Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Dang kids--I must be getting old in the Community Center forums; There are good kids and there are bad kids...but why do the bad ones end up in the same Splash Mountian log as I do? A friend and I decided ...
    rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder

Dang kids--I must be getting old

There are good kids and there are bad kids...but why do the bad ones end up in the same Splash Mountian log as I do?

A friend and I decided to ride Splash Mountian last night when all the other guests in Magic Kingdom were finding their spots to watch the Wishes fireworks. Walk up to the enterance--cool---15 minute wait--no problem! The acual wait was like 5 minutes. We climb aboard or craft nod and wave at the CM at launch--no problem. Well problem--in row 1 and row 4 were teenagers. The row one guys asked us to pass their cell phones back to the row four girls--no problem--we did (we were in row two, three was empty). About 1/4 of the way through the ride-the high jinks began--standing up on the ride. We asked them to please sit down several times. In the area where B'rer Bear is stuck in the beehive-they decide to grab onto the scenery and HOLD the log in place (us--"Will you please let go of the scenery and stop goofing off"). As we drift toward the big drop--a smartalick in the front decides to stand up and try to punch the FSU weasal that pops out from a hole above us. Oh wait--its not over yet--down the drop--time to flip off the ride camera! We raise our arm for the drop and the kids flip off the camera. Well there goes any proof that Damon and I have a great time at Disney. Then in the room where the riverboat is--the girls decide to change seats and go into row three while the guys try to destroy more themeing. As we walked passed the photo display area--with them about 10 feet behind us. Well after a few step more I turned around--they were gone
    I am wondering and hoping a CM pulled them aside and gave them what for.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Whoa! Have never had that happen to me. (Thank God!)
    Izzy

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    That really ****s, RV. I know yall think I'm nuttz, but I'd never deface my favorite place on earth. I've said before, I wouldn't even touch the "Partners" statue, in fear that my hand oil will errode the monument.

I remember my first and only high school trip to WDW. I thought it be the best trip ever... turned out to be the worst. I don't remember much of it, except how once on HM, the "cool" kid in my algebra class literally did the unthinkable, and jumped out of his doom buggy. While I could witness others hock'n loogies on the back of other doom buggies, I was in a state of shock. I tried to keep track of where the kid was roaming (he got out somewhere around the graveyard scene) in the ride but it was so dark, he was gone. I remember how extremely amazed (and disappointed) I was when he didn't get busted. I waited at the exit to watch some hardcore WDW authority in action. But he came out and consequence never came.

Last edited by Tampa; 06-19-2005 at 07:54 PM.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    If your photo had a "this image has been washed away" they let you get on the ride to redo it. I had the happen on my trip and I was ready to buy the photo and we get there and go "photo washed". Ask the CM...since there were no teens on the ride, Flutter and I were hoping when we put our hands up we didn't "make a bad gesture" by mistake. The CM said that inappropriate behavior was not the only reason a photo gets deleted...people standing up or sitting on someone's lap are also reasons. We remembered that the little boy in front of us was on his dad's lap.

So no photo for us. We could have gotten back on the ride, but we had already been on it twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    So no photo for us. We could have gotten back on the ride, but we had already been on it twice that day.

that's not good enough.

Now I must offset my first post with something nice that happened. We were at MGM earlier in the day and bumped into two ladies from my town. We talked with them in line and rode ToT with them. It was a great time talking with them and listening to one of them scream at the top of her lungs when we dropped. We pulled a couple of very clean photo stunts too--I put my hands behind my head like I was watching the Bucs on TV and Damon held his up like on a coaster. People we rolling when they saw the ride pic!

Quote Originally Posted by rvastro
    like I was watching the Bucs on TV.
    you're good people maaaan.

eeeyyy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    you're good people maaaan.

eeeyyy!
    I am getting ready for the season! They better do better than 5-11 this year

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I hate to break the news to you guys, but the Colts are going all the way this year.
    They call me "Nana"

Huh, what? When did you guys get a new coach?

Dungy was not able to do it in Tampa with an excellent team in 1999--not enough fire in his soul to do it

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I hate to break the news to you guys, but the Colts are going all the way this year.

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    In taking school kids to WDW we have always taught them before we go to behave, because you never know who in the crowd is really working for Disney. This would not have countinued to have the effect that it had for as long as we took kids except for the fact of one special event our second trip. We were riding ISW when the 3 highschool boys with us started flirting with a girl in the boat behind them. Nothing bad just waving at her and stuff. Then as we were leaving the MK that night we stopped to shop at the EMP on MainStreet as we were leaving and there she was a CM working a register. You should have the looks on their faces I was LMMEO. So now when I take my kids or school kids I tell that story and end with what if you had been doing the wrong thing and got turned in.

Oh and yes COLTs will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut57

Oh and yes COLTs will win it all

I knew I liked you!
    They call me "Nana"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Football! But it is over 100 degrees outside. How can you discuss a fall sport like that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, the beautiful plains of Texas. However, here in Indiana the high today was a balmy 77.
    They call me "Nana"

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    My last trip (5-20-05__5-29-05) we were riding Splash Mountain on our last night at the park so I was taking everything in and just trying to hard wire some memories into my head...lol Well we ended up having some obnoxious teenagers on the ride trying to smack some of the props on the ride. Little did they know that I am in law enforcement(10 years now) and as we were getting off the ride I had a little chat with my "new friends". I REALLY tried my best to understand where they were coming from being teenagers and all as I am only 29 but I think I scared the heck out of em as their ride behavior quickly changed to fear after I got off the ride and confronted them. Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am the most understanding and gentle person in the world but I did not tolerate them trying to destroy my favorite ride. I wasn't a jerk at all but they well understood how I felt and that you never know who is on those rides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast