Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
General Discussions Discuss Where Is Everyone? in the Community Center forums; It seems like over the past few months less and less posts are popping up. With so much going on at WDW rigth now I expected to come back to ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Where Is Everyone?

It seems like over the past few months less and less posts are popping up. With so much going on at WDW rigth now I expected to come back to a TON of posting. It seems like right around the time the changes to the site went live, participation and posting dropped off. Maybe I'm just not searching right (LOL) but I'm finding a lot here in the General Discussions but not much related to everything happening on property. Come back WDWRadio'ers!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Where Is Everyone?

facebook might be having an affect on the boards

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Since the change over there have been a few issues with the sight that are still frustrating many. While some of us have learned to "figure it out" others have gone off to other sights. We lost the New Thread. on the forum front page and that makes it difficult to see anything breaking. We also lost the ability to go several days back and see what has been posted on what threads, the whats new resets, so you have to hunt down new stuff. It is a lot more work for members than any of the previous upgrades.

In discussions what we could multi-quote and be caught up now takes many, many posts and is time consuming.

Facebook took its toll a long time ago however this time you can see the downturn is directly related to the forum being so difficult to navigate. Unfortunate.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

I love coming here but I just don't seem to find the time to. I keep telling myself to make more of an effort as I love this place and I love you guys! ;-)
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

I'm here ;-)
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

I,m the same way, I'm not looking in the right place or something is going on! Lou needs to rethink this, It was alot better and easier before.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    I love coming here but I just don't seem to find the time to. I keep telling myself to make more of an effort as I love this place and I love you guys! ;-)
    i love you too. and i come on here so much my sister is going to kill me!
    Last edited by nicholas; 07-17-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Why would she do that? Are you hogging up the family computer?

SnwhtNdwrfs is online now Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    It does seem that original members rarely come on anymore. I have enjoyed being here since 2005 but so many have moved on. I know I am a lot busier now. Maybe others are but I do agree it isn't as user friendly as it once as. But also the focus for Lou has changed from "needing" the site to help sell books. Not a negative statement so please don't read it as such. Just saying that as focuses change, so do sites. Luckily changes aren't as frequent as Facebook!

I love everyone here and sure would like to see chat come back. That was a lot of fun to get people to get to know people.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I try and get on here as much as I can, but sometimes I just miss people. The time difference does make a tad hard sometimes.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Why would she do that? Are you hogging up the family computer?
    No she does in my mind. she just want to play. i call her syco josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I try and get on here as much as I can, but sometimes I just miss people. The time difference does make a tad hard sometimes.
    i'm home schold i stay up until 5:00AM we can chat.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    It does seem that original members rarely come on anymore. I have enjoyed being here since 2005 but so many have moved on. I know I am a lot busier now. Maybe others are but I do agree it isn't as user friendly as it once as. But also the focus for Lou has changed from "needing" the site to help sell books. Not a negative statement so please don't read it as such. Just saying that as focuses change, so do sites. Luckily changes aren't as frequent as Facebook!

I love everyone here and sure would like to see chat come back. That was a lot of fun to get people to get to know people.
    Right there with you... and I think you're right, the focus of the site changing probably had a big impact. I joined back when the site was all about Lou's books. SO many of the "old" folks like us from "back in the day" have just kinda disappeared. Unfortunately there is really only one other truly "active" Disney forum out there and it is one that offended me so highly that I've asked them to delete my account. I'd rather be around here where there's only maybe 10% of the folks that once were than be ridiculed and treated like my opinions don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    No she does in my mind. she just want to play. i call her syco josie.
    That'd be "Psycho" hun.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

The new posts on the main page, using they mouse ears Forum icon, have not been updated in a month. That was how I typically looked for new posts. I don't spend much time surfing and looking for new posts in the regular Forum tab at the top of the main page, so I guess I have not spent much time here. I liked the old site better for finding "breaking news" and new posts.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

im here and packing and ready to go back to the world !!!
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast