Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Who was the first to take you? in the Community Center forums; Who was the first person to take you to either WDW or DL? I first took myself to DL when I got Stationed in San Deigo in 1974. A dreamed ...
    Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Who was the first to take you?

Who was the first person to take you to either WDW or DL?

I first took myself to DL when I got Stationed in San Deigo in 1974. A dreamed fullfilled

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    My parents took me and my brother to WDW for the first time in 1981.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I went by myself, which was kind of sad because I would of liked to gone with family then being alone.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I took my DH, DD , and DS for the first time in 1981.......
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    My father would hook it up about 4-5 times a year in MK alone, and Epcot(center) bout 2 times a year.. I'm thinking my first time there was somewhere around the time class tickets vanished, and "If you had wings" was close to it's demise... man I wish I knew the date!

GREAT THREAD BUD!

eeeyyy!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    My parents took me to DL when I was very young, but I don't remember it at all....my first real trip to DL was with a BF in 1987, bad news there....sigh.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    DH took me to WDW on our honeymoon. It was my first time visiting WDW, and he knew the MK pretty well from being a native Floridian. Epcot/MGM/AK were all new experiences to him.

Our first trip to DL was last summer, together.

Our first cruise was DCL in 2003, together.

DLP was supposed to have been this past April, but someday we'll make it there and Tokyo.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    1st trip to WDW - 1979: my parents, brother, & I were visiting my grandparents in Ocala, and we all drove down for the day to the Magic Kingdom (well, that's all that was there then!)

1st trip to DL - 2001: my DH, DD, and myself, to see DL and DCA. Originally it was planned as a California 'road trip' with several cities, but ended up being 6 nights at the DisneyLand Hotel overlooking the two parks, with a day-trip to San Diego just to say we saw a little of the coast.
    I had taken a CA 'road trip' with my parents in 1986 - fabulous trip: San Francisco, Napa Valley, Yosemeti, Los Angeles, Hearst's Castle, San Diego (and 15 not-so-fabulous minutes in Tijuana, Mexico) BUT Dad felt we didn't need to see Disneyland since we had already been to WDW!!!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    DH and I honeymooned staying at Embassy Suites on International but spending every free moment at WDW. We went on a cruise 3 years later and stayed 8 days on the property. What a fabulous difference that was. Finally took our two oldest kids Thanksgiving 2003 and has an even better time. Looking forward to another visit in Oct.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Me, myself, and I. Did Epcot in the morning, MGM in the afternoon, MK at night on the Friday after Thanksgiving, 1991. I was in Orlando for a convention starting the next day and a friend's mother lived in Orlando and had a friend who worked at Disney who got me a "Passport to the World" for one day. I made the most of it (opened Epcot at 7:30 am and closed the MK around 1:00 am). I was HOOKED! Have made regular trips with my family since. Mr. iwannabeminnie and I went on our first solo trip for the Millenium Celebration, January 2000 (but not our last, we have found we enjoy traveling much more without the "kids").
    They call me "Nana"

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The first time I went to WDW I went with my parents and my grandparents.

The first time I went to DL I was 19 and we drove from Ohio to California to see a friend in the Marines and 3 of us went to DL spurt of the moment.
    Eric

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Disneyland in 1973 (i was 2 so i really don't remember it) it was the family trip to Las Vegas and Anahemiem and Mexico

DisneyWorld in 1975 with my parents and brother, then off to the beach in Daytona

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    It has been very interseting so far to read about your first visits to either DL or WDW.

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    My parents took me to WDW for the first time in 1988. We stayed at Fort Wilderness in a giant tent, which is why I love camping and my mom doesn't.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    My parents were the first to take me to WDW in 1983.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast