Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
General Discussions Discuss RIP Nolan in the Community Center forums; Im sure there must be a thread somewhere else but I cant find it and I just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers up for Nolan. I had only ...
    Kymie is offline B-Ticket Holder

RIP Nolan

Im sure there must be a thread somewhere else but I cant find it and I just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers up for Nolan. I had only ever known him as an online buddy through facebook, twitter, the box and the Reedy Creek Radio chatroom but admired the way he always got on with things even when he wasnt feeling well. My thoughts are with his family too xxx

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: RIP Nolan

I didnt know Nolan personally but we shared the common bond of Disney. May God bless his family and his friends during this time.

aph
    aph is offline Fastpass Holder

My thoughts and prayers for his friends and family.
    July 1973- Disneyland
    Nov 2002 -off property
    Oct 2004- off property
    Oct 2006- off property
    Nov 2010- Pop Century

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Kymie View Post
    Im sure there must be a thread somewhere else but I cant find it and I just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers up for Nolan. I had only ever known him as an online buddy through facebook, twitter, the box and the Reedy Creek Radio chatroom but admired the way he always got on with things even when he wasnt feeling well. My thoughts are with his family too xxx
    Nolan will be missed by many. That is the thing about the Disney Fan community and the various outlets for the WDW Radio online family, we come to know many, sometimes without actually meeting them in person. Seeing a few of his Moms tweets yesterday were unsettling, many waiting for an update as Nolan's posts and tweets went silent. Very rattled as the worst was confirmed last evening. Nolan loved to tweet and play in The Box, his upbeat attitude will be missed by many. May the Lord hold you tightly in his arms today.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Prayers for peace thru the process, and for the family to hold the goodness of this child close.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Kymie View Post

This type of thread would normally go under "general Discussions" bub-topic of "Prayers and Pixie Dust".
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Unfortunately, I did not know Nolan, but from everything y'all have related about him, I wish I had.
    I do, however, remember seeing his posts every now and then over the years.
    I do not know any of his history or how he ended up by the Lords side at this time, but I know he is at peace, and I dearly hope his friends and family soon find their own peace in knowing that.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Kymie is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    This type of thread would normally go under "general Discussions" bub-topic of "Prayers and Pixie Dust".
    Im sorry, wasnt sure whether to post it in there or here as I didn't want it to get lost. Nolan was a great person. To the mods feel free to move this post if appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Unfortunately, I did not know Nolan, but from everything y'all have related about him, I wish I had.
    I do, however, remember seeing his posts every now and then over the years.
    I do not know any of his history or how he ended up by the Lords side at this time, but I know he is at peace, and I dearly hope his friends and family soon find their own peace in knowing that.
    Here is an article that was written this past May about Nolan and it is a wonderful tribute to his life. Written with a great deal of love. When I joined the WDW Radio family of members it was because my son was becoming a CP 2007. Nolan eagerly answered some of my questions early on, such a nice young man.

http://www.wdwfanzone.com/2012/05/fa...ue-meet-nolan/

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Dear sweet Nolan!

We were friends in "the box" and on twitter...never got a chance to meet him personally, unfortunatly. i was looking forward to meeting him on 2.0 cruise but then i had to cancel...and now he is with uncle walt!

so very sad. i read his last tweet from yesterday, brings tears to my eyes. so so sad but he lived a long full life and overcame soo much!

i am honored to of been his friend, even if only online.

spent many hours of the 40 hour contest chattin with him...will miss him in the box ...

rip xox
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Here is an article that was written this past May about Nolan and it is a wonderful tribute to his life. Written with a great deal of love. When I joined the WDW Radio family of members it was because my son was becoming a CP 2007. Nolan eagerly answered some of my questions early on, such a nice young man.

http://www.wdwfanzone.com/2012/05/fa...ue-meet-nolan/
    Thank you for taking the time to provide that link, Gabe.
    So heartbreaking, but what an inspiration for those of us that are still around and, maybe sometimes, take too much of our lives for granted and, too much of the time, fail to savor the simple aspects of our gift of life.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Nolan

It's a sad week for the WDW radio family. One of the long time followers of this site is gone. 04CP_ Nolan or Nolan was the best box person anyone has ever seen. He had a great personality. And we will never forget him.http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/membe...33-04CP_-Nolan

Final arrangements for Nolan have been made.

http://smithmortuary.tributes.com/sh...odall-94283497

There is also a "leave a memory" link. Thought it was so thoughtful of Nolan's family to list his family and acknowledge his WDW family, as we all know meant so much to him.

I saw a post from his Mom that Nolan requested that memorial donations be made to Make A Wish. Always thinking of others, how cool is that.

4Shoemakers is offline A-Ticket holder

HauntedGabe... Thank you for posting this! I didn't even know about WDW Radio until the week we granted my son's wish while staying at Give-Kids-the-World Resort through the Make-a-Wish Foundation in November 2012. Nolan obviously was an extra special person who's light beamed! Beaming lights such as Nolan makes everyone around him happier and smile! I smiled and cried happy tears watching the videos you linked... What a great kid!!!

But his story hits close to home for me and my family. My son, David, was diagnosed and started treatment for Shone's Complex from day one (he just turned 7) . He's had 4 open heart surgeries, 2 heart caths, and countless pokes and prods. David's outlook is great and we do everything we can for him and WITH him because we never know when things might turn for the worse.

Again, I thank you for sharing this brief look into Nolan's life. He's truly an inspiration!!
    1st - Paul The Detective; 2nd - Sarah The Princess; 3rd - David The miracle; 4th - Matthew The dreamer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast