Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 952 of 1669 FirstFirst ... 452852902942950951952953954962100210521452 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 25024
Like Tree1186Likes
General Discussions Discuss The RT Thread Part V in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Thumper10 Sad now, but I bet you will feel great come this afternoon, when you have a summer off to look forward too (and an upcoming Disney ...
    disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Re: The RT Thread Part V

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Sad now, but I bet you will feel great come this afternoon, when you have a summer off to look forward too (and an upcoming Disney trip)!!
    Well.. They have Graduation on Monday.. bbuuttt yes.. Once summer starts I"ll be beyond ready!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Yep, I still don't have the sequel yet.
    There are just sooo darn many Disney books out there that I want, and sooo little time...and money...!
    Yep, some of those big books are really pricey, and that is why I get a heck of a lotta use out of my library card! I enjoy reading good books over and over again though, so the ones that have made it into my own collection definitely get their use outta them.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Did my 'final' post for my pre-trip report! Crazy it's sooo soon.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Chris, here are a few more books that may interest your DD.

1. Remembering Walt by Amy Boothe Green and Howard E. Green- I LOVE this one, one of my very favorites that I own.
    2. Disneyland Through the Decades by Jeff Kurtti- Just added this one to my collection when we went to DL a few months ago. It is written in sort of a unique way and has tons of super gorgeous photos. Really like it.
    3. Walt Disney's Disneyland by Marty Sklar- This one is sitting on my shelf, but I haven't read it yet...it is next on my list. Given that it is written by Marty though, I am betting it is full of good stuff.

If she ever gets really interested in the imagineers, Designing Disney by John Hench and Walt Disney's Imagineering Legends by Jeff Kurtti are great options. Not sure if they'd interest a 12 year old yet, but your DD seems above her years, so maybe.

Don't forget about Lou's audio guides and podcasts if she wants to throw some listening into the mix.
    Thanks, Amanda, we just saw Marty Skylar on the DVD we bought. he is really neat. I am trolling the used book stores for books, BAM wants WAY too much .
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

LOL! Cracks me up - I come on, leave for a couple hours, come back and I've missed tons of chat! LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thanks for the well wishes on the interview ladies! I'm nervous but not... feeling confident. I just hope the caffeine continues to work until it's over.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

The 50 new shirts are here! The 50 new shirts are here! (sorry, Chris...couldn't resist...! )

Time to unpack 'em and start hangin and steamin'...
    Have a Magical...!!!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Tuesday-Thursday I had to drag DS out of bed in the morning to get ready for school.

Today I needed to get the best sleep possible so I can be ready for my interview.

He woke up at 4:30am and wouldn't let me sleep.

Fan-frickin-tastic.

You will do fine. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Thanks, Amanda, we just saw Marty Skylar on the DVD we bought. he is really neat. I am trolling the used book stores for books, BAM wants WAY too much .
    I use Amazon a lot. They have pretty much everything and usually have good prices. Plus they offer free shipping when you spend $25 or more.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    I've got 50 new shirts comin' in today at some point that all have to be put on hangers and steamed. Depending on when they get in, my relief may have to take care of some of that.
    Suit promotion changed today, as well, so I got in a little early to move a bunch of suits around.
    Well, at least I haven't been/won't be bored for my whole shift...!

Awesome!! At least they do steam the shirts, most stores don't do that anymore.

Sister's horse sold this morning and just got picked up. Sad. But the new family is very nice and said we are welcome to visit her at the new barn. Looks like we will already be doing that later today to drop some vet info off, lol.

Aw, well, at least you can visit. And YAY!!!! for a steak with Grandpapa.

Local used book store has Walt Disney, by Neil Gabler $10.00 I can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Local used book store has Walt Disney, by Neil Gabler $10.00 I can do that.
    Hubby bought me that book at the World of Disney store (Downtown) a couple years ago. We obviously paid more than that. Sadly I haven't read it yet...

Jenn, I love your avatar. The view of the Imagination Pavilion with the monorail passing by has always been a favorite of mine. I used to work a food cart right across from there, and would admire the view all day long. How many people get the chance to sell Mickey premiums with a monorail passing over their head, and an "upflowing" waterfall within their sight, all while humming the FW music all day long? Ahhh, it is a magical place, even while you are on the clock.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Jenn, I love your avatar. The view of the Imagination Pavilion with the monorail passing by has always been a favorite of mine. I used to work a food cart right across from there, and would admire the view all day long. How many people get the chance to sell Mickey premiums with a monorail passing over their head, and an "upflowing" waterfall within their sight, all while humming the FW music all day long? Ahhh, it is a magical place, even while you are on the clock.
    Jealous. Envious. Hate you right now.

Ok no... but lucky dog you!