Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Why do you love Disney Parks? in the Community Center forums; This is a question I asked myself this week while I had family here. I came to the realization that my love for Disney and it's parks falls on Mickey. ...
    Sagefyre is offline A-Ticket holder

Why do you love Disney Parks?

This is a question I asked myself this week while I had family here. I came to the realization that my love for Disney and it's parks falls on Mickey.
    When I was younger I remember getting so excited with I would see those Mickey ears in any show they had on TV or when we would be driving up to Disneyland. The first thing I would do was search him out. When I would see him my parents would take pictures. My poor sister was scared of him. She was one of those kids that would freak if my mother tried to get her close enough for that picture.
    Disney holds alot of great memories for me as a kid. I loved watching The Wonderful World of Disney.
    When I go back to the parks now I feel like I get those moments back. For a little while I get to become a kid and create new memories.
    Going to the parks is more than just having fun it is enjoying those times in your life that will make the harder ones easier.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Why do you love Disney Parks?

Same for me pretty much. My dad thought Walt was the greatest ever, and so we went to DL a lot when we were stationed in California. Military days there were awesome. And, yes, seeing Mickey and Minie on Main Street, smelling the popcorn and sharing my dad's excitement for the park and the history and tradition and genius of all of it is a big part of my memory system for WDW.

The sounds, the smells, the sights and the attention to detail-all of that and the invisible Disney Magic.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.