on top of the picture frames! I like that!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    I just spent the past two days painting my room and it sounds like your DD's will be similar to mine! I did two darker gray walls and two light gray walls & kept the ceiling white. My bedding is purple, with some gray and black in it, so your DD has a similar color palette. Just got all the furniture back into place and rearranged a little while ago and made some new curtains this morning. Long panel syle- they are black sheers with sparkles in them. Turned out really nice. Now sitting in bed with the laptop and enjoying all of it. I LOVE the way it all turned out.

And WOW- that is quite the rainbow they are covering up, lol. I had two dark blue walls that I just covered with the dark gray and they actually covered super easy. Was expecting it to be more of a pain. Hopefully your DD will have the same luck.
    Hi Amanda, that is so amazing! It looks good so far, they are going to out another coat of everything on just to be sure plus they have enough paint! We will go for material Friday for new drapes as JoAnn's has 10% off all purchases with coupon! You both seem a lot alike
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I am a big fan of Kilz primer when making major color changes. If I am going to paint one light wall a dark color I have the paint store tint the kilz dark. When covering a loud color to go lighter the kilz works well to cover and then paint.
    DH said that's what we shoud have done, but the guys at the store & her grandma both agreed the new all in one is great. It is looking very nice!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Just emailed one of my Disney managers to see if he'd be willing to write me a letter of recommendation. I so hate asking for them, but really hoping he says yes, because I know it would look good to submit one with the Disney name on it.
    That is fine, I am sure they do it all the time!

That's such a creative idea! I do picture frames each year... but I want to do something on top of the picture frames! I like that!

Well, I remember that the teacher used a Valentines photo of each mom and kid inside on one page, and a random photo from class of each kid on another page. A poem on one page that the students had to hand copy, and there were some construction paper flowers, and that was about it.

under "My mother calls me a_________" DD put "a miracle" cause she is.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm trying to get my outdoor areas in order all the while having kid crud being moved back into the house.
    Plus trying to undo the two mega trees coming down on the property. Upheaval inside and out. Meanwhile the everyday chores and oh ya, my business. Oy. Several May's like this in a row. Not a fan.
    You are as busy as us, my dd scheduled a purse party at the house next Tues. her bedroom is all over the house need it all away by then! Ugh! Trees are not fun DH is trying to ax the one from the fall. Long procedure. He is mulching the back garden today. I am doing the doors again.

I have to bake 3 dozen cookies tonight, and put them on pretty plates for graduation Friday.

Somuch work for this 6th grade graduation.

DD's jewelry is bought, my "dressy fabric" capris and a nioce shirt are ready, her dress and shoes are ready. So, we wait.,
    Sounds like with everything else going on you have everything well planned! Great job!