Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Harry Potter Phase Two coming to FL in the Community Center forums; More and more information seems to be leaking out about the second phase of Harry Potter. It has been said that Phase One has already paid for itself. It has ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Harry Potter Phase Two coming to FL

More and more information seems to be leaking out about the second phase of Harry Potter. It has been said that Phase One has already paid for itself.

It has also been announced that on Jan 2 or 3rd. Jaws and Amity will close to make room for the expansion. Rumors as of now have a show and a few ride attractions though no blue prints were leaked like they were for the D23 original announcement of the Fantasyland expansion.

Rumors say they when the holidays are over and Jaws and Amity are razed they are ready to start construction.

Kinda reminds me of the race of MGM vs Universal...who can open first back in the late 80's.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Harry Potter Phase Two coming to FL

Shocks me that they are removing Jaws (not sure how the whole park is laid out and I do understand that it's about space) and somehow ET still remains.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I am trying to understand this. If the rumor is that they are closing Jaws and Amity to make room for more of WWoHP then it does not really make sense.

Because of all the stuff between.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Thank you, Mckayla. I feel better now with my statement. Doesn't make much sense. ALTHOUGH... do people buy one-park tickets for Universal on average? If so, maybe the lack of Potter stuff at the one park is drawing crowds only to the other. So if you put him in both, you can capitalize on the trend while people still care. Who knows.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I do not think a lot but my thinking is going off on what I know about the parks. When we went in the middle of June last year we did each park in one day and that is with riding all but two rides and taking a break in the hotel and meals.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Phase 2 will just take over the rest of Lost Continent. Whatever's taking over Jaws still remains a mystery. I think it could be either our version of Transformers, although I'm sure that could easily replace Spidey and retheme that whole island to Sci-fi City just like Universal Singapore. With that park in mind, what's a big family friendly water flume that we don't have? Madagascar. That's my guess.

Is Madagascar even a universal movie??? More of the question is what type of water flume do they not have?
    Mckayla

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I don't mind Lost Continent leaving for WWoHP. However, I wish Jaws didn't have to be removed
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Is Madagascar even a universal movie??? More of the question is what type of water flume do they not have?
    A slow moving family friendly flume, like Pirates but with escaped zoo animals.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I don't mind Lost Continent leaving for WWoHP. However, I wish Jaws didn't have to be removed
    Ya, as old as the Jaws movie is, I really enjoyed Jaws the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Both businesses seemed to have thrown who owns what out the window.
    Avatar to AK as an example or Idol to DHS. Doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    A slow moving family friendly flume, like Pirates but with escaped zoo animals.
    Giggle.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

The only time I went over to Universal, when I was really young the timing on Jaws was off through the whole ride. The Shark would pop up way before our boat got to him or just after we passed. I'm fine with it leaving even if it is classic. Lost Continent already feels like a waste of space to me. If they would devote half of that area to HP and the other half to Seuss Landing I'd be a happy camper.
    Last edited by StewbotTalborg; 12-03-2011 at 09:51 AM.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Maybe there will be a skyway broom ride between the two areas passing over Muggle land.

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Maybe there will be a skyway broom ride between the two areas passing over Muggle land.
    Oooooh! Love it! Or a Gringott's tunnel??
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I just read that Warner Bros. had conversations with Disney to put Harry Potter on the west coast in Disneyland. The talks fell through of course, but I wonder where there would've been room for it in Disneyland. I've never made it out there but it sounds like the park is pretty crowded with all the stuff they've crammed into it, I can't imagine there being much room to give WWoHP justice.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I just read that Warner Bros. had conversations with Disney to put Harry Potter on the west coast in Disneyland. The talks fell through of course, but I wonder where there would've been room for it in Disneyland. I've never made it out there but it sounds like the park is pretty crowded with all the stuff they've crammed into it, I can't imagine there being much room to give WWoHP justice.
    They probably would have crammed it where Carsland is going in, and make the focal point some overly-elaborate song and dance show, and then have a double sized great hall fast food joint, a couple souvenir stalls, and call it a land.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast